You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 160>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:13am
Almost all electricity, water etc restored in Ukraine just in time for the next wave of Russian missiles.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 2:32pm
2 of the 3 long range air bases Russia has at least on the European side had explosions today. Long range Russian bomber's believed to be damaged. 

It looks like Russia launched another missile barrage in retaliation but so far it seems most have been shot down. Could be more on the way. Moldova currently suffering from power outages. 

Ukraine have announced they're in the final stage of development for long range drones that can carry a 75kd war head. If Russia has to move their long range planes another few thousand miles away this will be a major headache. Likewise if anti missile rockets have to start being used to shoot down drones over major cities across Russia who have been largely shielded from this war. 

Another trend not heading in their favour. Meanwhile Bakmut doesn't look like it's about to fall and Russia still losing hundreds of soldier's on it every day. I'm starting to think rather then wait until spring or next summer the better trained and equipped Ukrainian soldier's might in fact try a counter attack when the ground freezes over and Russia has spent their current wave of mobiks

Only two places are likely to see a counter zaporizhzhia and Luhansk. 

Edited by eireland - 05 Dec 2022 at 2:34pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 3:32pm
I work with two people who just had the following conversation about some story that appeared on Sky News about Ukraine. A power station being attacked or taken over, not quite sure which. 
A polish man and an Irish girl for context.

Man: "This bullsh*t, another we're meant to feel sorry for Ukraine story"
Girl: "I know, would they ever just get on with it and stop whining, we all have lives to live"
Man: "Exactly, they are making most of the trouble for themselves"
Girl: "That Ukraine President, I don't believe a word he says, he's a snake"
Man: "If he cared as much as he makes out he'd be out fighting"
Girl: "And instead he's out meeting world leaders lording it up."

A genuine conversation. Not the first time they've bonded over the fake war they think is currently in Ukraine either.

Two clowns.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I work with two people who just had the following conversation about some story that appeared on Sky News about Ukraine. 

A genuine conversation. Not the first time they've bonded over the fake war they think is currently in Ukraine either.

Two clowns.

To be fair to them, none of them cared about the war, or Ukraine either, for the past 8 years, until Putin and his regime lost their marbles in February. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 10:38am

I work with two people who just had the following conversation about some story that appeared on Sky News about Ukraine. A power station being attacked or taken over, not quite sure which. 

Girl: "I know, would they ever just get on with it and stop whining, we all have lives to live"

Two clowns.

I wonder if they read back over what they said as hightlighted here would they realise how ridiculous it looks....On second thoughts, probably not

Edited by thebronze14 - 10 Dec 2022 at 10:38am
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 10:55am
According to the Nato/tory/bootlickers whatever,  is Putin not meant to be gone by now
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 9:16am
Video going around showing the aftermath of a Ukrainian strike on a Russian barrack's in occupied Melitopol. Absolute carnage. Some indications it's a Turkish missile with a longer range then HIMARS.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Video going around showing the aftermath of a Ukrainian strike on a Russian barrack's in occupied Melitopol. Absolute carnage. Some indications it's a Turkish missile with a longer range then HIMARS.

I see russian telegram channels reporting kadyrov's nephew was killed in the attack.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 10:43am

Two clowns.

A mise mé féin of sorts. You'd think the polish fella would know better given his countries long volatile history with russia. At least his government can see the danger were ukraine to fall and are acting accordingly.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

According to the Nato/tory/bootlickers whatever,  is Putin not meant to be gone by now

* Insert Kevin Keegan meme *

I would love it if Ukraine beats you. Love it 
El Puto Amo
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 6:30am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I see russian telegram channels reporting kadyrov's nephew was killed in the attack.

I think that turned out false. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 11:40am

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I think that turned out false. 

ya seems to be the case. however if i was him i wouldn't be hanging around melitopol or the environs for much longer. according to military expert mike martin it is the next area most likeliest to be targeted by the ukrainians with a rapid offensive.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 12:27pm
Zelenski visiting both Bakhmut and Washington over two days was pretty cool. A far cry from Putin.

We're not far off January and the city doesn't look like it's close to falling. Personally I thought it would have by now so great to see. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 2:30pm
Russia now losing ground around the outskirts of Bakhmut after throwing everything at it for months. If they don't throw in their reserves they'll be in trouble. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 5:30pm
Another Russian critic mysteriously falls to his death this time in India 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 2:54am
I randomly came across this video. Fascinating and far too funny for the subject matter. An English lad that sounds like a famous ex footballer's experience signing up to the Ukrainian foreign legion 

It would damage this forums' reputation
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 12:51pm
Ukraine's military said 69 missiles were launched, with air defences intercepting 54 of them. And this is with more western air defense yet to be set up. All 16 fired at Kyiv shot down also. The total number fired down a lot compared to what Russia could launch previously. The airbase attacks taking their toll or Russia just getting low on stock's? 

The lack of successful hits, should Russia give up on country wide strikes and fire all 69 at one target like Kyiv instead? Hope to overwhelm the air defense..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm

Ukraine's military said 69 missiles were launched, with air defences intercepting 54 of them. And this is with more western air defense yet to be set up. All 16 fired at Kyiv shot down also. The total number fired down a lot compared to what Russia could launch previously. The airbase attacks taking their toll or Russia just getting low on stock's? 

The lack of successful hits, should Russia give up on country wide strikes and fire all 69 at one target like Kyiv instead? Hope to overwhelm the air defense..

Don't be giving postcode and his comrades any ideas. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 160>
  Share Topic