You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland Away 24th Sep 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 60>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

The original person said they were in London for work, so that's why I said to save on the accommodation to get the bus.

In 2014 for the Glasgow game I was living in London, and moving back to Dublin that week. I was staying in a hostel for the last week of my time there, so instead of paying for the night in a rubbish hostel I decided to get the bus.
I can't understand how this doesn't apply to many more people.   

Me ? have used London plenty of times to head to an away game straight from work or the day after   - alot better connections than dublin obviously 

really ? it has been explained 

Option A - pay for a night in glasgow along with transport to Glasgow
Option B  - spend 14hrs on a bus to glasgow 

for most its a no brainer 
So you are getting the  bus then NRBig smile

Edited by Claret Murph - 29 Jul 2022 at 3:58pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:48pm
The easiest away to get to in a few years and we still end up talking about 14 hour bus trips Smile

Edited by VanBosch - 29 Jul 2022 at 6:48pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

The original person said they were in London for work, so that's why I said to save on the accommodation to get the bus.

In 2014 for the Glasgow game I was living in London, and moving back to Dublin that week. I was staying in a hostel for the last week of my time there, so instead of paying for the night in a rubbish hostel I decided to get the bus.
I can't understand how this doesn't apply to many more people.   

Me ? have used London plenty of times to head to an away game straight from work or the day after   - alot better connections than dublin obviously 

really ? it has been explained 

Option A - pay for a night in glasgow along with transport to Glasgow
Option B  - spend 14hrs on a bus to glasgow 

for most its a no brainer 
So you are getting the  bus then NRBig smile

bought 2 seats murph  - hope to stretch out 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

The easiest away to get to in a few years and we still end up talking about 14 hour bus trips Smile

You take the high road, and I'll take the low road...
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 12:26am
Wow.

I'm glad I read back through the last few pages of the thread.

Some vital information and discussion there.  Thanks lads. Confused
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
Flybe really pissing me off now - I was originally booked to fly with them from Edinburgh to Belfast City Airport the day after the game at noon. They emailed me a week ago to say it was changed to 1.10pm which I accepted and paid Megabus £3 to change to a later bus so I wouldn't be hanging around Edinburgh Airport for 3 hours. Now they've emailed me to say it's been moved yet again, this time to 5.25pm! Fkn cowboys! ClownAngry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:11am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Flybe really pissing me off now - I was originally booked to fly with them from Edinburgh to Belfast City Airport the day after the game at noon. They emailed me a week ago to say it was changed to 1.10pm which I accepted and paid Megabus £3 to change to a later bus so I wouldn't be hanging around Edinburgh Airport for 3 hours. Now they've emailed me to say it's been moved yet again, this time to 5.25pm! Fkn cowboys! ClownAngry
Ya poor lamb...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:26am
Talk to Joe.  Or the Scottish equivalent. 
AKA pedantic kunt
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:28am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

That really doesn't sound too bad. Unless you're rushing home for something then surely a later flight is better after being out probably most of Saturday and Sat night
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:29am
Its the £3 thats the Issue here it seems.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:46am
Typical Newry man.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:08pm
More the fact that they've changed it twice in a week - I know, first world problems and all that but I'm sure you would also feel a bit pissed off if it happened to you. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Talk to Jock
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Talk to Jock
I have Victor on the phone from Craiglang. Go ahead Victor....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
salmoneile View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmoneile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:32pm
just use some of those fake 2 euros that are flying about
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:00am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Talk to Jock

LOL
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:40am
Wonder what demand has been like for tickets? I've a feeling it'll not be as bad as feared
Here we go again
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 6:22pm
A lot of regulars missing this due to poisonous atmosphere in the city last time around 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 60>
  Share Topic