You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Seeing as you've already got the Dublin-Vienna part. Austrian have a flight Sunday night I think 

€375 one way though. 
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Seeing as you've already got the Dublin-Vienna part. Austrian have a flight Sunday night I think 

€375 one way though. 
Probably not much more return. Return fares with your traditional flag carriers and usually a lot better value than one way fares.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

€375 one way though. 
Probably not much more return. Return fares with your traditional flag carriers and usually a lot better value than one way fares.

True, have already booked back with Air France though. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 12:19pm
You could go to Bratislava and fly wizz to Kiev and Kiev to Yerevan Sunday evening with Pacific airways for less than €90. But there's a few ***
* Number 1 you need to go Bratislava ( no big deal really)
* Number 2 you need to change airports in Kiev.
* Number 3 neither airport might exist by then 
Monk View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 11:44am
Looking at this myself....one way to Yerevan, then a cheap flight (theyre less than €50) to Kiev and get that game in aswell. Are ye thinking there  will be issues in Kiev?

Whats liklihood of getting tickets? Never been to an away

Edit: Having read the Ukraine thread I see there are issues with venue and just Ukraine in general....might just book the one way to Armenia to start.

Edited by Monk - 29 Dec 2021 at 11:49am
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Looking at this myself....one way to Yerevan, then a cheap flight (theyre less than €50) to Kiev and get that game in aswell. Are ye thinking there  will be issues in Kiev?

Whats liklihood of getting tickets? Never been to an away

Edit: Having read the Ukraine thread I see there are issues with venue and just Ukraine in general....might just book the one way to Armenia to start.

Won't be any issue with tickets given the far-flung nature of the destinations 

Look at booking KLM home from Ukraine if you're worried about venue change, they allow you change flights/get a voucher up to the day of the flight.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 1:12pm
I'd be amazed if there were any ticket issues for either Armenia or Ukraine away. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I'd be amazed if there were any ticket issues for either Armenia or Ukraine away. 

Putin will be putting on a fan zone for the game known as Gulag which translated into English means 'happy place with free beer'
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 6:08pm
Many planning on going via the LOT flight on Sunday, tight connection time is it worth it ?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Many planning on going via the LOT flight on Sunday, tight connection time is it worth it ?
Have been thinking about it too. Didn’t pull the trigger yet but it seems one of the easiest ways if prices don’t go up by too much.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 8:32pm

if you go back a few pages there are a few of us on it.  
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 9:31pm
Seems to be at 320€ now 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 10:08pm

I took the plunge and booked this route. As you said in your pm reply to me recently Gary, if there's enough of us on the same route and on the same booking, the airline has to look after us and will most likely delay the onward flight for us. Thumbs Up

Edited by ConorMac77 - 29 Dec 2021 at 10:08pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 12:58am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I took the plunge and booked this route. As you said in your pm reply to me recently Gary, if there's enough of us on the same route and on the same booking, the airline has to look after us and will most likely delay the onward flight for us. Thumbs Up

Might still be better than flying through Ukraine given the current situation there 

CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:00pm
Booked this today. Going from Cork to Yerevan via Paris, with the same route back and having to stay one night in Paris on the return. Wasn't cheap but with 4 matches in 10 days I wanted travel to be as direct as possible. Will hold off booking Ukraine until Venue is confirmed.
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 8:43pm
Just booked through Frankfurt, great to be back planning away days again Clap
Living for Away days
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by CC1984 CC1984 wrote:

Booked this today. Going from Cork to Yerevan via Paris, with the same route back and having to stay one night in Paris on the return. Wasn't cheap but with 4 matches in 10 days I wanted travel to be as direct as possible. Will hold off booking Ukraine until Venue is confirmed.

Had a good look at this route myself, there was an option with a 50m layover on the return leg which just isn't possible in CDG. However I think I'll look to fly from Dublin the day after the Ukraine game and fly back into Dublin for the Scotland game.  
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 12:09pm
Aegean fares on the Sunday have dropped a bit.  Some decent priced options, albeit with two stops.
Dublin-Geneva-Athens-Yerevan can be had for €160 odd.

We've went for flights via Milan.  Get to spend the day in town there, with a short stop in Athens on the way to Yerevan.
Paris, Prague, Amsterdam, Madrid, Vienna, Zürich, Bucharest amongst the options.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
  Share Topic