You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 189>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But even if you were to humour the lab theory in any way  (which is reported as having no smoking gun), there is zero link, evidence or otherwise to Ukraine being involved. So that link has zero logic behind it. Therefore, it logically is not relevant to the invasion, and is just more Russian disinformation, which is being glombed onto by Trump type Republicans, for partisan purposes.  

Watch Robert Redfield yesterday on Capitol Hill. It came from lab. 
The link is that if they lied about gain of function in this lab, how can you believe them about the Ukraine labs?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The link is that if they lied about gain of function in this lab, how can you believe them about the Ukraine labs?

Simple, it reads to me like 1+1 = 3. The Ukrainian link is typical conspiracy theory.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:20pm

Simple, it reads to me like 1+1 = 3. The Ukrainian link is typical conspiracy theory.

Did you watch the Redfield clip?
The Energy Department have changed their mind and say lab leak.
FBI say lab leak.
You think a bat flew from a cave and happened to release it beside said lab and that'a all coincidence?

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:22pm

Did you watch the Redfield clip?
The Energy Department have changed their mind and say lab leak.
FBI say lab leak.
You think a bat flew from a cave and happened to release it beside said lab and that'a all coincidence?

My point is that its irrelevant to Ukraine. Unless you want to make a link that doesn't exist, and predicate it one 'trust.'
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Its more than a fair assumption that bio-labs exist for legitimate and reasonable purposes including scientific research. The fact that they exist does not lead to any reasonable legitimacy of the claim that they would be used for warfare. 

And from what I can read, the claims about US-Ukraine collusion are gathering steam around the Trump-type conservatives in the US. It is a casserole of conspiracies.

The language is important. Bio labs does not mean bio weapons.
But then Wuhan happened and the USA went to great lengths to cover it up.
Is gain of function essentially creating a bio weapon? Is it bio defence? Or is it, as they will say, to help with future pandemics? 
The latter holds no water seen as tough it actually caused the pandemic.  

Former CDC directory Robert Redfield was quite clear on this only yesterday.

Trump, when president, was one of the vocal ones saying it came from the lab (with no proof).
China were the ones who delayed the inspection.
Yet the US were the ones covering it up?????

Did you watch the clip above? (Twitter one)

No - because anybody who preaches that Tucker Carlson is a somehow credible or reliable source of information is not worth any of my time. 

Wait, you won't watch the clip because it is Fox News?
It's the former CDC Director talking at a hearing in Capitol Hill yesterday. The full video is available everywhere. Fox was the first one that came up on Twitter.
Fauci covered up leak, gave two doctors 9 million in funding to change their stories. 
This is all fact. Watch it

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64891745

Report says that he claims he was sidelined due to his views - Others says that's not the case.
He said, she said  - Nothing conclusive there.
He is on record for a number of years saying he thought it was a lab leak - There is no proof of that, it's a theory. 

So, nothing in that report that would change anyone's mind. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:33pm

Its more than a fair assumption that bio-labs exist for legitimate and reasonable purposes including scientific research. The fact that they exist does not lead to any reasonable legitimacy of the claim that they would be used for warfare. 

And from what I can read, the claims about US-Ukraine collusion are gathering steam around the Trump-type conservatives in the US. It is a casserole of conspiracies.

The language is important. Bio labs does not mean bio weapons.
But then Wuhan happened and the USA went to great lengths to cover it up.
Is gain of function essentially creating a bio weapon? Is it bio defence? Or is it, as they will say, to help with future pandemics? 
The latter holds no water seen as tough it actually caused the pandemic.  

Former CDC directory Robert Redfield was quite clear on this only yesterday.

Trump, when president, was one of the vocal ones saying it came from the lab (with no proof).
China were the ones who delayed the inspection.
Yet the US were the ones covering it up?????

Did you watch the clip above? (Twitter one)

No - because anybody who preaches that Tucker Carlson is a somehow credible or reliable source of information is not worth any of my time. 

Wait, you won't watch the clip because it is Fox News?
It's the former CDC Director talking at a hearing in Capitol Hill yesterday. The full video is available everywhere. Fox was the first one that came up on Twitter.
Fauci covered up leak, gave two doctors 9 million in funding to change their stories. 
This is all fact. Watch it

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64891745

Report says that he claims he was sidelined due to his views - Others says that's not the case.
He said, she said  - Nothing conclusive there.
He is on record for a number of years saying he thought it was a lab leak - There is no proof of that, it's a theory. 

So, nothing in that report that would change anyone's mind. 

Not being smart, but have you watched whole video? Or just read Beeb report?

In emails to Fauci, four scientists said it was impossible that it jumped from animal to human. They changed their minds within three days. All were granted 9million in funding by Fauci. The receipts are there.

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Strange that if any of these things were true then Putin has chosen not to share that information which would lend some minor level of credibility to his invasion and has, instead, chosen to look like a bit of a madman. 

What information? The Bio labs?
That has been well reported

Jesus Christ LOL

Gerk you need someone monitoring your feed.

Explain please? And try stick with grown up debate.

Debating lunacy is futile. Not engaging with mental conspiracies is the way forward.

But this time and this time only I will - literally 1 second of googling "Ukraine bio labs" brings up a whole heap of articles citing this as a conspiracy theory that was created by the far right. Why would you not accept that "bio labs in Ukraine" is lunacy and question everything that is being directed your way? Does that not show up for you when you google "Ukraine Bio Labs"? 

I have a few friends who feel like their smarter than everyone else - they now challenge even the most basic of facts and I've learnt that cutting them out is the only way I can continue being sane. 

Google isn't a source of truth. You can pay to have your page, article as the top result FFS. As well as that it filters/censored results. 

I tested your search of Ukraine Bio Labs with a different search engine (Duckduckgo) that doesn't filter results as much as Google and got plenty of information. Apparently the US confirmed Bio labs in Ukraine. These two links were in the top results.

These articles might but wrong but I am just trying to make a point that your entire source of truth shouldn't be Google. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:46pm
In a recent article in the Morning Star.

'The hysterical Russophobia being whipped up by the political classes and corporate media could propel Britain into a Third World War.'

Give me a break.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:48pm

'The hysterical Russophobia being whipped up by the political classes and corporate media could propel Britain into a Third World War.'

Give me a break.

You missed my point entirely...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

No I didnt. I'm just pointing out that what your search engine returned is one of the most partisan publications in the UK
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:57pm

No I didnt. I'm just pointing out that what your search engine returned is one of the most partisan publications in the UK

First of all, its not my search engine, its a commonly used search engine, used by those that want to avoid the tracking and personalised ads / search results from Google. Its not a propaganda machine it just helps with privacy. 
Secondly, I didn't even open the links I was making the point that Google filtered out certain results. If I had of wanted to perhaps I could of found a source that suited your criteria, but that wasn't my objective. 
Thirdly, you define it as partisan because it seems to strongly support Russia? Then I could describe BBC etc as partisan as well for their support of USA Ukraine. So, I don't see your point? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 4:00pm
I never called it a propaganda machine at all. I took issue with its return. I just said I didn’t miss your point, and know what you were saying, which in itself is fair enough.

But maybe take a look at the history of the Morning Star and where it came from. That’s why I call it partisan.

Edited by Het-field - 09 Mar 2023 at 4:00pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 11:35pm

The level of denial is amazing. 

There is no way that Ukraine can achieve a military victory. 

And yet the West insists on UA fighting on until the last Ukrainian.

Look at the analysis from 6 months ago....Russian were supposed to be collapsing!! It was all a lie.

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 12:34am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Look at the analysis from 6 months ago....Russian were supposed to be collapsing!! It was all a lie.

A bit like the GFA, victory can be suitably defined and redefined depending on how the settlement comes about. I agree Ukraine cannot win militarily, neither can Russia, though you could fairly argue the Russians more or less have what they want at this point in time. Western aid is largely designed to keep Ukraine above water rather than giving the ability to steamroll their way to Crimea. I suspect at some point the west will subtley persuade Ukraine to look towards a settlement of sorts.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 4:51am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

The West can insist all they like but in the end it's Ukraines choice. If Ukraine decide to fight on and the west doesn't support them more Ukrainians will die as a result. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 7:11am

Give me a break.

This is probably better suited to your point
Journalist on the Twitter Files hearing in America.

"Twitter, Facebook, Google, and other companies developed a formal system for taking in moderation requests from every corner of government, from the FBI, DHS, HHS, DOD, the Global Engagement Center at State, even the CIA.  For every government agency scanning Twitter, there were perhaps twenty quasi-private entities doing the same thing."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 7:41am
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

A bit like the GFA, victory can be suitably defined and redefined depending on how the settlement comes about. I agree Ukraine cannot win militarily, neither can Russia, though you could fairly argue the Russians more or less have what they want at this point in time. Western aid is largely designed to keep Ukraine above water rather than giving the ability to steamroll their way to Crimea. I suspect at some point the west will subtley persuade Ukraine to look towards a settlement of sorts.

I dont think you can, to be honest. Through their invasion, Ukraine has been pushed further towards NATO, and the EU, and nobody recognises the referenda in Donbas as legitimate.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 9:18am
Ended up watching a Late Late Show interview from 2005/2006 with George Galloway. He has little difficulty handling Eamonn Delaney in debate over Iraq, but its the comments he makes in the interview that are interesting. He vehemently criticises invasion of other countries, and decrying Irish people who would cheerlead invasion, and compared the West in Iraq to previous invaders. He asked the rhetorical question, 'why do you concentrate on the small tyrant, rather than the big tyrant?'

To me, this just hammers home the mental gymnastics necessary to conclude that America is the big tyrant here, when the invaded nobody. The big tyrant in this situation is Russia. But that doesn't suit their world view, so they need to rope in NATO (and then the USA) to avoid making the uncomfortable conclusion (in their eyes), that the counterweight they prefer (in a relative sense), is the big tyrant. And funny enough, many of the usual suspect have little difficulty criticising Zelensky, corruption in Ukraine etc. So they also focus on the 'small tyrant (as they see it)'. Last year some of these people would give mealy mouthed condemnations of Putin, many of them won't even do that anymore.

A small demonstration took place under the Spire in Dublin a few weeks ago. The criticisms were of NATO, Zelensky, America, Ireland, and Britain, with cheap applause available for anybody who bellowed 'Free Assange'. But noticeable, was the virtual absence of criticism of Russia, Russian Imperialism, Putin, Lavrov, or any of the fellow travellers. By shifting the goalposts sufficiently, they create a war between the USA and Russia, which doest exist. And of course, they just default to the old trope 'America is bad.' Its their warped moral justification for Russian invasion of a sovereign state. Its a comfortable refuge for the ideologue and the simpleton.

Edited by Het-field - 10 Mar 2023 at 9:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 189>
  Share Topic