You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 10:20am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Very happy to wait until i feel the time is right , hey just back from London for the NY , i think it was easier getting to Tibet than in and out of London . 

Trains cancelled ? 
PCR test , checks at the airport going and coming back and to top it all off a poor 15 year old was murdered less than a mile away where we were staying .

You can do a walk through antigen test at Londons airports for a few quid, a PCR is not required. the checks after that are minimal.

... and that's when flying to Ireland. Flying to UK now is no different to how it was pre-pandemic. No tests, locator forms etc. needed. I'm currently sitting in the departure lounge at Cork Airport at the moment. My biggest headache is trying to find somewhere selling coffee LOL

More like £40 quid CY2K, - i aint that bothered with the cost as work will be paying for it but its more the of having to arrange it though i only need it next week as reverting to Belfast after
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 12:30pm

Very happy to wait until i feel the time is right , hey just back from London for the NY , i think it was easier getting to Tibet than in and out of London . 

Trains cancelled ? 
PCR test , checks at the airport going and coming back and to top it all off a poor 15 year old was murdered less than a mile away where we were staying .

You can do a walk through antigen test at Londons airports for a few quid, a PCR is not required. the checks after that are minimal.

... and that's when flying to Ireland. Flying to UK now is no different to how it was pre-pandemic. No tests, locator forms etc. needed. I'm currently sitting in the departure lounge at Cork Airport at the moment. My biggest headache is trying to find somewhere selling coffee LOL

More like £40 quid CY2K, - i aint that bothered with the cost as work will be paying for it but its more the of having to arrange it though i only need it next week as reverting to Belfast after

my point is the cost is not overly exorbitant. It takes no more than 5 mins to book and can be done a couple of hours before the flight. Hardly the greatest obstacle to overcome for the vast majority of passengers.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 1:24pm

Trains cancelled ? 

Won't need it anymore now, it's scrapped 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Trains cancelled ? 

an antigen test to fly into dublin ?
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 2:49pm

Trains cancelled ? 

my point is the cost is not overly exorbitant. It takes no more than 5 mins to book and can be done a couple of hours before the flight. Hardly the greatest obstacle to overcome for the vast majority of passengers.

2/3rds the price of a nice italian meal with drinks thrown in Wink
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 2:49pm

Trains cancelled ? 

Yup, so long as your vaccinated, the pre flight test is going 
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/passengers-will-no-longer-need-a-negative-covid-test-to-enter-the-country-41210723.html 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 4:57pm

Trains cancelled ? 

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/passengers-will-no-longer-need-a-negative-covid-test-to-enter-the-country-41210723.html 

Thumbs Up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 6:41pm

Trains cancelled ? 

Thumbs Up
I think the major factor is now you can get home if you have been vaxxed Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 7:14pm
it was like that before Murph - not sure what bringing it in made a jot of difference
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:14pm
On topics lads 👍
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 3:51pm
feels like war is only days or weeks away.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 1:54pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-21/u-s-weighs-evacuating-diplomats-family-members-from-ukraine. Posted this on another forum, but it feels like war. 

Lads need to be clever here. I wouldn't go booking any sort of flights to Ukraine, regardless of where it might be played there, or "its" not near the trouble. I was going to Georgia in 2008 when the game was switched to "Mainz" so all my flights to Georgia had to be cancelled due to an "ACT OF WAR", and I got FCK ALL money back on Angry- your travel insurance I'm positive won't cover you if the area is in a war state.. We were due to fly from Tbilisi to Hungary and then onto Montenegro, but they had to be cancelled too.

Ended up paying for an extra flight to Serbia from Frankfurt, train to Podgorica. Then paid for another  flight from there to Frankfurt Hahn with 10 hours on the floor, and lastly another Ryainair flight  home to Dublin which I paid for. Enough said !!! AngryAngryAngry
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-21/u-s-weighs-evacuating-diplomats-family-members-from-ukraine. Posted this on another forum, but it feels like war. 

Lads need to be clever here. I wouldn't go booking any sort of flights to Ukraine, regardless of where it might be played there, or "its" not near the trouble. I was going to Georgia in 2008 when the game was switched to "Mainz" so all my flights to Georgia had to be cancelled due to an "ACT OF WAR", and I got FCK ALL money back on Angry- your travel insurance I'm positive won't cover you if the area is in a war state.. We were due to fly from Tbilisi to Hungary and then onto Montenegro, but they had to be cancelled too.

Ended up paying for an extra flight to Serbia from Frankfurt, train to Podgorica. Then paid for another  flight from there to Frankfurt Hahn with 10 hours on the floor, and lastly another Ryainair flight  home to Dublin which I paid for. Enough said !!! AngryAngryAngry

Air Baltic were still flying - only got my money back  x 2 as they changed the flight time by a few hours 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

KLM and Air France have all tickets as fully refundable and changeable, no reason not to book 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 1:27am
As tensions continue to escalate in Ukraine, some European airlines have begun to switch flight times to Kyiv to avoid aircraft parked overnight.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 8:01am
Very little chance of this going ahead in Ukraine. This is a lot more volatile than the Georgia conflict in 08 when match was switched to Mainz - the Georgian FA were raging if I recall and we even hosted them in a home friendly as ‘compensation’ for pushing for the neutral venue. 

This is on a different scale. There’s no merit in booking even if it is free cancellation as flight times will change impacting stopovers and there won’t be any demand for flights any time soon so your cash is just tied up in flights you’re unlikely to use.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 8:15am
Yeah won't be booking anything for this.

Could very easily see it switched to Poland or Germany 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 9:42am

Yeah won't be booking anything for this.

Could very easily see it switched to Poland or Germany 

+1

It can't be Warsaw though as Belgium are in town the night before. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>
  Share Topic