You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:40am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

either way there shouldn't be any issue with tickets. 

on another note the stadium looks to be a stones throw from the main street with all the boozers Beer
Yeah there'll be no issue at all. 900 should more than cover it.

Half hour walk from the main street which is grand on a summers evening & jump on a tram back after the game 
indeed. hate stadia at the edge of cities, usually the area around them is sterile, stockholm and bordeaux immediately come to mind. 
Lille and Lyon were worse - the Lyon stadium was basically in a field beside a motorway in the middle of nowhere. 

Was Lille that bad? Don’t remember having much hassle getting to and from the stadium! You’re right about Lyon it was a nightmare.

You must have god lucky in Lille.  Was a nightmare after the game, huge queues into the metro station, no extra trains on.  Good few gave up and went a very long walk back to town.

Thankfully everyone was in quite good form! Big smile
Sponsored Links

williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:34pm

aye, 900 is the official allocation. the indo said the fai are trying to secure extra tickets but tbh i doubt very much they'll be needed. 

I expect if Ukraine qualify for the World Cup there might be more interest from the Poles to watch them but I'd say at the moment there probably isn't huge local demand for tickets. 
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:43pm
Other than the several million Ukrainians that have streamed into Poland over the last few months of course.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 2:03pm
there'll definitely be local interest with all the ukrainians in the country. there's 200,000 ukrainian kids in warsaw alone, would imagine Lodz would have 10s of thousands as well. this will be a sell out.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 3:56pm
we are nowhere near 900 travelling from what i heard 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Patrick Jane View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:04pm
Missed the ticket application deadline today unfortunately (my own fault). Any idea who/where I could reach out to for a ticket? Have flights to Warsaw already booked from a few weeks back. See one or two have mentioned that we mightn't avail of our entire allocation...

Edited by Patrick Jane - 18 May 2022 at 6:08pm
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:48pm
Are Poland not playing Belgium the same night as us in Warsaw? 
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Patrick Jane Patrick Jane wrote:

Missed the ticket application deadline today unfortunately (my own fault). Any idea who/where I could reach out to for a ticket? Have flights to Warsaw already booked from a few weeks back. See one or two have mentioned that we mightn't avail of our entire allocation...

Email the ticket office and should get sorted. 

customer-relations@fai.ie
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

Are Poland not playing Belgium the same night as us in Warsaw? 

Yes, they are, hence why we're in a different city,
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 12:57pm
Just bought my train ticket from Warsaw to Łódź on the 14th for a whopping €5.83 Hug
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:02pm
what's best site for booking trains? I'm seeing different times on different sites. On Shannon to Krakow flight Monday evening and getting train up the morning of the game
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

what's best site for booking trains? I'm seeing different times on different sites. On Shannon to Krakow flight Monday evening and getting train up the morning of the game

you can use pkp.pl which is the national railways site or polregio.pl which is the regional railways website. they seem to be fairly glitchy to use, they were a lot more slick in the past not sure wtf they've done to them. 

if you can't get them to work then polrail.com which is a travel agency will sell you a ticket at about double the price (without having to deal with a terribly built website).  

there's three stations in warsaw where the trains to Lodz all pass through. that's the only thing i can think of as to why people are seeing different times. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 19 May 2022 at 1:43pm
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 2:47pm
Any people getting the Wednesday flight from Modlin back to Shannon?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Any people getting the Wednesday flight from Modlin back to Shannon?

Or in fact the Modlin back to Dublin flight. Both depart 20mins between.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:13am
Still 4 seats left on the bus from Modlin on Monday to Lodz.  It meets the Dublin Ryanair flight.  15 euros per head pm me for more details.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Still 4 seats left on the bus from Modlin on Monday to Lodz.  It meets the Dublin Ryanair flight.  15 euros per head pm me for more details.

What time is that at?
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:11am

Are you going back to Warsaw on Wednesday Gary? 

We're on the one road!
Marzy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:06pm

gary 

what time is bus goin at myself and my father will go on bus if early . we are in sunday night to warsaw 

dont know how to pm as rarely use forum 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 52>
  Share Topic