You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 49505152>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

I don't get it. Been going to aways 10 years and we've done grand without it that entire time. I don't see the need for it at all, just mindlessly dangerous sh*te.

Use your vocal cords ffs.

What's mindlessly dangerous about a smoke bomb?

The key to why they are dangerous is in the name they are a bomb, they do have an ignition trigger that sparks to ignite the substances in them to produce the smoke there is the danger they may explode if there is any chemical imbalance.

I'll also add you know more people die due to smoke inhalation during Fires then actual fire so again I'd imagine smoke bombs aren't great for your health in that case.

I'll also add you know more people die due to the the sudden stop than the actual fall

I know you're trying to be smart but it's actually true, the impact from the fall and the trauma it causes to your heart (specifically your aorta) is what actually kills you in most cases.

Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

we’ve managed up till now without flares or firebombs and their illegal in most countries and setting off flares is a criminal offence. 

I think this should discourage most people from bringing them to games home and away .

Ahh ffs we aren’t allowed to bring firebombs to a match ? This is political correctness gone mad 

What harm is there me standing with a glass milk bottle full of petrol and a lit rag ? 

This place is Maud Flanders’s central

Would you not want a break from the petrol bombs when you are on your holidays NR??
The do have recycle bins where you can put those Stella bottles instead!

The neighbours do tend to get woken up when our blue bin gets emptied Smile

Where were you in Łódź I never ran into you 

Edited by Newryrep - 22 Jun 2022 at 10:16pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 11:43pm
This thread has really brought the muppets out to play and that’s a complimentary term for them. 

A close contest but congratulations to Craiglen for winning the accolade this trip. 

10 days ago he was telling the forum he was planning on breaking stadium regulations by not printing his ticket to gain entry (so assume he was going to vault the permiter?), then starts making ridiculous accusations that lads that were arrested weren’t and having not got anywhere there he’s completed the 360 in remarkable fashion and is on the anti-flare pro-stadium regulation wagon Clap   
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:11am
Thanks, I look forward to collecting my award LOL

I printed my ticket in the end by the way.

I never said the lads weren't arrested though, that's bollocks. 

Edited by craiglen - 23 Jun 2022 at 8:12am
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:46am
I'd like to hear more about the anti-stadium regulation wagon. What do those people want?

You're only one drunken muppet with a flare away from a third degree burn and a skin graft.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:54am
The only actual danger I saw with a flare during the Ukraine game was when an Irish fan tried to grab a flare off another lad in an effort to put it out which resulted in it falling down a couple of rows of seats and nearer to a crowd of people than it was when in the first guys hand.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

The only actual danger I saw with a flare during the Ukraine game was when an Irish fan tried to grab a flare off another lad in an effort to put it out which resulted in it falling down a couple of rows of seats and nearer to a crowd of people than it was when in the first guys hand.

I would rather not be standing by a guy who has been on the beer all day with a lit flare in his hand and I would guess I woukd be in the majority 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:17am

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

we’ve managed up till now without flares or firebombs and their illegal in most countries and setting off flares is a criminal offence. 

I think this should discourage most people from bringing them to games home and away .

Ahh ffs we aren’t allowed to bring firebombs to a match ? This is political correctness gone mad 

What harm is there me standing with a glass milk bottle full of petrol and a lit rag ? 

This place is Maud Flanders’s central

Would you not want a break from the petrol bombs when you are on your holidays NR??
The do have recycle bins where you can put those Stella bottles instead!

The neighbours do tend to get woken up when our blue bin gets emptied Smile

Where were you in Łódź I never ran into you 
Didn't make it unfortunately - Had planned to go but something else came up.
Will explain to you over a beer in Scotland!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:14pm
Sounds like the lads got rightly grifted by the police. Follow the money as they say, I'd be requesting an arrest report and an official receipt for paying the fine as a starting point. 

The fact one got off having to pay as soon as he mentioned requesting consular assistance just makes it seem like a good ole shakedown. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Sounds like the lads got rightly grifted by the police. Follow the money as they say, I'd be requesting an arrest report and an official receipt for paying the fine as a starting point. 

The fact one got off having to pay as soon as he mentioned requesting consular assistance just makes it seem like a good ole shakedown. 

But they still have to pay the remainder of the fine which would be unlikely if this was a scam.
This isn't to say I'm questioning the lads - The whole things really strange and not by the letter of the law in most places. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:43pm

must be your round 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:24pm

must be your round 
Things never change for Newry's finest Embarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:08pm

must be your round 
I do believe it is!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

must be your round 
Things never change for Newry's finest Embarrassed
In fairness he bought me a pint in Copenhagen of all places! Well, I think it was destined for somebody else originally but that's beside the point!
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 8:37am

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I would rather not be standing by a guy who has been on the beer all day with a lit flare in his hand and I would guess I woukd be in the majority 

Or in his mouth.... Wink
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 2:31pm
First away in a few years for various reasons. 
One of the best imo, close crowd, good fun down the Main Street. 
Brought a flare in and let it off before kick off. 34yo asthmatic ,  I think they’re brilliant , but see both sides of the arguement. Thumbs up from me. 
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by ThrowInDelap ThrowInDelap wrote:

Brought a flare in and let it off before kick off. 34yo asthmatic ,  I think they’re brilliant , but see both sides of the arguement. Thumbs up from me. 

34 is a bit old to be doing that sort of carry on
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ThrowInDelap ThrowInDelap wrote:

Glad to see you made the trip as I heard you went AWOL in the airport before your flight to Poland LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 49505152>
  Share Topic