You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland Away 24th Sep 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 60>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusGizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 8:32pm
Is anyone travelling on the 12:25 pm Ryanair to glasgow on the day of the game? 
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by MaximusGizmo MaximusGizmo wrote:

Is anyone travelling on the 12:25 pm Ryanair to glasgow on the day of the game? 
I am. Thumbs Up

Don't tell me there's a problem with that one as well (as the issues I have already mentioned about Flybe)? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

A lot of regulars missing this due to poisonous atmosphere in the city last time around 
Spot on , $hithole of a city .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

A lot of regulars missing this due to poisonous atmosphere in the city last time around 

You raved about the museum and steak joint youse went too 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:56am
glasgow is a great city Clap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MaximusGizmo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusGizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:13am
No problem. Just wondering if that flight might have been a bit late to be travelling over 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

glasgow is a great city Clap
Yip it's quality. We encountered zero issues the last time either
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:01am

definitely wasn't my most favourite of away trips last time out but still wouldn't let it stop me going back next month 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:37am

I've been to see us play in Glasgow twice and I haven't encountered this on either occasion. Is Glasgow somewhere I'd choose to go to outside of football? No. Is it a kip though? No. It's got a bit of a rough edge but I'm from Dublin ffs so who am I to judge. It's funny though, there are mates of mine who are regular travellers to games that are only doing a one night trip for this game because of this notion that Glasgow is a kip. These are lads who, like myself, just want to go to the pub for the day and have a bit of craic, and there is no shortage of nice pubs to do that in. It's not like they're looking to do walking tours or go to museums or other places of cultural interest ffs.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:23pm
Had a bad match experience last time around due to me being in the home section and a few ***t's behind me in the stand. However I have previously been to Glasgow for an away game in Hamden without incident and last time out for the game in Parkhead prior to the game had a great day in Chrystal Bell mixing with loads of Scots. This time out I'm spending Thursday Night in Edinburgh heading to Glasgow on the Friday and flying back out of Edinburgh early Monday morning to Cork. Should be a good rebel Sunday in graces. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:34pm
Am going for the 2 nights again but wouldn’t be rushing back - practically the only away trip where I felt uncomfortable wearing away colours a few times - nothing happened but wasn’t a great vibe 

The Scot’s are mostly grand but they do have a few eejits much like ourselves 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:10pm

Was originally considering going but decided not to apply for tickets.

Atmosphere is Glasgow is not very enticing.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:56pm
Surely the atmosphere isn't enough to put you off going it's hardly like going to Iran with a USA jersey on.

Would people not go to Windsor Park as well? 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Am going for the 2 nights again but wouldn’t be rushing back - practically the only away trip where I felt uncomfortable wearing away colours a few times - nothing happened but wasn’t a great vibe 

Did you not have to cross over to the other side of the road when crap was hurled at you and Mrs NR Brigetown ( major $hithole ) or what . 
Yep the museum was very good and the steak joint but we will never go back . 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:29pm

Did you not have to cross over to the other side of the road when crap was hurled at you and Mrs NR Brigetown ( major $hithole ) or what . 

that's 2 tickets now available then so as you two well up the ladder murph. hopefully see yous next time for few drinks 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:50am

Didn’t cross the road CM as it was upon us before we realised ( some xxxx came to the bar door as we were walking by to give it a bit - Fuk him Ed  gave it back 

We were recommended to avoid the area but the taxi driver dropped us off there when the traffic was Bumper to bumper didn’t realise where we were

Got a few looks the night before match day and got asked to cover up day after the game so to summarise I wouldn’t rush back to Glasgow  
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 4:21pm

Didn’t cross the road CM as it was upon us before we realised ( some xxxx came to the bar door as we were walking by to give it a bit - Fuk him Ed  gave it back 

We were recommended to avoid the area but the taxi driver dropped us off there when the traffic was Bumper to bumper didn’t realise where we were

Got a few looks the night before match day and got asked to cover up day after the game so to summarise I wouldn’t rush back to Glasgow  
Yer NR maybe from living in the north you come to terms with sectaiain fecking sh*te every day but we found it hard to put up with , i have to say it's the first time i have to cover up and  not wear colours since i have been travelling since 1990 only until match day  . 
RB , look forward to seeing you home or away next season Thumbs Up
NR will Mrs NR be travelling and if not why ? 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 5:27pm

Yer NR maybe from living in the north you come to terms with sectaiain fecking sh*te every day but we found it hard to put up with , i have to say it's the first time i have to cover up and  not wear colours since i have been travelling since 1990 only until match day  . 
RB , look forward to seeing you home or away next season Thumbs Up
NR will Mrs NR be travelling and if not why ? 

She wasn’t a fan of Glasgow 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 60>
  Share Topic