You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 180>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Is it? It’s a compendium of nations offering military assistance against Russia. Are all the nations assisting Ukraine on an empire-based enterprise?

I wouldnt think so no. But the largest contributor I would say some form for it. In this case because prior involvement in tryong to steer the allegiance in Ukraine, I would say there is  mindset by atleast some in the US that can be seen as empire building
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 1:25pm
Is it? It’s a compendium of nations offering military assistance against Russia. Are all the nations assisting Ukraine on an empire-based enterprise?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

We are all going old ground and We wont agree. 2 narratives at play here and beliefs in one or the other. As will all these things the truth probably lies in the middle somewhere. 2 empires at war

“2 empires at war” is narrative which you decry.

How isnt it though? We can both agree of Ukraines dependancy on US " aid". We can both agree Us carry on like an empire.

Sure, but assisting a nation under attack is not an empire at play. No more than any other country assisting the resistance efforts. Like I said before, Syria is a better example. Russia-Ukraine is not a proxy war.

There is 2 empires involved in this war. Justify it however you want. So as I said. 2 empires at war

Taking your point at face value one empire (in conjunction with a number of other countries) is assisting a smaller nation from invasion. This invasion, the belligerent, is Russia, who are also responsible for plenty of empire-esque activity. So there is one empire that is directly involved and responsible for the crisis. 

What if We consider ones empires outside involvement in attempting to steer the democratic process in Ukraine towards it. 2004, 2014. Does that not further involve that empire?

What was occurring in the region was not ‘steering’ the democratic process. Votes still have free will. And I find it frustrating that you cannot get over the idea that the Euromaidan was Ukrainian inspired (and it appears based on one article about CIA intelligence.

I shared a transcript yesterday showing politcal discussion by infuelncial US characters. I am not blaming the US for steering them towards them I am just saying they dont have a clean bib in Ukranian affairs.
There is more to share such as articles about agent provocateurs invloved in gun fire but Im steering away from them because like the pipeline and the terrorst attack in the moscow hall. No one really knows cos they could be secret missions ans the truth will be very hard to ever find out.

But how does their bib (clean or otherwise) play into the invasion by Russia? I think that is fundamentally the point we’ve gone round in circles on.

I have to agreeLOL

It was making the point of 2 complicit empires... but lets leave it

Fair enough. But where does the majority of complicity lie. And I mean the vast majority in this case?

Russia, but complicity is still complicity. There is 2 empires duking it out
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:53pm

We are all going old ground and We wont agree. 2 narratives at play here and beliefs in one or the other. As will all these things the truth probably lies in the middle somewhere. 2 empires at war

How isnt it though? We can both agree of Ukraines dependancy on US " aid". We can both agree Us carry on like an empire.

Sure, but assisting a nation under attack is not an empire at play. No more than any other country assisting the resistance efforts. Like I said before, Syria is a better example. Russia-Ukraine is not a proxy war.

There is 2 empires involved in this war. Justify it however you want. So as I said. 2 empires at war

Taking your point at face value one empire (in conjunction with a number of other countries) is assisting a smaller nation from invasion. This invasion, the belligerent, is Russia, who are also responsible for plenty of empire-esque activity. So there is one empire that is directly involved and responsible for the crisis. 

What if We consider ones empires outside involvement in attempting to steer the democratic process in Ukraine towards it. 2004, 2014. Does that not further involve that empire?

What was occurring in the region was not ‘steering’ the democratic process. Votes still have free will. And I find it frustrating that you cannot get over the idea that the Euromaidan was Ukrainian inspired (and it appears based on one article about CIA intelligence.

I shared a transcript yesterday showing politcal discussion by infuelncial US characters. I am not blaming the US for steering them towards them I am just saying they dont have a clean bib in Ukranian affairs.
There is more to share such as articles about agent provocateurs invloved in gun fire but Im steering away from them because like the pipeline and the terrorst attack in the moscow hall. No one really knows cos they could be secret missions ans the truth will be very hard to ever find out.

But how does their bib (clean or otherwise) play into the invasion by Russia? I think that is fundamentally the point we’ve gone round in circles on.

I have to agreeLOL

Fair enough. But where does the majority of complicity lie. And I mean the vast majority in this case?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:41pm

I have to agreeLOL

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:38pm

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:32pm

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:21pm
Morning any news on the front lines 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:15pm

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 12:13pm

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:57am

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:51am

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:50am

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:48am

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:43am

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:41am
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:39am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

Well done again on not answering the question(s). Ooh Aah has on multiple occasions asked you what are the simple solutions / terms for peace. bullet point form will do please. 
Solutions for peace are a waste of paper when the invading force is still hell bent on gaining more land. He has another 2 year's until his stock piles of tanks/APV's run out and he has no shortage of cannon fodder to use them. He's dropping 100 FAB 250-1500 bombs a day unopposed. Until Putin feels he can't gain ground he won't stop. The only solution right now for peace in Ukraine is giving them the fire power to defend themselves.

But whats to say Russia cant build and arent building more. The demise of the russian army in the condlict has been predicted since day 1, 3months, 6 months.... 2 years later.....
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 11:34am

Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

USA invaded Iraq and Afghanistan without justification only myths they propagated to the public saying they have weapons of mass destruction. 
Russia invaded Ukraine because of geocide been continually carried out by Ukraine on its people in Eastern Ukraine and South Western Ukraine along with the advancement of NATO eastwards. Russia has justification for conflict. 
If Russia was to withdraw now, from southern and eastern Ukraine, the ethnic Russians left behind would be massacred again by Ukraine. If Ukraine were to concede defeat then the opposite of above would happen and Putin is on record of saying that. That's why I think you're hypothetically speaking through your hole with the comparison!

God you like slurping the propaganda.
It's what a rat licker does. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 180>
  Share Topic