You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 52>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Are there many doing the Dublin to Stansted on the Monday flight and direct home on the wednesday?

Thinking of this way ourselves.

What’s it like getting from modlin to Warsaw city centre ?
Two Bus company's and Trains also . , now you can get shared taxis but hey . 

We get in at 11pm and the last bus ( Flexibus ) is 11.35 pm so should be about right as they always wait for the last folk off the plane , well maybe not . €7 single or around there and takes 45 mins 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Are there many doing the Dublin to Stansted on the Monday flight and direct home on the wednesday?

Thinking of this way ourselves.

What’s it like getting from modlin to Warsaw city centre ?
Two Bus company's and Trains also . , now you can get shared taxis but hey . 

We get in at 11pm and the last bus ( Flexibus ) is 11.35 pm so should be about right as they always wait for the last folk off the plane , well maybe not . €7 single or around there and takes 45 mins 

Sorry again you can take Flexibus from the airport to Lotz about 4 to 5 every day . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:56pm
Buses Thumbs Down
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Grand job.

Monday-Wednesday will do for me for this one.  Been the town once before, it's not exactly a tourist spot.
On the Dublin-Lodz flight over, we were the only Irish people on it.  One the way back, there was one additional Irish person.  That should give you an indication of the level of attractions there.
There's a textile museum, and that's about it.

On the plus side, there's a a great main street, Piotrkowska, with loads of bars/restaurants with outdoor seating.  If the weather is good (which it should be), that'll be nice.

It's not a wealthy town, and has a falling population, so prices are very reasonable.

If you get bored of the centre, there's the redeveloped industrial area called Manufaktura.  It's got a shopping centre, restaurants, and a German style bierhalle.  Prices are a bit higher there, but still not high by Irish standards.  It's a pleasant area, worth a walk to if you want to see a bit more of the town.
Was there before too, as you say the main street is pretty cool but other than that there is not a whole all else to do. When i say to Polish people ive been to Lodz they all say what the hell was i doing there. I enjoyed it tbh a few days is grand there.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:17pm

I'm going via Stansted both ways.  Was massively cheaper than direct flight home.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:21pm
This game on the away portal already lads.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Grand job.

Monday-Wednesday will do for me for this one.  Been the town once before, it's not exactly a tourist spot.
On the Dublin-Lodz flight over, we were the only Irish people on it.  One the way back, there was one additional Irish person.  That should give you an indication of the level of attractions there.
There's a textile museum, and that's about it.

On the plus side, there's a a great main street, Piotrkowska, with loads of bars/restaurants with outdoor seating.  If the weather is good (which it should be), that'll be nice.

It's not a wealthy town, and has a falling population, so prices are very reasonable.

If you get bored of the centre, there's the redeveloped industrial area called Manufaktura.  It's got a shopping centre, restaurants, and a German style bierhalle.  Prices are a bit higher there, but still not high by Irish standards.  It's a pleasant area, worth a walk to if you want to see a bit more of the town.
Was there before too, as you say the main street is pretty cool but other than that there is not a whole all else to do. When i say to Polish people ive been to Lodz they all say what the hell was i doing there. I enjoyed it tbh a few days is grand there.

Was there for a wedding a few years back, some cracking pubs off Piotrkowska. Liked the vibe of the place. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:41pm
just booked. 

LOT from heathrow to warsaw on matchday, land at 10am. all going well will have a pint in the hand by lunchtime Beer
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:17pm
ticket email is out 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

I'm going via Stansted both ways.  Was massively cheaper than direct flight home.

Same.  To/from BFS.  Not great times going over, but probably a better option than the Derry or Dublin flights.
City Till I Die
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

just booked. 

LOT from heathrow to warsaw on matchday, land at 10am. all going well will have a pint in the hand by lunchtime Beer

Flying into Warsaw the night before and going to stay there. Grab an early train down to Lodz from Warsaw on Matchday
We're on the one road!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

just booked. 

Flying into Warsaw the night before and going to stay there. Grab an early train down to Lodz from Warsaw on Matchday

warsaw is serious craic. had a few outrageous nights on the tear the time we played them at the national stadium.

buzzin for this trip now Clap

Edited by colemanY2K - 13 May 2022 at 5:17pm
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

i would assume if it is Lodz it will be the Widzew stadium at 18000 capacity 

The away portal has Widzew Łódź Municipal Stadium down as the stadium
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

i would assume if it is Lodz it will be the Widzew stadium at 18000 capacity 

The away portal has Widzew Łódź Municipal Stadium down as the stadium

Think they've the wrong stadium on the away portal.

Ukraine have said it's in LKS stadium which is the LKS Muncipal Stadium. LKS confirmed on their twitter that they're hosting as well.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:11pm
Will there be a fans match for this ? 
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
amrx2000 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amrx2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:35pm
Hi Gary,

I would be interested in sharing a taxi to Lodz from Modlin Warsaw Airport. I am on the monday flight arriving after 1pm.

Regards

Liam

Mod edit: lads don’t be putting up your full name and contact details. The amount of txt and call scamming going on daily, you’re only leaving yourself open. Anyone can view this forum without registration so box clever with your personal details.Thumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 14 May 2022 at 10:12am
CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:48pm
what’s the capacity of the LKS stadium? Wikipedia has it fairly small (~5700) but defo looks bigger than that 
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 12:27am
Booked out Dublin London Warsaw, then the Flix bus to Lodz
And back via krakow 

Any idea of how many we’ll bring ? An article said today we’ve 900 and may look for more 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 52>
  Share Topic