You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Snowmanvilla88 Snowmanvilla88 wrote:

is anyone getting a bus or taxi from poznan on Monday 13th June to lodz ( if that's were it is)

Buses and trains seem a lot of sh*te 

There's a direct bus for €7 but it runs at 7pm.
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 10:27pm
10 years after the bailout party it's back to Poland ? Anyone for Torun ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 12:48pm
When is it expected this match venue will be officially announced?  
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

I think Armenia are due to respond to the Polish FA soon. Then UEFA need to make a call on whether Lodz is fit for purpose. If the Armenian's don't budge on the hotel issue then the game will surely be moved
We're on the one road!
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:48pm
Armenia are Russia’s allies (not that they have much choice), so can’t see them being overly accommodating to Ukraine. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

I think Armenia are due to respond to the Polish FA soon. Then UEFA need to make a call on whether Lodz is fit for purpose. If the Armenian's don't budge on the hotel issue then the game will surely be moved

Would they need to actually move both our fixture and their fixture with Ukraine out of Lodz? 

I assume not. 

It's not like we're kicking up a fuss afaik.

Edited by irishmufc - 12 May 2022 at 2:49pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Would they need to actually move both our fixture and their fixture with Ukraine out of Lodz? 

I assume not. 

It's not like we're kicking up a fuss afaik.

I think Ukraine want to play both of their games at the same venue  
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:54pm
You say move "out of Lodz" but sure it hasn't been confirmed at any point yet and any bookings have been based on speculation/anticipation of a confirmation.

Of course we're not left with much choice given how close the fixture is, but plenty of us also got burned with the rescheduling of the Armenia game that we all thought wasn't going to happen because it didn't make sense.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:09am
LKS Lodz confirm the games for Lodz

Local media also confirming the same

"All organizational matters that had been an obstacle so far were managed. Both Armenians and Irish will find accommodation."

Polish FA in charge regarding ticketing etc

Edited by wanderer - 13 May 2022 at 8:10am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:30am
Great stuff
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:46am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

LKS Lodz confirm the games for Lodz

Local media also confirming the same

"All organizational matters that had been an obstacle so far were managed. Both Armenians and Irish will find accommodation."

Polish FA in charge regarding ticketing etc
Queue Ryanair panic stations
We're on the one road!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:06pm

Sorrying for spamming this.  I'm expecting this to be 100% Lodz today/tomorrow (just waiting for UEFA or FAI to confirm).

I will book the transport then from Warsaw Modlin airport on Monday June 13th to meet the Ryanair flight from Dublin due 13.20 and drop in central Lodz (they might do 2 dropoffs doubt anymore).  

If you haven't got a pm or whatsapp from me and are interested please let me know asap.  

If everyone agrees I'll setup a whatsapp group to update on this.

Price will be an equal share per head (incl me) of the total cost, current costs I have are

7 people - 145 euros total  
8 - 119 euros total (not as comfortable as the 7-seater)
20 in a minibus 259  euros total 

brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:12pm
Grand job.

Monday-Wednesday will do for me for this one.  Been the town once before, it's not exactly a tourist spot.
On the Dublin-Lodz flight over, we were the only Irish people on it.  One the way back, there was one additional Irish person.  That should give you an indication of the level of attractions there.
There's a textile museum, and that's about it.

On the plus side, there's a a great main street, Piotrkowska, with loads of bars/restaurants with outdoor seating.  If the weather is good (which it should be), that'll be nice.

It's not a wealthy town, and has a falling population, so prices are very reasonable.

If you get bored of the centre, there's the redeveloped industrial area called Manufaktura.  It's got a shopping centre, restaurants, and a German style bierhalle.  Prices are a bit higher there, but still not high by Irish standards.  It's a pleasant area, worth a walk to if you want to see a bit more of the town.

Edited by brendy_éire - 13 May 2022 at 12:14pm
City Till I Die
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Sorrying for spamming this.  I'm expecting this to be 100% Lodz today/tomorrow (just waiting for UEFA or FAI to confirm).

I will book the transport then from Warsaw Modlin airport on Monday June 13th to meet the Ryanair flight from Dublin due 13.20 and drop in central Lodz (they might do 2 dropoffs doubt anymore).  

If you haven't got a pm or whatsapp from me and are interested please let me know asap.  

If everyone agrees I'll setup a whatsapp group to update on this.

Price will be an equal share per head (incl me) of the total cost, current costs I have are

7 people - 145 euros total  
8 - 119 euros total (not as comfortable as the 7-seater)
20 in a minibus 259  euros total 

Ukraine FA confirmed Lodz in the last hour
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Grand job.

Monday-Wednesday will do for me for this one.  Been the town once before, it's not exactly a tourist spot.
On the Dublin-Lodz flight over, we were the only Irish people on it.  One the way back, there was one additional Irish person.  That should give you an indication of the level of attractions there.
There's a textile museum, and that's about it.

On the plus side, there's a a great main street, Piotrkowska, with loads of bars/restaurants with outdoor seating.  If the weather is good (which it should be), that'll be nice.

It's not a wealthy town, and has a falling population, so prices are very reasonable.

If you get bored of the centre, there's the redeveloped industrial area called Manufaktura.  It's got a shopping centre, restaurants, and a German style bierhalle.  Prices are a bit higher there, but still not high by Irish standards.  It's a pleasant area, worth a walk to if you want to see a bit more of the town.
Thanks for that, was looking to see if there was even a walking tour and don't think there is, couldn't find one.

I did find a bar called ministry of Vodka on that main street, could be a good time had there LOL
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:12pm
Are there many doing the Dublin to Stansted on the Monday flight and direct home on the wednesday?
Danger here, OH NO
poznan7 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poznan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:20pm
Anyone into warsaw chopin tuesday mornin?

Edited by poznan7 - 13 May 2022 at 1:20pm
Bring back the Holy Goalie
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Are there many doing the Dublin to Stansted on the Monday flight and direct home on the wednesday?

Thinking of this way ourselves.

What’s it like getting from modlin to Warsaw city centre ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 52>
  Share Topic