The 'A' League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 'A' League
    Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I remember playing out in Ballyglass years ago, they had a great pitch it was like carpet, best pitch Ive ever played on. I dont know what its like now but if a small club like them can get their pitch sorted I dont why other clubs cant. The Sportsground is an absolute joke to be fair and it really doesnt help Westport with the type of football we play

Like a carpet?? It's alright in Ballyglass. One of the better ones in fairness. Love the goals they have too, with the two posts behind and the nets tied up like in LR Clap 

Milebush is absolutely class, but they invest heavily on a pitch with very few games. So it should be class! Although the groundsmen they have are excellent.

Our pitch is a proper pitch, in other words not just a field! We need to invest more in it though because it gets cut up way too easily this time of year. Right now it's not great, but with some dry weather and hopefully heat it could improve. Needs to be seeded and sanded though and that needs proper investment. Between now and next March there will be:

3 Junior teams
Under 18s team
2 Under 17s teams
2 Under 16s teams
2 Under 15s
2 under 14s
Under 13s
2 Under 12s (maybe 3)

Senior Women
Under 18, 17, 16, 15 and 14 girls teams.

That's a hell of a lot of use. It needs serious maintainance, as well as the astro.

Mayo League in general is only mediocre for pitches. But instead of them bringing in rules about managers doing the Senior Intro course (which should have been done long ago) and getting clubs to get press boxes in () they should sort out the standard of pitches in the league.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:44am
I remember playing out in Ballyglass years ago, they had a great pitch it was like carpet, best pitch Ive ever played on. I dont know what its like now but if a small club like them can get their pitch sorted I dont why other clubs cant. The Sportsground is an absolute joke to be fair and it really doesnt help Westport with the type of football we play
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

Sound...have family down in westport so if we go there this summer (might not have a family wedding in america to go to) will defo get to a westport game, maybe a celtic one depending on the days etc. Thumbs%20Up

Try to time it for a Celtic - Westport game. It'll be the first proper derby in 3 years Clap Always a good bite to those games. But you'll see better football at Celtic. Purely because of the state of Westport's pitch

The Sportsground has the finest pitch in Mayo Ill have you know Mark LOL

Looking forward to these two games again next season Clap

God I'd hate to see the state of it now, I saw it in the Summer and it was awful

First thing's first, if we're gonna have a proper Mayo League, pitches HAVE to be miles better!!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 6:23pm

Sound...have family down in westport so if we go there this summer (might not have a family wedding in america to go to) will defo get to a westport game, maybe a celtic one depending on the days etc. Thumbs%20Up

Try to time it for a Celtic - Westport game. It'll be the first proper derby in 3 years Clap Always a good bite to those games. But you'll see better football at Celtic. Purely because of the state of Westport's pitch

The Sportsground has the finest pitch in Mayo Ill have you know Mark LOL

Looking forward to these two games again next season Clap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:42am

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 10:38am
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 8:49am
We've pulled out of this UCD. There were certain reasons we had no choice to pull out. But I think it's a blessing in disguise, personally. We aren't a senior club. We have too many youth teams to look after to be a serious senior side. We don't have enough support. The financial commitment is just too big. We need to steady the ship first and then see where we are in 2 years For now, I want to see us winning Mayo Leagues, Cups, have a run in the Junior Cup, the COnnacht Cup etc. It's what we're about. We're a junior club!!

We gave it a go at least
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 2:24pm
What's the story Mark?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:46pm

Celtic will take part in this again next year...

Actually we won't
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 1:48pm
Celtic will take part in this again next year...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:32am
Fair play Clap
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 2:53pm
I haven't seen a huge amount of them but on the whole they do, many of them have played in the first team aswell.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 6:14pm
Your 'A' team play the same brand of football as your seniors?
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 11:19am
We won 2-1 MayoMark

got them back for beating us in the U-20s
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:53pm
Bohs A are a serious team, one of the best I've seen play at Celtic Park.

Salthill beat Cobh
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 11:23am

UCD A take on Bohemians A in the final of the A championship . The game kicks off at 7:45 on Monday night in the UCD bowl.

PaddyBurke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 3:57pm
1st Division/A League promotion/relegation play-off will be between Cobh Ramblers(A League) and Salthill Devon(1st Division). The dates are currently Tuesday Nov. 2nd for the 1st leg at Colmans Park and Monday Nov. 8th for the 2nd leg at The Drom. Them dates could be changed but they are the dates atm.
PaddyBurke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 10:00am
Wonder will any new teams enter. Werent Portlaoise denyed a lience in 08. I'm sure they said they'd try again in a few years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic