You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 195>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 3:54pm
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 8:22am
Putin massively upping the antie this morning. 300k reserves called up to the army 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:09am
And tough laws for those who don't fight i.e. bullet to the head.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:33am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Putin massively upping the antie this morning. 300k reserves called up to the army 

Getting scary now.

Its a huge gamble. Civilians come back in coffins and his popularity will turn sour. He wins and he's a hero.

We need sensible diplomacy. This Big Man crap on either side is disastrous. 

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:50am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Getting scary now.

Its a huge gamble. Civilians come back in coffins and his popularity will turn sour. He wins and he's a hero.

Couldn't agree more. It wont end well. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:51am
How can you honestly have sensible diplomacy with someone who never uphold their side of the bargain? Who continuoulsy and systemically lie? And thereaten the world with nuclear weapons?

Honestly. I don't know how you're meant to be able to negotiate with that.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

How can you honestly have sensible diplomacy with someone who never uphold their side of the bargain? Who continuoulsy and systemically lie? And thereaten the world with nuclear weapons?

I don't believe either side has a good track reckon of upholding their sides of the bargain. 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 11:26am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

This bogey man stuff don't help. Zelensky is no angel. Obviously Putin is beyond wreckless. 

We edge closer to nuclear war.

Scary
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 11:36am
So England decides to invade the 26 counties tomorrow, you suggest we should negotiate with them? We’ll give them some, just not to escalate things. We can definitely trust them then. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 11:44am
Think the 4 forthcoming referenda (assuming he gets the right result) puts the ball back into Ukraine/NATOs court. I think Putins gambling that the Ukraine forces won't drive into the post referenda annexed regions, if so he'll say that this is an attack on Russian land and will escalate this from a special military operation to a patriotic war defending the motherland. He knows the weather is about to change and things will quite down a bit in winter, and he can then claim to have liberated the Russian enclaves in Ukraine, and proclaim this as a win.The mobilisation is part of the gamble. How NATO responds after the referenda is the unknown, and more to the point how will Ukraine react to NATOs position. Getting worrying now.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 11:55am
I think they'll react by arming them further. The lend lease with America starts in 10 days. It will be interesting to see what they announce. Realistically the Ukrainians will be able to liberate Kherson city and part's of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts in the coming months. So it won't take long to see what his reaction is to "Russia" getting invaded. 

I think it will be business as usual but after suffering massive losses this move was necessary as he couldn't replace the massive number of dead and injured soldier's. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 12:01pm
All plane tickets from Russia to visa-free countries are sold out, @ru_rbc reports. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 12:54pm
Armenia, Kazakhstan and Vietnam have stopped accepting the Mir payment system. Russia isolation is escalating. 

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm

Edited by B6 6HE - 21 Sep 2022 at 1:54pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 9:10pm
Over a thousand arrested in Moscow protests. 

Why didn't they care enough to protest last week before forced mobilisation? 

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Getting scary now.

Couldn't agree more. It wont end well. 

do you honestly think it will end well if the west rolled over and let putin take ukraine? pay attention, he wants to recreate a new russian empire which incorporates ukraine, the baltics, poland, georgia etc. etc. they've been banging on about it on russian state tv for months!

i can't believe this needs to be repeated, the ukrainians are fighting for all of us. the defeat of the russian army in ukraine will ensure europeans can live in peace for another half century at least. roll over to a bully and he'll maul you!

...just because we're on the western fringes of europe doesn't insulate us from the fallout of a russian victory in ukraine.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Think the 4 forthcoming referenda (assuming he gets the right result) puts the ball back into Ukraine/NATOs court. I think Putins gambling that the Ukraine forces won't drive into the post referenda annexed regions, if so he'll say that this is an attack on Russian land and will escalate this from a special military operation to a patriotic war defending the motherland. He knows the weather is about to change and things will quite down a bit in winter, and he can then claim to have liberated the Russian enclaves in Ukraine, and proclaim this as a win.The mobilisation is part of the gamble. How NATO responds after the referenda is the unknown, and more to the point how will Ukraine react to NATOs position. Getting worrying now.

the ukrainians have been striking crimea (a legal part of the russian federation according to the russians) and other parts of the russian federation for months. it would be hard for him to regard an attack on the newly aquired territories as escalation.

as for the weather well......if last february is anything to go by the russian troops are in for a horrendous winter. they are poorly equipped with inadequate winter gear which will lead to many dying from exposure or if they're lucky frostbite (as was seen around kyiv at the start of the war). meanwhile the ukrainians are kitted to the nines which makes a big difference to morale. claiming the new territories means jot to anyone outside of his regime however the bad weather is still over a month away...a lot could happen between now and then.

as for the conscripts, canon fodder. having said that don't be surprised if you see the ukrainians launch another rapid counteroffensive in the next few weeks as hinted in my previous point. getting to the dnieper river could be war ending and it would happen long before the bulk of the new conscripts enter the fray.

given the statements made by the leaders of nato countries today it appears nobody is paying heed to putins intention to carry out referenda or threats of nuclear attack. doing so all along is what has got us into this mess in the first place.

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Sep 2022 at 12:33am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:44am
Thamks for that....we'll  see how it pans out....my hunch is it'll end  internally in Russia 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 195>
  Share Topic