You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Player Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 1:26pm
super stuff thanks!
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:30pm

18 December

League 1

Anthony Forde 8.5 
MAN OF THE MATCH

Excellent going forward all game, his touch and cross for Taylor's goal was pure class. Did well against the dangerous McClean too, although he was dragged out of position for the winger's strike. 

Mark Sykes 8

Began like a man possessed and maintained that high energy start for much of the game. Some lovely link up play in tight areas.

19 December

Premier League

Ciaran Clark 3 

Horrific mix-up with Dubravka led to the first goal. Signing a new centre back has to be a priority in January.

Scottish League Cup Final

Jake Doyle-Hayes 6

Struggled to get to grips with Rogic and McGregor in the first half. 

(Liam Scales not on long enough to rate)

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:35pm
Clap

A 3 is generous for Clark, I know it was City but he was a complete shambles today.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Clap

A 3 is generous for Clark, I know it was City but he was a complete shambles today.

Why are you clapping? You're pleased Ciaran Clark was poor? I can think of only two other current or past Irish internationals who would cop such a sledge (Whelan, Hendrick). Clark is playing in a trainwreck environment after a highly politicised takeover, his teammates are similarly overrun and their immediate futures in doubt. Clark certainly has his limitations, but I doubt any current Irish CB would fare much better in such a crappy set-up against one of the best attacks in the world. So much concession is regularly and understandably granted through green-tints here - making your little gesture against Ciaran Clark cheap.   

Edited by Mr Brick - 23 Dec 2021 at 12:20pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 1:53am

Edited by Mr Brick - 23 Dec 2021 at 12:19pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:56pm
20 December

Championship

John Egan 9 

Up against Mitrovic and was excellent. Made it so hard for the Serbian. Only lost him on a couple of occasions, one when he got in behind but volleyed wide and the other in added-on time when he hit the crossbar. Other than that the striker won't have had a tougher opponent than Egan.

Enda Stevens 8 

Did well up against Wilson and the overlapping Tete. Best performance yet under Heckingbottom, did little wrong and used his experience well.

Conor Hourihane 7 

Tidied up well on the cover with the threat of Carvalho and Reed driving at the area. Has taken his chance well in recent matches.

21 December

EFL Cup

Aidan O’Brien 6

No chance to make an impression with Arsenal completely on top.

22 December

EFL Cup

Matt Doherty 7

Needed to impress and did well. Involved in the build-up to both Spurs goals and put in a couple of dangerous low crosses.

Caoimhin Kelleher 7

Good save from Daka early on but needed stronger arm to stop Vardy’s opener and caught out by Maddison’s shot from range. Decent stop to deny Dewsbury-Hall second half, though, and two fine stops in the shoot-out.

Scottish Premiership

Liam Scales 7

Continues to grow in stature in a green and white jersey and was Celtic's best performer on the night.

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:58pm
Great stuff.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

20 December

Championship

John Egan 9 

Up against Mitrovic and was excellent. Made it so hard for the Serbian. Only lost him on a couple of occasions, one when he got in behind but volleyed wide and the other in added-on time when he hit the crossbar. Other than that the striker won't have had a tougher opponent than Egan.

Enda Stevens 8 

Did well up against Wilson and the overlapping Tete. Best performance yet under Heckingbottom, did little wrong and used his experience well.

Conor Hourihane 7 

Tidied up well on the cover with the threat of Carvalho and Reed driving at the area. Has taken his chance well in recent matches.

21 December

EFL Cup

Aidan O’Brien 6

No chance to make an impression with Arsenal completely on top.

22 December

EFL Cup

Matt Doherty 7

Needed to impress and did well. Involved in the build-up to both Spurs goals and put in a couple of dangerous low crosses.

Caoimhin Kelleher 7

Good save from Daka early on but needed stronger arm to stop Vardy’s opener and caught out by Maddison’s shot from range. Decent stop to deny Dewsbury-Hall second half, though, and two fine stops in the shoot-out.

Scottish Premiership

Liam Scales 7

Continues to grow in stature in a green and white jersey and was Celtic's best performer on the night.

Football London gave him 6. They're always remiss to give him any praise.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 8:09pm
26/12/21

Premier League

Adam Idah 3

Came on with the score at 3-0 but could not provide much threat in attack for Norwich.

Championship

Richard Keogh 5

Slotted into middle of back three after coming on.

Scottish Premiership

Jake Doyle-Hayes 7

A composed display from the former St Mirren man in the middle who is a real asset to this side.

Aaron McEneff 8

Thriving off getting more opportunities and worked well in tandem with McKay and Woodburn. Was a surprise to see him go off so early as he was playing so well, but may have been about trying to protect him.

Liam Scales 7

Afforded more licence to get forward at wing-back. Looks increasingly comfortable in a Hoops shirt.

James McCarthy 6

Promising performance. Superb pressing to win possession for Celtic's opener and always looked to get on the ball.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 11:17pm
26/12/21

League 1

Warren O'Hora 6

Recovered from his fourth minute own goal but made some uncharacteristic mistakes.

Peter Kioso 6.5

Not really utilised with the ball at his feet but always popped up in the box as another attacking threat. Headed just wide in the first half and played a key role in the winner.

Troy Parrott 7

Excellent when he came on for the last half an hour. Always made space, looked eager to take players on and did so with a lot of success.

27/12/21

Championship

Jayson Molumby 7 (Star Man)

Played with energy and a positive mind-set as he drove forwards when on the ball. Produced the pass of the match to play Furlong in before the break, only for that opening to be snuffed out. Took his chance back in the starting line up.

Callum Robinson 3

Started as the leader of the line, and then got pushed out wide into a role he should favour more, but Robinson was toothless here. One or two nice touches, but worryingly little otherwise. When presented with a very good opening, he lacked the killer instinct.

Taylor Gardner-Hickman (for Furlong 75) - Not on long enough to rate.

Festy Ebosele 7

Started at right wing-back where he struggled to get into the game. Switched to the left during the first half. Got better and more involved as the game unfolded.

Jason Knight 7

Saw a rising drive sail high and wide early on, on the receiving end of a hefty challenge form former Rams defender Matt Clarke. Ouch! Typical graft.

Eiran Cashin (for Ebosele, 87) - Not on long enough to rate.

Mark Travers 6

A calmer, quieter 90 minutes than what Travers has been accustomed to recently, An indication of how well his concentration levels currently are, in the second half, Travers rushed out well to smother a dangerous ball over the top. The decision to charge off his line was fraught with risk, but he was decisive in his actions and confident.

His shot stopping ability may have received plaudits over the last month, but his temperament continues to be excellent.

Jimmy Dunne 7

Stuck to the task against a dangerous Cherries attack. Shaky on the ball on occasions but overall he did well.

Edited by You Tell Me - 28 Dec 2021 at 10:34am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 5:23pm
28/12/21

Matt Doherty 5

Came on for the second half on the left and challenged Forster for a Winks ball and the keeper knocked it into his own net. A foul was given against the Irishman when Forster never had it under control.

He then was denied by the keeper soon after Son put him through. Kept having to cut inside on his right foot which did him no favours. He did show some good footwork to set up Gil for a late chance. 

Shane Long 6.5

It was a bright start from Shane Long, who almost opened the scoring with a glancing header after only five minutes. He was, however, far too static at times. He was replaced after 70 minutes.

Adam Idah 3

Had a glancing header deflected wide but faced the same lack of service Teemu Pukki has had in recent weeks.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

28/12/21

Matt Doherty 5

Came on for the second half on the left and challenged Forster for a Winks ball and the keeper knocked it into his own net. A foul was given against the Irishman when Forster never had it under control.

He then was denied by the keeper soon after Son put him through. Kept having to cut inside on his right foot which did him no favours. He did show some good footwork to set up Gil for a late chance. 

Shane Long 6.5

It was a bright start from Shane Long, who almost opened the scoring with a glancing header after only five minutes. He was, however, far too static at times. He was replaced after 70 minutes.

Adam Idah 3

Had a glancing header deflected wide but faced the same lack of service Teemu Pukki has had in recent weeks.

LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 28 Dec 2021 at 5:28pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 5:34pm
Here's another one for Doherty because Alasdair Gold at Football London does seem to have it in for him a bit...

Matt Doherty (Reguilon, 45’) 7

Added energy in the second-half and nearly scored after bursting into the box, only to finish unconvincingly. Had further chances and also made a late chance for Bryan Gil.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 8:39pm
I would rate Doherty higher tbh, most of their attacks came down his side. He's actually a good crosser of the ball from the left.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 9:11pm
I think he plays better on the left coming in on his right, was excellent there against Portugal away probably his best game for us.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 11:18pm
29/12/21

Championship

Richard Keogh 7 

Did well to manage the ball in behind on the turn and marshalled the defence generally well.

Darragh Lenihan 8

Aggressive, assertive and on the front-foot throughout, as we've come to expect with recent performances. And my word, he was dropping diagonals like a prime Tom Brady. By the end of the contest he was impeccable; nothing could get past him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 11:32pm
Lenihan had a rocky start for us against the USA but he's more than worthy of a second look with this kind of sustained form. 

He's unfortunate that we have such strong competition there.

Not often there's a player of that standard who can't get a look in at all.

Maybe Chris McCann, Owen Garvan and Paddy McCarthy the last few.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Lenihan had a rocky start for us against the USA but he's more than worthy of a second look with this kind of sustained form. 

He's unfortunate that we have such strong competition there.

Not often there's a player of that standard who can't get a look in at all.

Maybe Chris McCann, Owen Garvan and Paddy McCarthy the last few.
Apparently was carrying an injury during that debut- it clearly has held him back a bit though as he looked way short of required quality on the night. Would expect him to sneak into next squad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic