You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

So demoralised as a Waterford supporter after yesterday 

Our championship hopes hanging by a tread and slowly realising we're never going to win the All Ireland. This bloody Round Robin format has been a disaster for us 
Even as an optimistic Cork fan I didn't see tht win coming Sunday. No idea where the performance came from. Munster is such a tight competition any upsets can really knock you off course. 

I suppose in the pre-round robin days, if you lose two Championship games you'd be gone anyway, Cork and Waterford both fall into that camp.

Two bang average sides. 

Lots of unforced errors.

Neither aren't bad but they're nothing special.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:00am
Munster final day in a sold out Thurles, can’t beat it. Wonderful occasion.

Galway were poor last night, they were always chasing the game. It’s nearly guaranteed score when you give Reid a chance from a free. 

The Joe Mcdonagh final was a great game. Antrim steam rolled but Kerry clawed their way back in and I reckon would have pinched it if another few mins left. Was a goal fest.

Cork have to head to antrim now and Kerry will host Wexford.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:01am
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Munster final day in a sold out Thurles, can’t beat it. Wonderful occasion.

Galway were poor last night, they were always chasing the game. It’s nearly guaranteed score when you give Reid a chance from a free. 

The Joe Mcdonagh final was a great game. Antrim steam rolled but Kerry clawed their way back in and I reckon would have pinched it if another few mins left. Was a goal fest.

Cork have to head to antrim now and Kerry will host Wexford.

Leinster Final.was a snorefest 

I only saw the second half of Joe McDonagh. The standard was very poor. Antrim ought to be beating Kerry alot more comfortably if they are a proper Division 1 team.

Can't beat a Munster Final. Weather looks poor for it. 

Edited by B6 6HE - 05 Jun 2022 at 10:01am
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:51pm
Great day once again in Thurles. This team owe us nothing at all.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:04am
Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

Limerick a team outside of the traditional big 2 winning 4 titles in a row. And Clare the least successful team bar Kerry are the ones pushing them all the way.

Cannot wait for the business end to start now. Would love a Clare v Kilkenny semi final but I'd take a Galway or Wexford pairing either. Limerick the team to beat but anything can happen.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:22am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

Limerick a team outside of the traditional big 2 winning 4 titles in a row. And Clare the least successful team bar Kerry are the ones pushing them all the way.

Cannot wait for the business end to start now. Would love a Clare v Kilkenny semi final but I'd take a Galway or Wexford pairing either. Limerick the team to beat but anything can happen.
The semi finals are Galway/Cork or Antrim v Limerick  and either Clare/Wexford or Kerry v Kilkenny 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

The semi finals are Galway/Cork or Antrim v Limerick  and either Clare/Wexford or Kerry v Kilkenny 
Hard to see past Limerick reaching the final. I actually think a heavily underdog cork would have the best shot but I think Galway will beat cork. 

Clare Vs Wexford is an interesting pairing assuming they beat Kerry. But I hope Clare set up a semi Vs Kilkenny. Need to see more of Tony Kelly and I reckon the banner have the best shot at derailing the cats. It's been a while since we've seen that pairing in a semi final or final or is my memory failing?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:44pm

Hard to see past Limerick reaching the final. I actually think a heavily underdog cork would have the best shot but I think Galway will beat cork. 

Clare Vs Wexford is an interesting pairing assuming they beat Kerry. But I hope Clare set up a semi Vs Kilkenny. Need to see more of Tony Kelly and I reckon the banner have the best shot at derailing the cats. It's been a while since we've seen that pairing in a semi final or final or is my memory failing?
2004 for a semi-final which Kilkenny won after a replay and they also met in the 2002 All Ireland final best remembered for DJ leaving Ollie Baker on his backside for one of the great All Ireland final points. Wonder where the 1/4 finals will be played I’d like to see them back in Croke Park but it’s often Thurles or Limerick. I’d actually fancy Galway to beat Cork in Croke Park or Limerick but Galway don’t have a great record in Thurles.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 06 Jun 2022 at 11:44pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:56pm

[QUOTE=eireland]Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

2004 for a semi-final which Kilkenny won after a replay and they also met in the 2002 All Ireland final best remembered for DJ leaving Ollie Baker on his backside for one of the great All Ireland final points. Wonder where the 1/4 finals will be played I’d like to see them back in Croke Park but it’s often Thurles or Limerick. I’d actually fancy Galway to beat Cork in Croke Park or Limerick but Galway don’t have a great record in Thurles. [/QUOTE
I'll be in Dublin for work those weekends so hopefully croker but they are usually thurles. They tried cork one year I think but it didn't work out too well. 

Clare are fierce unlucky over the years. They've lost a lot of big games in Extra time or replays but at least they won the big one against cork.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 12:11am

[QUOTE=eireland]Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

2004 for a semi-final which Kilkenny won after a replay and they also met in the 2002 All Ireland final best remembered for DJ leaving Ollie Baker on his backside for one of the great All Ireland final points. Wonder where the 1/4 finals will be played I’d like to see them back in Croke Park but it’s often Thurles or Limerick. I’d actually fancy Galway to beat Cork in Croke Park or Limerick but Galway don’t have a great record in Thurles. [/QUOTE
I'll be in Dublin for work those weekends so hopefully croker but they are usually thurles. They tried cork one year I think but it didn't work out too well. 

Clare are fierce unlucky over the years. They've lost a lot of big games in Extra time or replays but at least they won the big one against cork.
Awh they had a good record under Loughnane in replays during the 90’s. You basically bullied Clare once you weren’t going doing it again was his way of thinking. 2010 i think the last time the 1/4 finals were in Croke Park. Not sure what to make of Wexford like in one way only for a weak referee who was influenced by the crowd for the overturning of the free V Galway they’d be out draw with Westmeath and then beat Kilkenny. They can be very hard to play against nobody will get anything easy from them and Lee Chin is back in form again which is a huge boost.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 2:35pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bill Murray at the Galway Cork game

Same teams playing each other every year.  Groundhog Day.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 11:39am
Just in Dublin for our fifth semi final in a row……great times after all the years of misery and living in hope.

Expect Galway to put it up to us physically.

Game yesterday was poor. Clare shooting decision was criminal at times, KK just going about their business as usual.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 3:28pm

Just in Dublin for our fifth semi final in a row……great times after all the years of misery and living in hope.

Game yesterday was poor. Clare shooting decision was criminal at times, KK just going about their business as usual.
As a Corkman and seeing us play both this year, Limerick are far better than Galway. Hope I'm wrong but this should be a double digit win
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:15pm
Almost caught today, looked very leggy at times and off the pace. Galway with some awful wides.
Another final tho but we need to improve massively 🇳🇬
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 11:10pm
Kilkenny surely favs based on current form and momentum. This will be some battle. 

Today was a great battle also. Limerick deserving winner's but Galway could have done it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:10am

As a Corkman and seeing us play both this year, Limerick are far better than Galway. Hope I'm wrong but this should be a double digit win
You don’t know much do you 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 8:59am

You don’t know much do you 
As I said, based on how those teams performed against us, Limerick are far ahead of Galway, Galway obviously stepped up a huge amount from their fortunate win against Cork in the QF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic