You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:52pm
Yes. But from my own eye witness accounts of people using pyro you have two types of people who use it.
1. You have the young lad whos waving it away and once security start heading for him, panics and throws it away usually towards the pitch.

2. You have someone who is well covered up (identity hidden) in the middle of a crowd where security can't physically get to him and can't identify the lad afterwards. Usually leaves the flare or Smoke canister extinguish naturally near their seat.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:30pm
I don't get it. Been going to aways 10 years and we've done grand without it that entire time. I don't see the need for it at all, just mindlessly dangerous sh*te.

Use your vocal cords ffs.

Edited by craiglen - 22 Jun 2022 at 3:31pm
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:35pm
Pyros and smoke is a load of sh*te.

Foghorns are whats needed.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:36pm
I would distinguish between a smoke canister and a flare and that’s even before the you mention being on the sauce all day 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Pyros and smoke is a load of sh*te.

Foghorns are whats needed.
Vuvuzelas, surely. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

I don't get it. Been going to aways 10 years and we've done grand without it that entire time. I don't see the need for it at all, just mindlessly dangerous sh*te.

What's mindlessly dangerous about a smoke bomb?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I would distinguish between a smoke canister and a flare and that’s even before the you mention being on the sauce all day 

same here. A smoke bomb isn't pyro.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Yeah more so aimed at flares or anything that burns with a flame.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:22pm
we’ve managed up till now without flares or firebombs and their illegal in most countries and setting off flares is a criminal offence. 

I think this should discourage most people from bringing them to games home and away .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:38pm

The key to why they are dangerous is in the name they are a bomb, they do have an ignition trigger that sparks to ignite the substances in them to produce the smoke there is the danger they may explode if there is any chemical imbalance.

I'll also add you know more people die due to smoke inhalation during Fires then actual fire so again I'd imagine smoke bombs aren't great for your health in that case.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 22 Jun 2022 at 4:38pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:43pm
Non-Toxic ”Safe Smoke” is used in them. 
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:45pm
There is a slight spark once you light the fuse on a smokebomb but once the lad using it knows to hold it up straight until the few seconds of spark is over they are far less dangerous than a flare. Saw one lad put a flare in his mouth in Lodz not only was it incredibly stupid on his part but it was then shooting sparks out on top of people. Lads like this shouldn't be let anywhere near it. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The key to why they are dangerous is in the name they are a bomb, they do have an ignition trigger that sparks to ignite the substances in them to produce the smoke there is the danger they may explode if there is any chemical imbalance.

I'll also add you know more people die due to smoke inhalation during Fires then actual fire so again I'd imagine smoke bombs aren't great for your health in that case.
What about stink bombs?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

There is a slight spark once you light the fuse on a smokebomb but once the lad using it knows to hold it up straight until the few seconds of spark is over they are far less dangerous than a flare. Saw one lad put a flare in his mouth in Lodz not only was it incredibly stupid on his part but it was then shooting sparks out on top of people. Lads like this shouldn't be let anywhere near it. 

My exact point right there, I agree they are less dangerous then a flare but they are still potentially dangerous in the wrong hands.

To also answer BSM's comment yes stink bombs are similar in that there is an ignition spark to burn the chemical which produce the smell.

In terms of "Non-Toxic Safe Smoke"  

Any chemical can be potentially toxic if inhaled (even Oxygen)

Like most things Non-Toxic labels they are put there to avoid any potential lawsuits due to peoples stupidity .
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I'll also add you know more people die due to the the sudden stop than the actual fall
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

I saw the flare in the mouth thing a couple of times myself. It was at the match and outside Infinity. Too stupid for words.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

we’ve managed up till now without flares or firebombs and their illegal in most countries and setting off flares is a criminal offence. 

I think this should discourage most people from bringing them to games home and away .

Ahh ffs we aren’t allowed to bring firebombs to a match ? This is political correctness gone mad 

What harm is there me standing with a glass milk bottle full of petrol and a lit rag ? 

This place is Maud Flanders’s central
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Ahh ffs we aren’t allowed to bring firebombs to a match ? This is political correctness gone mad 

What harm is there me standing with a glass milk bottle full of petrol and a lit rag ? 

This place is Maud Flanders’s central

Would you not want a break from the petrol bombs when you are on your holidays NR??
The do have recycle bins where you can put those Stella bottles instead!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
  Share Topic