You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland Away 24th Sep 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 60>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

What's most people's plans for the Friday and game day? Just head down the Gallowgate and go with the flow or is there one or two places on particular people will base themselves?

Probably be in the city / merchant city most of the time. No real need to move out of it really, don't see the point in going down the Gallowgate to be honest myself.

Find somewhere to put on the 21s game Friday night with a good Irish crowd in it, going to assume Grace's ?. The usual for match day, wherever the crowds are.

I wonder will The Garage try to be recreated the night before like in 2014. Possibly the best pre night I've encountered.

Suppose Glasgow has plenty of options, and people will know it from going to games over there, so not like there can be 1 meet up place.

The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:23pm
Sadly, Campus is no longer with us - Some night there after the game the last time
Chris886 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris886 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:26pm
is this still available?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:34pm
Campus, that's the one, not the Garage. Where am I getting The Garage from?
Heard it was back open, but probably just a rumor.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Campus and Garage both open if Google is right
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:42pm

I heard it was supposed to reopen but hadn't.
But Facebook seems to indicate it actually is open - Double Vodkas and Irn Bru all round!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:46pm
Nice city centre bar that isn’t a Wolfe tone concert nor the louden tavern ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

But Facebook seems to indicate it actually is open - Double Vodkas and Irn Bru all round!!!

With inflation that'll probably be up to £1.10p now.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Bier Halle and West on the green (probably wouldn't be classed as city centre) were decent last time I was up. Pasano pizza also needs a special mention if anyone Into Naples style pizza 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:17pm

would appear campus is opened 12pm - 3am the day before the match... what could possibly go wrong LOL
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:18pm
Really looking forward to this trip now tbh. Didn't get going last time around so I cant judge on the tales of toxic atmosphere at the time, but not letting it effect excitement for the trip. Although top spot is all but gone , it would be fantastic to finish strongly with 4 if not 6 points from last two games.

Hitting the ground running with any points on the board and backing it up against Armenia would show signs of improvement compared to previous blocks of games where we grew into the window. This would bode well then with our best ever return in NL and a positive outlook ahead of Euro Draw... Plus it would be nice to get the double over the scots to boot!!!   

My last two aways in Lux and Lodz had a different feel about them for a multitude of reasons namely covid and essentially neutral venue because of situation in Ukraine so looking forward to see what this one brings.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 4:59pm
I didn't see a separate thread for travelling and accommodation so I will put this here. It could have already been mentioned so deleted this post if it was.

For anyone looking for a really cheap trip over and back the citylink bus company will bring you from Belfast bus station to Glasgow Buchanan bus station for 50 sterling return including the cost of the ferry. An Aircoach from O'Connell Street in Dublin to Belfast is 18 euro return. All in 78 euro out Friday morning back Sunday evening. 

I looked at flying to Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Newcastle and London and either another flight to Glasgow or a train up. There's a few options with the train from a few places on the Friday but there doesn't seem to be any trains out of Glasgow on the Sunday. On one of the pages it mentions engineering work so that could be why. The trains could be dodge with the ongoing strikes if it's not sorted out by then. .

Accommodation isn't cheap. The Point A hotel is 150 euro a night for a double room. I remember staying there about 4 years ago for 60 a night for a room with no window, it's clean but you wouldn't want to be claustrophobic..

Edited by tapfit2004 - 17 Aug 2022 at 5:03pm
Let Christy Take It.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Bier Halle and West on the green (probably wouldn't be classed as city centre) were decent last time I was up. Pasano pizza also needs a special mention if anyone Into Naples style pizza 

Thumbs Up
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Dannyfitz3 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyfitz3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 11:26pm
hi lads , they’ll be like hens teeth but if anyone is selling two Ireland ends for Scotland will take them off your hands. Got one myself but looking for two more as only got 1/3 for some reason even though reading this thread seemed like everyone got sorted 😂

Edited by Dannyfitz3 - 17 Aug 2022 at 11:29pm
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyfitz3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Deco Deco wrote:

Invoice in; wanted one ticket and gave me three. Requesting a new invoice for one ticket. 

Hi deco , I’ll take the two if you haven’t given them back yet mate , I’ve got one but looking for two! 
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyfitz3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Originally posted by Lallers Lallers wrote:

Hi there, it won’t let me PM you, but I’d be interested in your home end ticket, myself and two of my buddies are heading over sorted with tickets, but a fourth member wants to join in however he doesn’t have a ticket. It would be much appreciated to hear back, to either myself or to @chris886. If the ticket gone, no hassle, but would love to hear back, once again thanks a mill! 

I have a spare away end ticket if you want it

Hi man I’ll take this off you if you still have it?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 11:58pm

With inflation that'll probably be up to £1.10p now.

sadly inflation is running a lot higher over here than in ireland. a double vodka with mixer is now 4 quid at campus Sleepy
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Caoimghinmcl View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caoimghinmcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:13am
If you haven’t returned this to the TO I would be happy to take this off you? Have one ticket but trying to get my hands on a second.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 60>
  Share Topic