You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 191>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

An apartment block has been hit and damaged in the Ukrainian shelling of the Russian city of Belgorod, Mayor Anton Ivanov has said.

“Air defenses had to be activated today again. There’s damage to a building on Gubkina Street,” 

it wasn't a shell it was a missile. whether it was ukrainian or russian is hard to tell at this point. videos show fragments of a missile hitting the building. numerous russian air defence missiles have been filmed malfunctioning over the course of the war while another explanation could be that a ukrainian missile was intercepted with the debris hitting the apartment. 

either way its probably best not to believe russian claims aka propaganda Wink 

Can't trust that Russian propaganda. 

I'll stick to good oul Western propaganda. 

probably best to stick to the facts Wink
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 2:29pm

An apartment block has been hit and damaged in the Ukrainian shelling of the Russian city of Belgorod, Mayor Anton Ivanov has said.

“Air defenses had to be activated today again. There’s damage to a building on Gubkina Street,” 

it wasn't a shell it was a missile. whether it was ukrainian or russian is hard to tell at this point. videos show fragments of a missile hitting the building. numerous russian air defence missiles have been filmed malfunctioning over the course of the war while another explanation could be that a ukrainian missile was intercepted with the debris hitting the apartment. 

I love Western Facts

September Dossier
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 3:06pm

I love Western Facts

September Dossier

just facts mate, just facts Big smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 3:42pm

This October marks the 60th anniversary of the 'underwater' component of the Cuban Missile Crisis. It was an extraordinary episode that precipitated the infamous standoff between Moscow and Washington weeks later, and likewise brought the world to the brink of nuclear destruction. With frenzied Western accusations abounding that the Kremlin is preparing to use atomic weapons in the Ukraine conflict, and spirited denials emanating from the opposite direction, it’s never been more important to revisit the incident.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 4:01pm
There have not been any frontline changes for a few days now. Ukraine taking their time to consolidate their gains before staging the next attack. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 4:27pm

This October marks the 60th anniversary of the 'underwater' component of the Cuban Missile Crisis. It was an extraordinary episode that precipitated the infamous standoff between Moscow and Washington weeks later, and likewise brought the world to the brink of nuclear destruction. With frenzied Western accusations abounding that the Kremlin is preparing to use atomic weapons in the Ukraine conflict, and spirited denials emanating from the opposite direction, it’s never been more important to revisit the incident.

U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, speaking to reporters at NATO headquarters on Wednesday, said the United States was monitoring any indications of a worrying change in Russia's nuclear posture that would suggest Putin might move ahead with a nuclear strike.

"We've not seen any indicators at this point that would lead us to believe that," Austin said.

http://www.reuters.com/world/russian-nuclear-strike-would-almost-certainly-draw-physical-response-nato-2022-10-12/

i would hardly describe the above as "frenzied Western accusations". what i have seen is western leaders and officials say that russia would face dire consequences should it use a nuclear weapon in ukraine. it should be noted that they have refused to elaborate on what those consequences would be, its called strategic ambiguity - a way of preventing nuclear war. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 13 Oct 2022 at 4:28pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 5:02pm
I wonder are those the same type of spirited denials that Russia wheeled out about any plans to invade Ukraine in the weeks running up to them invading Ukraine
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I wonder are those the same type of spirited denials that Russia wheeled out about any plans to invade Ukraine in the weeks running up to them invading Ukraine
I think the main difference is we could see the Russian army gathering through satellites and they announced "drills". 

If satellites picked up changes at their nuclear launch sites and Russia announced "nuclear drills" I think there would be cause to worry.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I think the main difference is we could see the Russian army gathering through satellites and they announced "drills". 

If satellites picked up changes at their nuclear launch sites and Russia announced "nuclear drills" I think there would be cause to worry.
I know that…I was referencing B6’s unwavering belief of Russian lies.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 2:36pm

Ukraine is refusing to engage in peace talks, Russian President Vladimir Putin told journalists on Friday, when asked about possible negotiations to end the conflict between the two countries.

The Kiev government “had been saying that they wanted talks and ostensibly asked for them, but now they issued a formal decision that prohibits them,” he said during a press conference in Astana, Kazakhstan.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 4:14pm

Ukraine is refusing to engage in peace talks, Russian President Vladimir Putin told journalists on Friday, when asked about possible negotiations to end the conflict between the two countries.

The Kiev government “had been saying that they wanted talks and ostensibly asked for them, but now they issued a formal decision that prohibits them,” he said during a press conference in Astana, Kazakhstan.

OK, engage in peace talks then what?
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 7:40pm
Russia want peace talks to buy time and train more troops, aswell as stall Ukraine advances. 8 months on, there is zero chance of any agreement between the two countries. 

Kherson will be reclaimed by the end of the month, a major setback for Moscow.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Russia want peace talks to buy time and train more troops, aswell as stall Ukraine advances. 8 months on, there is zero chance of any agreement between the two countries. 

Kherson will be reclaimed by the end of the month, a major setback for Moscow.

It'll take years if not decades to rebuild the russian military. Last week they started wheeling out of storage T-62 tanks which require upgrades before being sent to Ukraine. The number after the T refers to the year the tank was developed! You think that's bad? The other day photos appeared of D-1 towed artillery being used by LNR militia... It entered service in 1943, production of this type of towed artillery piece stopped in 1949! 

As for kherson i read one military expert expecting the next russian collapse to come in a couple of weeks and while Kherson city might take awhile to take the Ukrainians will probably prefer to cut it off and force any remaining russians to surrender. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Oct 2022 at 9:32pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2022 at 10:48pm
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 8:31pm

11 dead in ‘terrorist act’ at Russian training range – MoD

Two terrorists have been killed on the spot with retaliation fire, the military said

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 10:02am

British rock star Roger Waters, a co-founder of Pink Floyd, has allegedly been placed on a Ukrainian “kill list” after speaking out against Western military meddling and calling on Kiev to make peace with Russia.

In an interview with Rolling Stone published on Tuesday, the 79-year-old pushed back against accusations that he’s been repeating Russian talking points about the conflict in Ukraine. “Don’t forget, I’m on a kill list that is supported by the Ukrainian government. I’m on the fu**ing list, and they’ve killed people recently… When they kill you, they write ‘liquidated’ across your picture. Well, I’m one of those fu**ing pictures.”

Waters gave the example of Darya Dugina, the Russian journalist murdered in August after appearing on the Ukrainian Mirotvorets list. As the musician noted, her entry on the list was marked “liquidated” after she was killed in a car-bombing. Others who have questioned or criticized the Kiev regime, such as photojournalists Andrea Rocchelli of Italy and Andrei Stenin of Russia, have also been killed after appearing on the Mirotvorets list. The site lists personal information on its blacklist targets, which also include politicians and NGO activists. 

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 11:19am
I am going to make a wild prediction that Roger Waters won't be killed by Ukraine.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I am going to make a wild prediction that Roger Waters won't be killed by Ukraine.

LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 191>
  Share Topic