You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armenia Away 4th June
    Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 7:58am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Lovely city, so clean, safe and chilled out. The people are are nice . Women are beautiful too. Stayed until yesterday. Will deffo go back if we get them again. 
Eh not now me thinks. the Azerbaijani's are are attacking them along the border. A rusian convoy was also shelled today. this could escalate real quick. Thank FC*K we're home. following Ireland in the Caucasus can be a nightmare. ever since 2008 Mother Russia has interfered with our plans there, hence the airspace there opens after midnight for a lot of flights. Hope yto Jaysus we don't get Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan in the Euro's. too much hastle.Dead

Not forgetting when all the animals escaped the zoo and lions and tigers were roaming about Tbilisi attacking people. Would have made the taxi drive experience there seem more relaxing compared to getting chased by a tiger.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lovely city, so clean, safe and chilled out. The people are are nice . Women are beautiful too. Stayed until yesterday. Will deffo go back if we get them again. 
Eh not now me thinks. the Azerbaijani's are are attacking them along the border. A rusian convoy was also shelled today. this could escalate real quick. Thank FC*K we're home. following Ireland in the Caucasus can be a nightmare. ever since 2008 Mother Russia has interfered with our plans there, hence the airspace there opens after midnight for a lot of flights. Hope yto Jaysus we don't get Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan in the Euro's. too much hastle.Dead

Yeah if was a close run thing there for a while, wasn’t sure if citizen was home yet from a trip back in June 3 months ago 😀😀
Could of met one of the beautiful women and stayed there
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 2:15am

Yeah if was a close run thing there for a while, wasn’t sure if citizen was home yet from a trip back in June 3 months ago 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:21am

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 10:55pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:55pm
And I thought I was naive. Got ambushed, battered and robbed on 8th and Butler in Philadelphia trying to score drugs even more awkwardly than Larry David on Curb that time.

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Taxi men didn't have a word of English so I decided to communicate via hand gestures. Wanted him to bring me to a strip club. Was saying girls and showing hand signals of boobs. He brought me to a street that had street prostitutes everywhere. They were all stinking, overweight and ugly, I proceeding to offer to pay for him to get a girl, worked out at about a tenner so thought f**k it this will be entertaining, he drove up and down the road a good 20 times before he found one suitable. I gave him the money. At the same time 4 russian lads took me out of the taxi and I went with them in the car, they said girls too ugly here so they drove around with IRA music blasting, I thought I was being robbed and kidnapped so started to panic a bit. Then asked where I was staying, I just said republic square. They took me there, let me out and said nice to meet you, added me on instagram. I was thinking thank f**k for that hahaha. Was a surreal experience. LOL

LOLClap
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Taxi men didn't have a word of English so I decided to communicate via hand gestures. Wanted him to bring me to a strip club. Was saying girls and showing hand signals of boobs. He brought me to a street that had street prostitutes everywhere. They were all stinking, overweight and ugly, I proceeding to offer to pay for him to get a girl, worked out at about a tenner so thought f**k it this will be entertaining, he drove up and down the road a good 20 times before he found one suitable. I gave him the money. At the same time 4 russian lads took me out of the taxi and I went with them in the car, they said girls too ugly here so they drove around with IRA music blasting, I thought I was being robbed and kidnapped so started to panic a bit. Then asked where I was staying, I just said republic square. They took me there, let me out and said nice to meet you, added me on instagram. I was thinking thank f**k for that hahaha. Was a surreal experience. LOL

Think I met you outside the beatles bar on Sunday. If its the same lad you badly needed some sleep. �£

Don't think that was me. I could be wrong though. I didn't set foot in that place (as far as im aware) LOL

It must have been another fella who had a traumatic experience like yerself, but lived to tell the tale. LOL
Let Christy Take It.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Think I met you outside the beatles bar on Sunday. If its the same lad you badly needed some sleep. �£

Don't think that was me. I could be wrong though. I didn't set foot in that place (as far as im aware) LOL
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:18pm

Think I met you outside the beatles bar on Sunday. If its the same lad you badly needed some sleep. 🤣
Let Christy Take It.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 2:37pm
LOLLOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 2:33pm
CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 12:34pm
Good trip and very nice city particularly around the Cascade area. Felt very safe and didn't have the police presence Baku had, there seemed to be police on every corner there. Hopefully won't get drawn in that part of the world for awhile, 3 flights home starting with a 2:45 am check in was torture.
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:06pm
Yeah thought that, we went to a place across the road called seeds bar on the Friday and it was grand, just the 4 of us but we fair took over, one lad even got the hop Smile
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Did anybody else get stung on beer prices? they were widely varying everytime i went up. People saying 2500 per beer in the beatles where other places was 1500+. Was this just irish tax? 

Massive difference in price in Beatles when it was quiet on Thursday to Friday night when it was packed 
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:02pm
Did anybody else get stung on beer prices? they were widely varying everytime i went up. People saying 2500 per beer in the beatles where other places was 1500+. Was this just irish tax? 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 4:28pm
Still on the way home, sitting in Geneva airport after spending lastnight in Antalya so doing it the long way around. Good enough trip but the result put a serious dampener on it. A good few have already mentioned it on here that the people were very friendly and to be fair didn’t come across as many chancers trying to rip people off. Every second taxi man in Georgia and Azerbaijan did but paid 1400 drams to the airport yesterday morning all of €2.80 or so. Some very nice places in the city particularly up along that pedestrian street.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

It seems to be the most affluent or westernised of the three countries in the vicinity. A good trip but wasn’t anywhere near the top and the result soured it. 

Agree with the comment on the bar culture. Most of the bars I was in were crap with table service only (if you would call it service they were that slow) which ran out of beer or were serving it warm. There didn’t seem to be an alternative although I’m sure some on here found them. The Beatles bar was awfully laid out for a crowd and didn’t spend much time there after the first night. 

It was great craic and the staff were bang on but they were woefully under prepared for the crowds they got. Whenever we got rounds, there was a new type of beer each time and half of the bottles were warm.

LOL

Yah I told your one when ordering, I wanted three lagers and they gave me that poxy craft beer in the yellow bottle. Dargett I think it was called. The red one was the pilsner/lager one I think. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
  Share Topic