You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armenia Away 4th June
    Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:06am
Thread for Armenia Away
We're on the one road!
Sponsored Links

ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:07am
Choosing to do this one over Ukraine the following week. Won't be able to get the time off 2 weeks in a row unfortunately. 
We're on the one road!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:13am
Best I can see at the moment is about €320.
Going out with one stop getting in the Sunday evening, but 2 stops coming back.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Choosing to do this one over Ukraine the following week. Won't be able to get the time off 2 weeks in a row unfortunately. 
The way things are going, Vladimir might end up taking that decision out of our hands anyway. 😳
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Gearoid101 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gearoid101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Is that via Warsaw? very little time between the connecting flights?
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:34am
We're choosing this one ourselves over doing Ukraine and can't do both unfortunately. Flights are a bit pricey but hotels seem to be extremely cheap(currently). 

Didn't get the chance to go back in 2012 so looking forward to this one.. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Gearoid101 Gearoid101 wrote:

I had a nosey at flights yesterday for a random date in early June and I was seeing that tight connection at Warsaw - only 50 minutes. Not sure I'd chance that even if on the same booking. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:58am
Plenty of seasonal routes will be available for this from main European airports. Most start up in March / April. 

Won't be booking flights myself until new year but will sort out hotels with free cancellation in the next few days
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 12:36pm
2010 was a great trip over there so will definitely be looking at getting back over for this.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 1:23pm

Out - Dublin  - Vienna - Yerevan
Back - Yerevan - Kiev - Gatwick - Dublin
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I had a nosey at flights yesterday for a random date in early June and I was seeing that tight connection at Warsaw - only 50 minutes. Not sure I'd chance that even if on the same booking. 

I am on the Warsaw flight.  Agree it is really tight.  However I expect a good few will be on the flight with a through ticket.  If the Dublin flight is late they will most likely hold the Yerevan flight rather than have to put 20-30 people up in a hotel overnight.  

Not ideal and risky but best I could find this morning.  
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I am on the Warsaw flight.  Agree it is really tight.  However I expect a good few will be on the flight with a through ticket.  If the Dublin flight is late they will most likely hold the Yerevan flight rather than have to put 20-30 people up in a hotel overnight.  

Not ideal and risky but best I could find this morning.  
Which way are you coming back Gary?

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 7:29pm
Back the same route.  LOT  4.40am on the Wednsday then a long wait in Warsaw.  I arrive home at 16.30 on Wednesday
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 10:43pm

Back the same route.  LOT  4.40am on the Wednsday then a long wait in Warsaw.  I arrive home at 16.30 on Wednesday
Isn't there 2 airports in Warsaw, one is an hour from the city and very very small so be careful with connections lads
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Isn't there 2 airports in Warsaw, one is an hour from the city and very very small so be careful with connections lads
Thats Modlin airport - and yes, it's very small. Only used by the likes of Ryanair though so if you're flying with LOT (as I will be), then you'll just be connecting at the main airport. 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:00am
Booked the NICE Hotel Yerevan Tongue Breakfast included €28 a night.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Yes but definitely the main airport here.  The concern is the very tight connection.  So it is important to be on one ticket.  So if your Dublin flight is delayed LOT have to put you in a hotel and feed you or delay the Yerevan flight.  The more of us on the route the easier that decision becomes.  
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 1:33pm
Plenty reasonable routes home for this for about the €100 and at decent enough times but routes out aren’t as good. Should be a cracking trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
  Share Topic