You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 160>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine
    Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:12pm
Putin warns West of 'military measures' over Ukraine (rte.ie)

Putin warns West of 'military measures' over Ukraine threats

Lads anybody following this sh*t? I mean forget about Covid, Brexit Climate Change etc if this hassle really kicked off I dread to think what could happen in the new yearDisapprove

Edited by nvidic - 04 Mar 2022 at 6:17pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Putin warns West of 'military measures' over Ukraine (rte.ie)

Putin warns West of 'military measures' over Ukraine threats

Lads anybody following this sh*t? I mean forget about Covid, Brexit Climate Change etc if this hassle really kicked off I dread to think what could happen in the new yearDisapprove

Humnanity reached its peak and has been on a decline for a while now.

The planet is f**ked
There's a virus everywhere
We have Bond villains in charge of Superpower countries
We have people who think a major pandemic is a hoax and also believe the Earth is flat
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:49pm
Is it time for a YBIG-style panic?
Is there anything to be said for another mass?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:40pm
As long as it’s over by June and Ukraine win. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 9:48pm
The world is f**ked. Why can’t we all just get along?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 7:37am
Russian TV is talking about nuclear weapons being used on western countries if they intervene. The message is also that Putin has never accepted the outcome of the Cold War and Ukraine is just the start of his plans. Obviously partly propaganda but it is not all hot air either. If this kicks off and the EU are anti Russian on it then we can say goodbye to our foreign gas supplies!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 8:48am
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Russian TV is talking about nuclear weapons being used on western countries if they intervene. The message is also that Putin has never accepted the outcome of the Cold War and Ukraine is just the start of his plans. Obviously partly propaganda but it is not all hot air either. If this kicks off and the EU are anti Russian on it then we can say goodbye to our foreign gas supplies!

There's certainly alot more to come from this. Can't blame the Russians, they took over crimea handy enough so can't see why they wouldn't keep pushing their luck. They'll take over the rest of the Ukraine while the west just sit back and look. 

You're right, I don't think it's all hot air either
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

As long as it’s over by June and Ukraine win. 

If it happens (which experts say is now highly likely) it could be over in days. The firepower the Russians are amassing to the North, East and South of Ukraine would make short work of the Ukrainian defences in no time. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Dec 2021 at 8:56am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 9:05am
Ireland is seen as a major weak point in Europe's western flank. Its probably part of reason why the Irish government has an agreement in place with the UK which allows the RAF to provide us with air defence. 

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ireland is seen as a major weak point in Europe's western flank. Its probably part of reason why the Irish government has an agreement in place with the UK which allows the RAF to provide us with air defence. 

Being neutral would do that alright. All the better for it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

There's certainly alot more to come from this. Can't blame the Russians, they took over crimea handy enough so can't see why they wouldn't keep pushing their luck. They'll take over the rest of the Ukraine while the west just sit back and look. 

You're right, I don't think it's all hot air either

If we just allow them to annex the Sudetenland we will have peace in our time

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 12:10pm
Need Rocky to fight in Moscow this Christmas and end this conflict

On a side note a mate of mine who is about 15 yrs older than me said he saw Rocky IV in Dublin in the cinema when it was released (think it was the Adelphi in Middle Abbey Street) and when Rocky made his speech at the end there was a round of applause in the cinemaLOL

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

On a side note a mate of mine who is about 15 yrs older than me said he saw Rocky IV in Dublin in the cinema when it was released (think it was the Adelphi in Middle Abbey Street) and when Rocky made his speech at the end there was a round of applause in the cinemaLOL

I saw this as a kid in the Ambassador. I can confirm that it got a standing ovation. Great movie
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 3:01pm
Russia sells it's gas to Europe. Be grand.

Russia always uses Kosovo as an example. Why can they leave Serbia but Crimea can't leave Ukraine? 

Bosnia is the one to watch. It's going to kick off there any day.

Edited by Jackal - 22 Dec 2021 at 3:02pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Being neutral would do that alright. All the better for it
Yeah that worked out well for Denmark 80 odd years ago.

Finland is neutral as well, it hasn't stopped them purchasing 64 F-35 fighter jets recently. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Dec 2021 at 5:22pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I saw this as a kid in the Ambassador. I can confirm that it got a standing ovation. Great movie

Were you not in Rocky's corner in Moscow that night?

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:45pm

Were you not in Rocky's corner in Moscow that night?

Not for that one. It clashed with youth club night.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:29am

Yep, when I saw it in the Ambassador you literally had a cinema full of 13/14 year old lads standing on the seats chanting "ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!" at the end. And I must admit I was party to that chanting. Simpler times
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 160>
  Share Topic