You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone get Covid in Luxembourg?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
So the antigen tests are only useful if you don't have symptoms?
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Yeah that’s my understanding of them anyway. They’re for symptom free people to allow them some normality if going out & about. 
If symptomatic a PCR is needed 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:37am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah that’s my understanding of them anyway. They’re for symptom free people to allow them some normality if going out & about. 

Thanks. I done 2x antigen tests that came up negative but knew something wasn't right and got the PCR which was positive. Done 3 antigen tests since coming home from Luxembourg and all negative but no symptoms.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 22 Nov 2021 at 10:38am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:52am

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Thanks. I done 2x antigen tests that came up negative but knew something wasn't right and got the PCR which was positive. Done 3 antigen tests since coming home from Luxembourg and all negative but no symptoms.

You’ll only get a positive antigen test while being COVID positive when you’re at your most infectious afaik
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:59am
Have had a does since getting back, like most put it down to a 4/5 session but didn't go away and started coughing on Thursday. PCR done over the weekend and back negative so just a cold like most.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 1:29pm
on antibiotics and still not right . Had to cancel booster shot for tomorrow f**k it anyways. Pubs at home are actually getting messier if that’s possible so not going out until after Christmas.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:19pm
2 of our lads tested positive there this morning, they both had mild symptoms from mid week on wards and were isolating at home as a precaution. Both double jabbed too. They reckon it was the bus over there.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

on antibiotics and still not right . Had to cancel booster shot for tomorrow f**k it anyways. Pubs at home are actually getting messier if that’s possible so not going out until after Christmas.
And will get worse as each day goes by as folk know a lock-down is on the way.
OohAhh View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 4:33pm
2 lads I know tested positive. one on Friday and one on Sunday. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

i wouldn’t be trusting the antigens at all, I know people who’ve been sick taking them every day and they’re not showing up as positive until the 4th/5th day after being negative all along. Can see why government don’t want them being used. 

They only show if you are infectious. A proper campaign on how they should be used would be worthwhile 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
The hse have said all along Antigen tests are useless if you have symptoms yet people still use them. 
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm

The hse have said all along Antigen tests are useless if you have symptoms yet people still use them. 

One of the top epidemiologists in the world says they are one of the best weapons in this fight. 
We neèd a proper campaign in how to use them instead of the shouting from NPHET 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:38pm

LOLLOL Crystal clear alright. “Snake oil” 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:40pm
how does this work? If everyone was vaccinated, shouldn’t it be rare to get a breakthrough case where maybe 1-2 people would get it, but not this amount of people? 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

how does this work? If everyone was vaccinated, shouldn’t it be rare to get a breakthrough case where maybe 1-2 people would get it, but not this amount of people? 

The vaccine main focus it to stop severe covid, so break through cases are possible but the infection shouldn’t be as bad as if the person was unvaccinated. Less hospitalisations, ICU etc.

Edited by VanBosch - 22 Nov 2021 at 6:50pm
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 6:51pm
one lad from our group got it aswell. He’s fine tho
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
kenaneym View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenaneym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm
to give some background on mine, I got back from Lux on Monday had symptoms Wednesday, tested Thursday and was positive PCR Friday, strangely I then on Sunday received a notification through the covid app that I was a close contact of someone who tested positive on Monday 15th Confused 

Which doesn’t make sense as that person would have had to test the day or two previous but I’d been in Luxembourg since the Friday and was at the Portugal game the Thursday

Perhaps I didn’t pick it up in Luxembourg and it had been In my system dormant until my immune system was low after all the booze then kicked in? 

Completely floored since symptoms started! 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by kenaneym kenaneym wrote:

to give some background on mine, I got back from Lux on Monday had symptoms Wednesday, tested Thursday and was positive PCR Friday, strangely I then on Sunday received a notification through the covid app that I was a close contact of someone who tested positive on Monday 15th Confused 

Which doesn’t make sense as that person would have had to test the day or two previous but I’d been in Luxembourg since the Friday and was at the Portugal game the Thursday

Perhaps I didn’t pick it up in Luxembourg and it had been In my system dormant until my immune system was low after all the booze then kicked in? 

Completely floored since symptoms started! 

It can kick in at any stage of a 2 week period, thats why the isolation period is 14 days.

Some develop symptoms after 2-3 days, others can be as late as 13-14.

When I caught it earlier in the year I started to feel it within 3 days of being a close contact but my close contact didnt feel it until well over a week later and thought they were in the clear.

Look after yourself anyway hopefully it wont be too bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic