You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 180>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 1:23am
I can't wrap my head around this. Russia has a demographics crisis and are literally sending tens of thousands of young men to their deaths. That's without counting the thousands of young people who have fled since this all began. 

But in terms of the actual conflict, considering their gains are small and losses significant, how the hell is this any way sustainable? How is it even still happening? It's hard to fathom. And at what stage would it be expected to see the results of the heavy weaponry they've received?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 3:05am
Russian excess deaths during covid were about 1 million as well MM.

But that's the very reason why they invaded according to Peter Zeihan who has written a few books on this type of topic, he predicted they would invade Ukraine as the population is shrinking so much that if they delayed it by much longer they wouldn't have enough men in the army to do it. That was to take Ukraine and the baltic states and more. As we can all see that was utterly fanciful thinking. 

I'd previously posted up an interview with him around page 30 in here. Well worth watching.  

I'm not saying I believe in all of this but it's interesting to have different perspectives. 

Edited by Artie Ziff - 30 Apr 2022 at 4:15am
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 1:08pm
Zelensky? True politician or Actor playing role of politician in war torn country.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 1:30am
Option B. 
He is also a lizard
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

But that's the very reason why they invaded according to Peter Zeihan who has written a few books on this type of topic, he predicted they would invade Ukraine as the population is shrinking so much that if they delayed it by much longer they wouldn't have enough men in the army to do it. That was to take Ukraine and the baltic states and more. As we can all see that was utterly fanciful thinking. 

I'd previously posted up an interview with him around page 30 in here. Well worth watching.  

I'm not saying I believe in all of this but it's interesting to have different perspectives. 
their aging population issue is well known. its the same in western europe where by 2050 one in three people will be over 65 compared to just one in twenty in africa. china has a massive problem as well...they over counted the population by 100 million in the last census. this means the population will halve not by the end of the century as previously thought but by 2050.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 1:52am
russian major general andrey simonov reportedly killed by a ukrainian artillery strike this morning. he was in the izyum area where it seems the russian advance has stalled or close to stalling.

a little further north the ukrainians took back 5 towns/villages to the north and east of kharkiv since yesterday. they are pushing the russians back closer to their own border...if the ukrainians keep advancing then soon artillery will be in range of targets within russia and putting into range the major supply route from belgorod to donbas which feeds the russian forces in the northern part of the donbas.

Edited by colemanY2K - 01 May 2022 at 2:06am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 7:30am
Excellent. Hopefully this continues. If they weaken them enough in the east and Putin insists they continue the invasion they may have to pull out of Kherson and move those troops to the East. 

The Russian soldier's must be getting sick of the sight of Ukraine at this stage. I don't think they'll fancy another few months there. 

How can the Ukrainians hold back the Russians+ separatists but couldn't regain control of Luhansk and Donetsk before the war started?

Edited by eireland - 01 May 2022 at 7:31am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 11:14am
Has to be down to the amount of weapons being pumped into Ukraine since Putin invaded. Also the full scale invasion has weakened Russia and this has emboldened the Ukraine forces. Now that they’re in the war they know they have the ability to go at them. Maybe the fear factor is gone and losing isn’t an option. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

russian major general andrey simonov reportedly killed by a ukrainian artillery strike this morning. he was in the izyum area where it seems the russian advance has stalled or close to stalling.

a little further north the ukrainians took back 5 towns/villages to the north and east of kharkiv since yesterday. they are pushing the russians back closer to their own border...if the ukrainians keep advancing then soon artillery will be in range of targets within russia and putting into range the major supply route from belgorod to donbas which feeds the russian forces in the northern part of the donbas.
http://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1520765814781186049

holy f**k! turns out the ukrainians received intelligence general gerasimov, the chief of the general staff of the russian armed forces and first deputy defence minister, was present. reports he is injured, you'd wonder if true what shape he is in. 

UPDATE: US intelligence saying Gerasimov had left the command post when the artillery strike hit. Seems the ukrainians just missed him. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 May 2022 at 8:18am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 8:33am

Yesterday russian state TV showed Ireland and incidentally Britain who are the subject of the rant getting obliterated by an enormous undersea nuke detonated off the north west of Ireland. Looks like MayoMark is currently situated where ground zero would be Shocked

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 May 2022 at 8:34am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 9:39am
I always said we have a great quality of life down here but the Russians are going to me a **** of me now  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I always said we have a great quality of life down here but the Russians are going to me a **** of me now  

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

their aging population issue is well known. its the same in western europe where by 2050 one in three people will be over 65 compared to just one in twenty in africa. china has a massive problem as well...they over counted the population by 100 million in the last census. this means the population will halve not by the end of the century as previously thought but by 2050.

Yeah he has mentioned the China population issue - which if it happened would destroy their economy and they'd have some amount of empty housing. 

But can't a lot of these issues be solved with immigration? 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 12:28pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:59pm
Todays update from the Uk defence intelligence

http://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1522082810718302210
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Todays update from the Uk defence intelligence

http://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1522082810718302210

don't think the ukrainians are overly worried about belarus. lukashenko today called for an end to the war which says it all really.

meanwhile ukraine's counteroffensive east of kharkiv has driven the russians about 40km from the city reducing the artillery strikes on the city significantly. they also said this morning that they have started a second counteroffinsive in the donbas near izyum. looks like they want to piss all over putins 9th of may party.

a great thread here detailing the latest situation: http://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1522202434692870144
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 4:33am
Most Russian forces leaving Mariupol and heading north. About 2 battalion tactical groups left. Is that enough to contain the Ukrainians? Maybe they plan to continuously bomb it to bits so nobody in the steel plant can move. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 11:53am
looks like the ukrainians have taken out another russian ship. lots of rumours that the admiral makarov was hit and possibly sunk by a ukrainian anti-ship-missile in the black sea last night. 

this would be even more impressive than the sinking of the moskva as the makarov is a state of the art frigate which entered service just 5 or so years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 180>
  Share Topic