You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tayo Adaramola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tayo Adaramola
    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:37am
Makes his senior debut for Palace today in the FA Cup off the bench.

18 year-old left back from Dublin of Nigerian heritage developed at Kevin's Boys.  

Moved over to Palace at the age of 12 to join Palace, where he has done very well:

- in their academy (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54jNUJxenw ) and 

Capped for us at U17 and U19.  
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 11:44am
Great to see.
Big games for our U19's next month and hopefully he will be integral.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 2:44pm
Makes a PL squad for the first time today.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 6:32pm
Starts tonight for Palace in the cup.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 10:14pm
anyone see the game or get reviews on how he did?
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 10:28pm
I didn't realise the game was on tv till he was off but it showed him on the bench and the commentator were full of praise for him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 10:33pm
I watched it up until he was taken off. He was pacy and skillful on the ball, didn't look out of place at all. Very keen to get forward, would suit a left wing back role I think. Maybe one or two positioning issues at times but overall very decent for an 18 year old on his first start. The idea of him flying up and down the left wing for Ireland at some point in the future while Ebosele does similar on the right is appealing.

Should be with the under 21s this month, though probably as an understudy to Bagan for now at least.

Edited by You Tell Me - 01 Mar 2022 at 11:33pm
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 7:58am
Is he not gonna be with the U19's as they head into the Elite Phase of the U19's against Portugal, England and Armenia?

Bagan will surely still be the left back for the U21s later in the month against Sweden.

I had a quick look at the Palace forum. Their fans were giving out about how bad Palace were. Tayo got a rating of 6 I think but it was on par with the rest of the team.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 8:33am
Yes, you could make the case to leave him with the under 19s, though they have a near impossible task to qualify from that group. I'd say he's our second best left back under 21, so the question is whether the second best left back should be a back up with the under 21s or starting for the under 19s.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 9:40am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes, you could make the case to leave him with the under 19s, though they have a near impossible task to qualify from that group. I'd say he's our second best left back under 21, so the question is whether the second best left back should be a back up with the under 21s or starting for the under 19s.

I'd leave him to play the games with the 19's who play three games in a week or so.
Two huge matches v England and Portugal, and the last v Armenia.

Sure, the task to qualify (only the group winners get through) is onerous, but I'd rather Tayo play those three matches than sit on the bench for the single U21's match and if we put out our best U19 team, I feel it will give all those teams a run for their money.

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 10:32am
I thought he was very tidy and didn't look out of place in the Palace set up at all. Another exciting prospect!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 10:48am
He was okay. Ended up watching it he was a bit nervous I thought Viera was barking at him to get forward a bit in the first half. Palace in general lacked rhythm. Was also a bit isolated at times. Zaha disgraced himself to be quite frank his performance only exceeded by his attitude that didn't help the lad

Still was some endorsement to throw him into such a game so young. For context Bissaka and Mitchell were.both 20yo when they made their senior debuts. Adaramola only turned 18 last November hes a baby in football terms. 

Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 7:21pm
I was at the game last night. Tayo was decent and unlucky to be subbed off. Got caught a few times positionally but looked good going forward with zero assistance from Zaha. He was one of our top performers in a poor performance against a decent Stoke side. He has a big job on his hands trying to get ahead of Mitchell in the 1st team. But he is obviously in Vieira's plans which is great at 18. Paddy McCarthy is involved in the youth teams at Palace and would be very supportive of other Irish players
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:50am
Did I read somewhere that Tayo is expected to get game-time over the last two Palace matches?

Big game tonight in so far as Everton are hunting a win to get safe, so won't go down well in Leeds and Burnley of Palace throw the kids out!
But I'd like to see Tayo later.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Did I read somewhere that Tayo is expected to get game-time over the last two Palace matches?

Big game tonight in so far as Everton are hunting a win to get safe, so won't go down well in Leeds and Burnley of Palace throw the kids out!

From what I read they were blooding two lads our own lad Adaramola and an attacking midfielder who's name I can't think of and ain't bothered searching for. 

2 teenagers is hardly throwing the kids out. Would be marvelous if he got a start. Started an FA Cup game recently and it went mixed for him. Held himself well but was targeted and Zaha decided to have one of his customery off games where he didn't bother tracking back to boot.  That didn't help. 

He is very young still. Bissaka and Mitchell are his template and tbf to Adaramola he is ahead of Bissaka and Mitchell when they were his age. Not saying he will turn out like them yet who knows. If he did it would be fabulous. 

Edited by kevin100 - 19 May 2022 at 1:00pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

“It’s important, because that is part of their development,” Vieira said. “It’s good to see them around the first-team, to see their personality and to see how they will conduct themselves in training and in the dressing room with players around.

“That allows me to learn more about them. We have Jes and Tayo training with us. They will be around the first-team for these three [remaining] games and some of the games they will be on the field.

“We need to give them and create these types of opportunities to see how they will react under pressure.”

Might hopefully see him start more cup games next season, he did start one against Stoke in the FA Cup. Possibility that a loan could be an option too.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 7:18pm
Well he isn't on the bench tonight, so if he's to get minutes it'll be vs Man Utd on Sunday.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Well he isn't on the bench tonight, so if he's to get minutes it'll be vs Man Utd on Sunday.
Makes sense. Handy one to break him in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic