You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eiran Cashin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eiran Cashin
    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:02am
Made his third Championship appearance for Derby today, coming on for the last 7 minutes in their win over Sheffield United. 

20 year-old centre-back. English-born of Irish descent.  Capped for our U18s. 
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:36pm
With Jagielka gone to Stoke and them unable to sign players, I'd expect to see a lot more him between now and the end of the season.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 2:57pm
That's exactly what we need, another centre back LOL.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's exactly what we need, another centre back LOL.

Not immediately we dont, but when Duffy, Egan, Clark, Lenihan etc begin to hit 33/34/35 and decide to call it a day these lads will be 10 years their junior with hopefully heaps of experience and ready to step in. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 2:34pm
First league start today.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 11:19pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 9:25am
Wonder if he'll feature a few more times over the next few weeks and get a 21's call-up?

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 11:00am
Is it time for Derby to Cashin on him?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Wonder if he'll feature a few more times over the next few weeks and get a 21's call-up?

Who's ahead of him in the u21. Mcguinness would be I'd imagine.

O'Brien and McGuinness are the two main men there this campaign.
Both getting senior minutes, which is good.

I don't know who the backups are off hand, but a lad getting a few games (if that indeeed happens) in the Championship can't be far away from the squad.

Edited by Fozz - 22 Feb 2022 at 12:02pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 12:21pm
Backups would be the likes of McEntee and Richards. If Cashin gets a run of games for Derby that would push him in front of them, and maybe O'Brien also.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 9:41am
Rooney has to be given a lot of credit for how well he has done at Derby. Awful job conditions to have and they might squeeze their way out of relegation if they keep going
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Rooney has to be given a lot of credit for how well he has done at Derby. Awful job conditions to have and they might squeeze their way out of relegation if they keep going

hes doing a great job but reading winning their last 2 games really hurts them
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 5:32pm
Yeah but I think in terms of points per game, if they keep going they will def be safe. 
Either way fair play to him. They would be like 13th or 14th with basically a bunch of young kids and a tiny squad in the most competitive league you can find. He will get big jobs because of who he is. Lampard has failed his way into 2 bigger jobs so Rooney will be a prem coach easily before too long
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 9:42pm
Watched the Derby v Millwall game. 4 Irish lads played. 

Cashin- full debut and played solid. Will be some player. Needs an U21 call up

Knight- usual consistent self

Ebolesse- injured towards the end of the first half but Derby's best player before this.Should  be  in the senior squad fir the upcoming friendlies.

McNamara- Millwall- Very consistent player. Needs to be in the senior squad. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Birdcracker Birdcracker wrote:

Watched the Derby v Millwall game. 4 Irish lads played. 

Cashin- full debut and played solid. Will be some player. Needs an U21 call up

Knight- usual consistent self

Ebolesse- injured towards the end of the first half but Derby's best player before this.Should  be  in the senior squad fir the upcoming friendlies.

McNamara- Millwall- Very consistent player. Needs to be in the senior squad. 

We'll soon have a 60 man squad with all these lads that need to be in the next squad.
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 9:55pm

We'll soon have a 60 man squad with all these lads that need to be in the next squad.
[/QUOTE]

Really. Assume you don't agree then. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 10:13pm
I think a lot of lads have put their hand up for a call up over the course of this season. But I don't think we'll see loads of new faces called up at the same time, just 2 or 3, maybe 4 tops (plus some old faces that haven't been in for a while).

Who gets the call up depends on what positions the senior team needs to address, IMO we need a couple of CMs & a LWB.
RWB (McNamara & Ebosele) is fine short-term between Doherty, Coleman, Ogbene & Christie.

Also consider the U21s have a crucial game vs Sweden the same week, so there's no point stripping that team further unless is really necessary.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 10:59pm
I think what's been said here is fairly reasonable - we're going to need a bigger squad for the June block of games - it's four games back to back right at the end of the season and we'll inevitably be missing players, so it makes sense to call up three or four new faces to integrate them during the March friendlies.

For me the ones I'd like to see in are McNamara, Ebosele and probably Sykes for midfield with Coventry and Kilkenny staying with the 21s for now. Maybe Scully as well if he finishes the season strongly. There's room for those lads to come in for these friendlies I think, and probably again in June.

Cashin should definitely be with the 21s based on his recent games for Derby and I expect he'll be called up to that squad, there's a drop off in quality at centre back there after McGuinness and O'Brien.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic