You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

if the lads want to bring it further they need to contact the Irish Embassy and hire a polish solicitor. 
T, as you know this line of work you know very well , but how  can you prove that you took 2 grand out of a ATM just to cover your bill at the local hooker  joint or gambling deats or what ever . How can a solicitor prove you didn't ?

What the f**k are you on about?? I’d say the multiple witnesses, fans that visited the police station to try help along with the embassy being contacted will prove that. That’s multiple times you’ve come on here implying the story is fabricated. The embassy have now been contacted for assistance with what happened. 
My question is , how do you prove it . You said they took the money out as € 750 out of one card and the rest with other cards . Now I may be getting  on a it but how many young lads have bank details in 4 or 5 banks to withdraw 2k? Nothing adds up for me . Did all 3 lads have a withdraws limit of 750 euro in 3 banks , and have the funds to withdraw that amount . These are just questions nothing more . 
Questions , are any of the lads of the lads on this forum 
Have they been In In touch with the the powers that be 
Have the newspapers printed anything 

Questions, why are you questioning the lads? Do you really think the four of them went missing after not being allowed into the game and ended up in the strip club and paid €2000 each on lap dances and beer? Have you been watching the hangover too much? Would you like something like that to end up in the paper? “The powers that be” did you miss the above post where it says the embassy has been contacted?
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:45pm

Well I read it before you deleted your post . I asked the question ,that's all . So what will you do ? And again how can you prove it ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:58pm

Well I read it before you deleted your post . I asked the question ,that's all . So what will you do ? And again how can you prove it ?

That’s for the “powers that be”. Not some muppet spreading sh*t on a forum. 
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 9:24pm
spent all of 2 minutes on Google before I was able to find out the max fine is 5000 zlotys for public order in Poland 
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
Fr Fintan Stack View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fr Fintan Stack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 9:52pm

Ah give over. I guess the Irish Garda that told me four people were arrested must've been lying.

As was the fan who I'd be quite friendly with who visited the police station the morning after the match.

No disrespect, but the lads have been incredibly hard done by, I think the last thing they need right now is anyone doubting them.
tumblr_o987lwB0np1vthlfbo1_500.gif
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 9:58pm

Easy, cctv footage of 2 cops dragging a lad in green to an ATM. Lay off the lads Murph
Chips don't bounce
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Easy, cctv footage of 2 cops dragging a lad in green to an ATM. Lay off the lads Murph
Yep and in handcuffs at thr ATM , these lads have a case as I think all ATM have cams .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:14pm
Bang of suss off the whole thing. 
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Bang of suss off the whole thing. 

In what way? 

The lads definitely got lifted. 

Other supporters definitely had to act as unofficial liaison officers in trying to find out where there were taken during the game (told by police the norm was that people would led away from the stadium and let go, this seemed to happen in one case).  

Other supporters definitely had to act as unofficial liaison officers after the match when it became clear that the lads hadn't been let go and were being held in custody somewhere that no one over there seemed to be aware of. I'd expect that someone in authority could have asked their Polish colleagues and that information could have been easily provided. It wasn't.

Other supporters definitely had to act as unofficial liaison officers the following morning when there was still no contact from three of the lads, contact the Irish embassy and other local and European supporters groups for assistance to trace them.

Other supporters definitely had to act as unofficial liaison officers when they were making enquiries while making their own way home and others who went to the police station when they got the address to help deal with the situation and wait for them to be released.

All that is fact.

I wouldn't mention any names on here out of respect for them but have no reason to doubt any of their integrity. it's out of line questioning it as some seem to be doing. They had a sh1tty experience and it was way OTT when you consider the amount of pyro in the ground and the amount of it at every game in Poland when you buy it over the counter at party shops. The punishment didn't fit the crime.

All the whole episode goes to show is the need for an independent Supporters Liaison Officer to be put in place immediately.  
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 11:02pm
Saw on one of the lads getting lifted bybthe turnstiles. Bizarre stuff to doubt it and think lads aren't telling the truth.
Danger here, OH NO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 11:47pm
outside the ground we were approached by a plain clothes garda advising us of 4 lads who had been lifted for possessing pyro and if we knew anyone carrying the stuff to tell them to get rid of it.

around lunchtime the next day i randomly bumped into a lad who i recognised from previous trips. it subsequently turned out he was one of the 4 and just been released. he was shook from the experience, his hands were still black from fingerprinting and said the polish cops meted out some rough treatment. i only spoke to him for about 60 seconds, he made no mention of an atm.

that's my first hand experience. can't believe there's muppets on here questioning what happened.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 11:53pm
It all screams tinder swindler to me. Cue the Netflix trailer.

And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 7:49am
I don’t think anybody is doubting 4 guys got lifted and some got heavily fined just that trying to establish what exactly happened as the assumption was 4 got heaviliy fined but only 3 had ti pay it at least partly via an atm .

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Tomscotland View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomscotland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 10:19am
The 1 person who was fined heavily but didn’t pay was the only person who asked to contact the embassy. He payed what he had in his pocket and they pretty much released him straight away.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 11:16am

Prove what? That's what has been told what has happened and what is accepted by all bar you as happening. If those involved are to take this any further I presume they'll complete sworn affidavits with Polish solicitors confirming it too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 11:19am
Might calm down a few of the wannabe ultras at the games, trying to make aviva look good on TV fair play flags is one thing but c*nts that wave flares around dangerously have no pity for
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Might calm down a few of the wannabe ultras at the games, trying to make aviva look good on TV fair play flags is one thing but c*nts that wave flares around dangerously have no pity for
Maybe. Just to clarify though some people can use pyro in a correct manor.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Maybe. Just to clarify though some people can use pyro in a correct manor.
Is it not illegal at football games in most countries? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 52>
  Share Topic