You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 44>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Ukraine home is killing options for this trip, I’ve a good route back to Shannon straight after the game so that’s sorted, but I’d want to be getting there at a reasonable time Sunday then, which is impossible if I go to Ukraine at home

Is that route back Yerevan - Vilnius , Vilnius - Stansted , Stansted - Shannon? Price is very tempting but 00.05 flight to Vilnius very tight if game kicks off at 9pm local time. 
I think it's an 8pm ko local time but even then you would never make that midnight flight - when you factor in the time it takes to get from the stadium back to the hotel in town to collect your belongings and then get to the airport and then through security, passport control etc. I'd forget about that itinerary if I were you tbh. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Ukraine home is killing options for this trip, I’ve a good route back to Shannon straight after the game so that’s sorted, but I’d want to be getting there at a reasonable time Sunday then, which is impossible if I go to Ukraine at home

Is that route back Yerevan - Vilnius , Vilnius - Stansted , Stansted - Shannon? Price is very tempting but 00.05 flight to Vilnius very tight if game kicks off at 9pm local time. 
I think it's an 8pm ko local time but even then you would never make that midnight flight - when you factor in the time it takes to get from the stadium back to the hotel in town to collect your belongings and then get to the airport and then through security, passport control etc. I'd forget about that itinerary if I were you tbh. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Jan 2022 at 5:20pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 6:15pm

Game kicks off at 8.00, finished 9.45-10.00, google maps says 27 minute walk from stadium to hotel I’m in so would be doable in 15, 15 minute drive from there, latest I see myself being in airport is 11.00 which should be enough time to get through security there, but I will look more into it before booking anything and wait and see if any other routes pop up. 

Really tight with holidays for this one which is the only reason I’m looking into it, would be back wfh for a half day on the Wednesday. Also Wizz air could easily change the time and date of that route, although they already have once. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 6:51pm
Was there just before the pandemic, got to the terminal an hour beforehand and was okay. Make sure you get dropped at the right terminal, we weren't and had to wait for a bus. 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:27pm
cracking route home that, tough graft but great for people tight on time  Clap
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:36pm
It would have been ideal if the Armenia & Ukraine games were consecutive 3/4 days apart as it's taking an awful chunk of annual leave Unhappy

I'm considering flying back on the Wednesday to save two days and work them but I think it's way way too tight to be flying home 2/3 hours after the game has ended. There's no comfort in that and it's a fair distance away too. 

Anyone working Monday-Friday really needs to take at least 3 days off for this match. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 9:48pm
Six months notice , Scotland the other away,  not ideal  especially with the schedule but  6 days AL to cover both games not the end of the world .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:51am
The Monday of this week is a bank holiday so that'll save a day of annual leave

Edited by keano10 - 16 Jan 2022 at 6:51am
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 3:35pm
Has anyone booked accommodation yet or know what general areas of the city would be best to book for the usual reasons - Location, proximity to decent eateries and watering holes, the stadium etc etc?
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Has anyone booked accommodation yet or know what general areas of the city would be best to book for the usual reasons - Location, proximity to decent eateries and watering holes, the stadium etc etc?

I have the Nova Hotel Yerevan booked. Seems central enough 

just hit the fecking thing
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 4:35pm
Any where near Republic square.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:11am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Any where near Republic square.

Ah grand, have booked the unique hotel looks about 10 mins walk from Republic Square. The Stadium seems to be in a great location too for handiness of getting to and from!
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 10:24am
Booked the Bien hotel, a decent pool is surely a must with the weather we're likely to have over there, although it's a bit of a further walk down to the city
We're on the one road!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 12:44pm
Pool is essential. Booked the best western myself. For those that are fond of the water should look to do a trip to lake Sevan. I put it into the Yandex taxi app to see how much the fare would be and it was less than €12 for a 55 min drive to the lake.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 25 Jan 2022 at 12:44pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 7:14pm
Just booked the Comfort hotel. Had another place booked originally without a pool and a bit of a trek from Republic Square. Thanks for reminding me the pool is a must at that time of year
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:07pm
Booked this today. Dublin-Paris CDG-Yerevan. Anyone else on here doing this route?

Was going to do Warsaw but the layover was bothering some in our group

Edited by gmfc90 - 25 Jan 2022 at 11:08pm
Danger here, OH NO
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Booked this today. Dublin-Paris CDG-Yerevan. Anyone else on here doing this route?

Was going to do Warsaw but the layover was bothering some in our group

Yeah looking at this ourselves, nothing booked yet.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Pool is essential. Booked the best western myself. For those that are fond of the water should look to do a trip to lake Sevan. I put it into the Yandex taxi app to see how much the fare would be and it was less than €12 for a 55 min drive to the lake.

Good spot alright, so bring your togs. We were a little more adventurous the last time there and if you are staying a few days and want an overnight plus take in the countryside, head to Meghri. It's about 10k from Iran, but the countryside is spectacular. Go on the mountain roads in a local taxi or dodgey driver in the black leather jacket,  and you'll see Iran, or in our case went back roads to a village just inside their border.  Yerevan to Meghri takes about 7 hours  to get there on a bus or better still get a " masrukta".
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 44>
  Share Topic