You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Qatar 2022 accommodations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qatar 2022 accommodations
    Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 11:35pm
Know the Eire won’t be there, but anyone else planning on going to the World Cup? If so, has anyone booked accommodations yet?
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 11:49pm
I'm hoping to get there myself, especially if I can get any match tickets but I would be more concerned about the cost of accommodation. 

With all the host stadiums being relatively close to each other this time, it means that fans of all 32 qualifying countries (plus God knows how many others) are going to be staying in the same area at the same time which is bound to drive up the cost of accommodation. Ouch
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 12:30am
Anyone that goes to the World Cup is legitimising the regime and the process by which they were awarded the World Cup. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 12:49am
If Ireland had of qualified I still wouldn't go. Scum country and the tournament is built on modern day slavery. 

Just bear in mind if you do go that in the hotel some of the hotel staff are paid less than €1per hour, have to work every day and up to 14 hours a day while their passports are taken. They just hide behind oh we are using contractors for staff we don't know what's going on wink wink FIFA

So enjoy sipping on your poolside beers over there 
It would damage this forums' reputation
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:14am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Know the Eire won’t be there, but anyone else planning on going to the World Cup? If so, has anyone booked accommodations yet?

It has been very difficult to book anything.  Everything is being centralised.

I booked a few nights on vrbo in the summer but when I contacted the place to try and join the gaps they cancelled my booking.  Vrbo are useless aka AirBnB and 100% allow the owners to cancel resell etc.

I have a booking on expedia for some of the nights I want but not a lot of confidence in it.    

They say there will be a bed for every ticket holder.  It is worth signing up here but too early to get anything on it

Time will tell but I don't believe it will be one big ripoff aka South Africa.  It is more of the Russian model of showcasing the country and ensuring as little price gouging as possible.  

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:37am
Can't remember if what I read was correct but seem to remember they have 143k hotel rooms for 1 million visitors?

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Can't remember if what I read was correct but seem to remember they have 143k hotel rooms for 1 million visitors?

That wouldn’t surprise me.
I wonder if they will try and get a load of cruise ships to try and help them out. All the top hotels will be reserved for the teams and FIFA officials. 

It’s a long bus journey to UAE.

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:53am
Found this, going to be a nightmare for travelling fans unless they are pitching a 2 man tent in the desert.

The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, which is the Qatari body organising the tournament (rather than an invention of the BBC comedy W1A), expects 1.5 million visitors during the World Cup.

In 2019, Qatar had 35,000 hotel rooms – but the Qatari government says it is adding 105 new hotels and serviced apartments, and says there will be more than 100,000. To put the number in context, though, that will still be fewer than the city of Sochi – just one of the dozen venues for the Russia 2018 World Cup.

Some supporters will be able to camp in the desert, in what’s called “Fan Village desert camping” while others will find cabins aboard cruise ships moored in Qatar for the event

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:41pm
At least 6,500 deaths, that we know of. Stadiums built on the bones of the dead, of people who were lied to, indentured and worked to death.

You're an appallingly soulless individual if you decide to go to this tournament. God help you.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

At least 6,500 deaths, that we know of. Stadiums built on the bones of the dead, of people who were lied to, indentured and worked to death.

You're an appallingly soulless individual if you decide to go to this tournament. God help you.

Ffs give it a rest
They've only gone and done it
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 5:24pm
Is he wrong? Dunno how anyone could justify going to it. 
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Is he wrong? Dunno how anyone could justify going to it. 

I'm trying to justify watching it.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Ffs give it a rest

Give it a rest??? Ah here. People like you are the reason FIFA are getting away with this World Cup shambles.

How can you not give a single sh*t about fellow human beings all in the name of corruption and greed?

Humanity aside, do you really want future tournaments to go to sh*tholes like Qatar? Because if this is in any way a success it will become a regular occurrence.

Nobody should be contemplating attending this and I highly suggest not watching it on TV either, the only way they can be hurt now is a hit in revenue.

Its a massive pity this didnt take the hit of the pandemic last year instead of the Euros.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 5:53pm
And an irony will be the same workers will be bussed from their desert camps to fill the seats that can’t be filled.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:26pm

Ffs give it a rest
Wow
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:36pm

Ffs give it a rest
shameful post
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:58pm
Even if we had qualified I wouldn't have gone to it. How people can say "give it a rest" in response to people highlighting the abuses of people's human rights over there is beyond me. But sure it's grand, it's all the way over there and it's only poor people that have died.
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 8:14pm
My comment was directed at calling Gary an appalling soulless individual for going to the tournament. He has been invited there, he is a football fan all the best to him and I hope he enjoys it. Not often you get to go to a World Cup, especially when you support us.
They've only gone and done it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic