You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland Away 24th Sep 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

If Scotland are going to a world cup it will be very popular.
To the Scots, more so than ourselves.

We'll have a fair wedge travel but it won't be near what was in Parkhead that time.
Sorry that's what I meant in regards to getting home end tickets. Our away support is very average at best and appalling compared to what the Scots bring on their travels.
Our last aways where away fans were permitted.
Luxembourg 1200
Baku 200
Geneva 3000
Tbilisi 300
Copenhagen (not sure but wasnt over subscribed) maybe 3000

Not That I disagree with your general point but there was more than 300 in Tbilisi wasn’t there?
Yer close to five hundred i would have said 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 7:54pm
Scots only have us 5% the last time wasn't it? 
If it is 10% of hampden that maybe that might be enough? 

Will also depend on how both teams fair out
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They've only to give us 5% and if they're off to the world cup in November there's not a hope of them giving us 10%

The new ticketing system though will ensure that the allocation is done fairly though amongst Ireland fans unlike the previous trip to Scotland. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 8:51am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

They've only to give us 5% and if they're off to the world cup in November there's not a hope of them giving us 10%

The new ticketing system though will ensure that the allocation is done fairly though amongst Ireland fans unlike the previous trip to Scotland. 
That was the start of JDs down fall for sure .
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

That was the start of JDs down fall for sure .

I know a fella who was in a restaurant with about 10 lads from his job a few months before the the last Scotland game. Delaney was in the same restaurant and one of the lads went up and asked him for tickets for the game in Celtic Park. JD gave yer man his email and sorted them all out with tickets. A few of them had never been at an Ireland game home or away and none of them were season ticket holders.

We ended up two sections over from the away section behind the goals with a row of rangers supporters in front of us. Great craic so it was. 
Let Christy Take It.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 2:35pm
Scotland away turned into a disaster for me last time. Was one of the many with great away records that got that Friday email telling me I was unsuccessful. 

Four of us regular travellers then bought tickets in the exec area at hampden on my card, and then I ended up with a further four from the FAI once we had all complained. As I didn't need the four exec tickets, I organised them to be sold for charity and they want for £200 each, nice £800 for charity.

I had eight tickets on me day of the game, and was driving up from Cheshire as was working there. Motorway got completely blocked from an oil spill and I moved 4 mile in 5 hours. Problem here is it meant not only did I have to refund the lads who had paid me for the fai tickets,  I also had to refund the £800 to the people who had donated to charity, as they weren't going to receive their tickets.

Managed to get off the motorway just in time to watch in a boozer as we lost, and nearly a grand out of pocket.

Moral of the story - Don't do anything for charity. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 2:39pm
Holy sh*t that is some misfortunate there Roberto
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 2:41pm
yip the only good thing about the last Scotland away game was it was in a small way the beginning of the end for JD 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 4:27pm
Met plenty of fellas at that Scotland game who had no interest in football nevermind Ireland and said it was there first ever time going to a match.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 7:28pm
I have no interest going back there i have to say to watch a game  .
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 1:02pm
Got home end tickets two blocks away from our corner, a group of Hearts fans made it as uncomfortable as possible for us. With that and being refused entry to two pubs in the city centre it was my least enjoyable away trip, but plan to head over again hopefully .
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:12pm
This is now on Sat 24th Sept, moved from 23rd. The days delay seems to have gone under the radar, not highlighted in any article I've seen
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

This is now on Sat 24th Sept, moved from 23rd. The days delay seems to have gone under the radar, not highlighted in any article I've seen
Check out the fixtures thread in ROI. Cool
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:21pm
I was due to fly back Saturday, €90 to change for Ryanair
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:24pm
ffs

My too - flying home with Ryanair on the Sat. I am absolutely sick of this nonsense.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I was due to fly back Saturday, €90 to change for Ryanair

Same as but €33 change with Aer Lingus. 8.35 am flight home Sunday now thoughDead
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 4:46pm
due back Saturday too . Would travel insurance cover 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 5:39pm
easier to get to Belfast but 2 flights I need to try and recoup 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
  Share Topic