You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland Away 24th Sep 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 60>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wodawick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Regarding seat Nazis - I think we  have to accept that there is a new batch of fans arriving that don't get the unwritten "Sit where you want " rule . Once they get more fan caps they will learn this .

My nephew's first away and he loved it apart from the result , Great atmosphere before the game and at half time , He was a bit confused by a big fat wasted Scottish man who spent the first half spitting and roaring in his strong Scottish accent "You Scottish bastards " and "You Orange bastards " as Ireland of course played in an orange kit LOL - He did come out with a decent line when abusing Craig Gordon though - I hope you sh*t a hedgehog !

Performance wise I though we were awesome first half and probably would have won if Troy had a bit more composure , Doherty was great in the first half but looked wrecked after that .Scots had way more energy second half .Collins continues to impress and is the most composed Kildare baller I've seen since Johnny Doyle !

We did 2 nights Edinburgh and had no hassle with there or in Glasgow , Edinburgh seems a decent city with good nightlife and reminded a bit of Salzburg with the castle location etc. 

Yesterday was a nightmare though as we spent 12 hours in Edinburgh airport due to a 10 hour Ryanair flight delay Angry

At least you get a few pound SG 

Wait and see if it was Air Traffic's fault and not Ryan Air Wink

I have applied for compensation so lets see - I asked staff member when the first delay was announced what the reason was and she said the plane was "Missing a part " that was being flown up from Stanstead and would take 2 hours , We later found out from another staff member who was an English lad named Jack that there was a problem at East Midlands so they stopped there first "On the way to Edinburgh" and after we quizzed him further he admitted he knew this information at 10AM but couldn't get word to the crew on the terminal for some reason Confused A load of Dublin aul wans started having a go at him and he shat himself and looked like he wanted to cry .

You'll get your money soon enough. Had a flight delayed for something similar recently. The info email, including the EU Regulation was waiting for me on my return, and the money was in my account within a fortnight.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Was on this flight too so if anyone knows how we apply for compensation it would be appreciated. Think we are entitled to €250. The f**kers gave out a 3 pound voucher but when some went to spend them they have already been taken off the app too. Left the hostel at 3:30 for 4am bus up to Edinburgh and it was after half 12 when I got home to Donegal so a disaster of a day.

Go to ryanairs website , its not difficult to find it on it 

If its their fault, they usually pay up no bother, i have never been refused 

If its not their fault eg weather , emergency , Air traffic control etc they dont 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 4:06pm
I was delayed 7 hours in May Manchester to Cork with Ryanair as the plane was broken and needed fixed, so their fault. They ignored initial complaint and had to refer to ombudsman. Five months on and no response from anyone.

Used the Resolver website
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I was delayed 7 hours in May Manchester to Cork with Ryanair as the plane was broken and needed fixed, so their fault. They ignored initial complaint and had to refer to ombudsman. Five months on and no response from anyone.

As I said never had any issue with them and I have probsbly claimed 10 times including a double cancellation during covid 

EasyJet as well paid out on a 3 hrs 1  min delay

Only one had an issue was BA  who wouldn’t compensate by Lut dub flight or hotel but did fir the delayed Gibraltar’s flight 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 4:22pm
Maybe was just me. But they didn’t seem the same tension or hatred as in 2014. A lot of abuse on the streets in2014. Again could be just I didn’t experience it. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

As I said never had any issue with them and I have probsbly claimed 10 times including a double cancellation during covid 

EasyJet as well paid out on a 3 hrs 1  min delay

Only one had an issue was BA  who wouldn’t compensate by Lut dub flight or hotel but did fir the delayed Gibraltar’s flight 

You had any joy with Ryanair since all the airport chaos kicked off in Apri Have just assumed the volume they received has just led to a blanket ban on responding and the ombudsman obviously will be drowning in cases after a summer of chaos.
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Maybe was just me. But they didn’t seem the same tension or hatred as in 2014. A lot of abuse on the streets in2014. Again could be just I didn’t experience it. 
Yep, agree with this. 2014 was my first away day (done via tour package job) and we were unfortunate enough to be seated in the home section that night. Felt like the mob were ready to attack us any given minute. Especially, if McGeady had scored that night, we would've been goners. Proper away section this time but both in the stands and on the streets felt a lot lighter and hospitable. 
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by CatalanCelt1 CatalanCelt1 wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Yep, agree with this. 2014 was my first away day (done via tour package job) and we were unfortunate enough to be seated in the home section that night. Felt like the mob were ready to attack us any given minute. Especially, if McGeady had scored that night, we would've been goners. Proper away section this time but both in the stands and on the streets felt a lot lighter and hospitable. 

Some of them were shouting at us outside the ground as we headed in. "We hate England more than you". Maybe brexit has changed their minds or maybe they are just confused.

I met 3 Scots in Gallagher's pub beforehand, a Dundee United season ticket holder, Aberdeen season ticket holder and a Celtic season ticket holder and all 3 were bang on. Absolutely no hassle at all with them. 

Edited by tapfit2004 - 26 Sep 2022 at 5:31pm
Let Christy Take It.
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 5:44pm
Aye was dreading leaving the ground thought we'd get pelters but it was 100%. Biggest nightmare was just getting out of Hampden and back into the city, ended up just walking for miles and eventually got an uber. Won't be rushing back to Glasgow anytime soon, just a crap city in general. 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 6:47pm
you’re entitled to €250 for flights delayed more than 3 hour delay (arrival time) for flights less than 1500km - EU261 -If Ryanair act the bollox with the refund - contact the CAA.
Worked for me when Aer Lingus acted the bollox.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 7:35pm

You had any joy with Ryanair since all the airport chaos kicked off in Apri Have just assumed the volume they received has just led to a blanket ban on responding and the ombudsman obviously will be drowning in cases after a summer of chaos.

sorry no claims in a while but the airport chaos was down to the airports it had nothing to do with the airlines 

The DAA where giving out details of how to claim off them  - it wasnt the airlines fault there wasnt enough security staff in fact they were probably as accomodating as they could be eg I turned up at Stansted at 1700 for a 1830 flight last year and it wwas chaos at security due to lack of staff  - udually through in 10-15 mins 

Even with a fast past i didnt get to the the gate  18.25 and ryanair kept the gate open  - plane left about half full  
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 8:17pm
A great trip. My first time in Scotland (excluding a flight through Edinburgh). 

Edinburgh city centre is a fantastic spot. Packed with tourists as a result.
Glasgow is a massive city. 
A tour of Celtic Park was a great finish to the trip. 

Very grateful not to have been stuck in Edinburgh airport for 12 hours yesterday. Thankfully our flight to Shannon was only delayed by an hour. 

The Scott's were very sound. We didn't wear any Irish gear (outside the stadium) during the dark hours. We never felt under threat. Would feel safe going again.

Hampden Park, despite being a good bit outside of the centre, is a lovely stadium and really contained the atmosphere. 

I don't think the "What's it like to have a King?" chant was necessary. A lot of the Scott's don't even want a king/queen, they're not in favour of the monarchy. Scotland voted to stay in the EU (unlike England and Wales). A bit unfair to abuse a team/supporters about something they're not in favour of. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Very grateful not to have been stuck in Edinburgh airport for 12 hours yesterday. Thankfully our flight to Shannon was only delayed by an hour. 

The Scott's were very sound. We didn't wear any Irish gear (outside the stadium) during the dark hours. We never felt under threat. Would feel safe going again.

Hampden Park, despite being a good bit outside of the centre, is a lovely stadium and really contained the atmosphere. 

I don't think the "What's it like to have a King?" chant was necessary. A lot of the Scott's don't even want a king/queen, they're not in favour of the monarchy. Scotland voted to stay in the EU (unlike England and Wales). A bit unfair to abuse a team/supporters about something they're not in favour of. 
I think the majority of the Scottish voted to remain in the Union. So it was something they were in favour of.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Any fans who boo anthems deserve a lot worse than that weak chant.

I can assure you that a lot of the Scumland fans in attendance on Saturday are more than happy to have a King.
MickoJ View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickoJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 10:21pm
Myself and a couple of friends walked back from Hampden to the city and met quite a lot of Scots that were very friendly towards us and wished us well for the remainder of our trip. Was the same in the city before the game. Seen something online that said Scottish fans tend to boo whatever away teams anthem no matter who they’re playing as an intimidation thing and can’t see the point of that to be quite honest
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:08am
I was very impressed with Hamden. Not usually a fan of stadiums with running tracks but the one large level really seemed to keep the noise in. Sometimes I find split levels, the atmosphere doesn't travel between them, people on top can seem like they're just looking down on the atmosphere. The bulk of the Scottish vocal fans seemed to be right next to us too which added to it.

Neilly71 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neilly71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:14am
"Scumland" LOL Jesus. 52% of Scots are not in favour of the monarchy.  Support for independence now at over 50%. As regards the vote in 2014, over 50% of "Scots" voted Yes. We had the majority of English people here (not all but a majority) and the same with EU citizens, voting in favour of No.
I'd never boo anyones National anthem, and it was booed so sorry about that, James McClean beeing booed, dont get that either but then we also have a variety of dickheads in our support, add alcohol, instant arsehole.
salmoneile View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmoneile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 9:28am
great trip, didnt see much of scotland except for the 4 walls of malones for three days. Fans were grand, only came across 3 arseholes when queuing for the train back to the centre after the game. They quickly shut up when 4 of us crossed the road towards them claiming it was only banter. 

Ryanair flight back to shannon via edinburgh on the sunday is always delayed so an hour and a bit wasnt that bad. Would definitely go again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 60>
  Share Topic