You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 44>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 12:47pm
Going to Kiev on the Thurs before. Heading to Chernobyl hopefully the Sat. Flight to Yerevan on the Sunday. Back Wed with a long stopover in Warsaw
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Going to Kiev on the Thurs before. Heading to Chernobyl hopefully the Sat. Flight to Yerevan on the Sunday. Back Wed with a long stopover in Warsaw
With departures from Yerevan at stupid O'Clock your best bet would be to grab a hotel in Warsaw Airport for a few hours.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

With departures from Yerevan at stupid O'Clock your best bet would be to grab a hotel in Warsaw Airport for a few hours.
Yep, either that or just find somewhere to sleep at the airport or something
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 5:32pm

You'll miss the home game v Ukraine on the Saturday. Suppose you can watch it out there after your visit to Chernobyl.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 9:50am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

You'll miss the home game v Ukraine on the Saturday. Suppose you can watch it out there after your visit to Chernobyl.

The home game is the kicker on this trip, there's a great flight out of Paris on the Saturday gets you into Yerevan around 5.30. But of course it means missing the home game
We're on the one road!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 10:54am

Going to google to see if there's any bars in Pripyat that will show it
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

The home game is the kicker on this trip, there's a great flight out of Paris on the Saturday gets you into Yerevan around 5.30. But of course it means missing the home game

The scheduling is such a balls.  In the old Fixtures Meeting days Kiev and Yerevan would definitely have been a back to back double header and an epic away trip.  Cry

Looks like Kiev is going to have to do for me.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:21pm
The thing is on the 14 of January 2020 Ryanair announced 6 new routes to Armenia. 4 to Yerevan from Rome, Berlin, Milan and Thessaloniki and 2 to Gyumri From Athens and Munich these were cancelled once the pandemic struck, I wonder is there any chance of them being re-introduced if this covid thing relaxes. It's not even about the price it's the current flying times are awful.  Out of the three main low-cost carriers that have served or currently serve Armenian Airports just one new route announcement from either Ryanair, Wizzair or Eurowings could be a game changer for us. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 11 Jan 2022 at 7:21pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:38pm

The thing is on the 14 of January 2020 Ryanair announced 6 new routes to Armenia. 4 to Yerevan from Rome, Berlin, Milan and Thessaloniki and 2 to Gyumri From Athens and Munich these were cancelled once the pandemic struck, I wonder is there any chance of them being re-introduced if this covid thing relaxes. It's not even about the price it's the current flying times are awful.  Out of the three main low-cost carriers that have served or currently serve Armenian Airports just one new route announcement from either Ryanair, Wizzair or Eurowings could be a game changer for us. 

Even if they did give you a decent time no guarantee it will remain like that’s - in the past week Ryanair easyJet and aer Lingus have all shifted / cancelled flights likely to fill up planes 

Flight over this morning to London 1/4 to 1/3 full 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:41pm

Got paid today so sat down this evening to work out the best route out I could find. I’ve already booked my way back to include 2 days in Vilnius but getting any round for under €200 on the Sunday is proving very difficult. Some ok ones involving Kiev but would rather avoid using Ukraine. Would be bad enough if Putin messed up two away trips never mind one!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 8:03pm
Still sitting tight on this one , i will panic six weeks out if i cant bag decent flights at the right price . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 9:30pm
Ukraine home is killing options for this trip, I’ve a good route back to Shannon straight after the game so that’s sorted, but I’d want to be getting there at a reasonable time Sunday then, which is impossible if I go to Ukraine at home
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 3:44am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Ukraine home is killing options for this trip, I’ve a good route back to Shannon straight after the game so that’s sorted, but I’d want to be getting there at a reasonable time Sunday then, which is impossible if I go to Ukraine at home

No it's not, I have found a route from Dublin to Yerevan with two layovers leaving on the sunday and arriving in Yerevan for 20:30 Sunday evening. I'm not saying the route is ideal or anything, just saying it's possible. For some reason the route does not show up on Skyscanner.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:21am

No it's not, I have found a route from Dublin to Yerevan with two layovers leaving on the sunday and arriving in Yerevan for 20:30 Sunday evening. I'm not saying the route is ideal or anything, just saying it's possible. For some reason the route does not show up on Skyscanner.

Which route is that?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:55am
As I said it's not a great option price wise but if your not living in Dublin and heading to the Ukraine home game it will save you the price of a hotel in Dublin or going to Coppers on the Saturday night. 
Dublin to Chisinau with HiSky airlines and the Chisinau to Yerevan via Moscow with Flyone.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:02am

As I said it's not a great option price wise but if your not living in Dublin and heading to the Ukraine home game it will save you the price of a hotel in Dublin or going to Coppers on the Saturday night. 
Dublin to Chisinau with HiSky airlines and the Chisinau to Yerevan via Moscow with Flyone.

Kev keep an eye on Dublin = Keiv and Keiv = Yerevan as you may get in to Yerevan at a decent time if another flight shows up in Spring time .

Edited by Claret Murph - 12 Jan 2022 at 9:03am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Kev keep an eye on Dublin = Keiv and Keiv = Yerevan as you may get in to Yerevan at a decent time if another flight shows up in Spring time .

Thanks Kev & Murph Thumbs Up Pain in the arse trying to work this trip out!
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm

Is that route back Yerevan - Vilnius , Vilnius - Stansted , Stansted - Shannon? Price is very tempting but 00.05 flight to Vilnius very tight if game kicks off at 9pm local time. 
just hit the fecking thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 44>
  Share Topic