You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup Final 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/fai-cup-final-2-5610370-Nov2021/

Brilliant article. 

It's excellent.

Has to be said, there's been some brilliant articles covering both teams over the last few days.

Press coverage has been superb, great to see
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm
Not sure who i would like to win today , but if i had to choose Bohs maybe 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 2:40pm
may the best team win. Plenty of talent on show. Hopefully it’s a good game and showcases the league well. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not sure who i would like to win today , but if i had to choose Bohs maybe 
The only consolation for me is that one of them loses......but as the game approaches I think I'll favour......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 4:41pm
Shocking carry on between both sets of fans doing the rounds on WhatsApp.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:19pm
cracking goal for Pats from Chris Forrester.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm
smashing equaliser for Bohs, bullet header from a corner by Feely
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Shocking carry on between both sets of fans doing the rounds on WhatsApp.
What's been happening? 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:43pm
From the videos doing the rounds, it would appear that Bohs fans all clad in black with masks attacked Pats fans outside the Irishtown House Pub. Flares, bottles and glasses thrown and a few punches and kicks for good measure.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:52pm
There won't be a syringe unused in Inchicore tonight!

Man of the match for me was yer man in the green and white shirt

Edited by Trap junior - 28 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

From the videos doing the rounds, it would appear that Bohs fans all clad in black with masks attacked Pats fans outside the Irishtown House Pub. Flares, bottles and glasses thrown and a few punches and kicks for good measure.
The Community Cub

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 28 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:26pm
Congrats to Pat's.
Lots of missed placed passes. Pat's a bit more organised.

Good goals.
2 great chances for Bohs at the end of extra time.
Shocking peno after Talbot's save. Goalie would have saved it if it was even going in.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:34pm
Congrats To Pat's on the cup win.
Commiserations to Bohs on the loss.
Enjoyable match.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 8:44pm
absolutely down after that, but, well done pats, a very exciting second half and extra time . That keeper pulled off a few great stops. Stephen o Donnell showing a touch of class at the end, going over to our players before heading on to celebrate, top manClap
No Pasaran!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

absolutely down after that, but, well done pats, a very exciting second half and extra time . That keeper pulled off a few great stops. Stephen o Donnell showing a touch of class at the end, going over to our players before heading on to celebrate, top manClap
Pens, awful way to lose a final. Thought Pat's took the initiative early on and didnt really let it go until the second period of extra time. Bohs could have won it at the death, and when getting ahead in the shoot out. Very good season for Pat's overall 2nd in the league and cup win. Poor end to the season for Bohs despite a lot of promise. Any question marks about Long, finishing behind Sligo and Derry, and no european money really good enough ? Next season will be difficult for Pat's to emulate, a high standard set by SOD.
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:27pm
don't  think bohs should feel they should be finishing  above  sligo or Derry necessarily   league  form was poor overall and the euro wins masked that a bit and of course if we had won today it would have been a good year .Bohs budget  while a bit bigger than a couple of seasons ago is still not enough to really compete  at the top  we would need a he'll of a lot of luck to be in the first 3 or 4 .With players moving around so easily it is very difficult to build a squad without a sizeable budget .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Rolling boh Rolling boh wrote:

don't  think bohs should feel they should be finishing  above  sligo or Derry necessarily   league  form was poor overall and the euro wins masked that a bit and of course if we had won today it would have been a good year .Bohs budget  while a bit bigger than a couple of seasons ago is still not enough to really compete  at the top  we would need a he'll of a lot of luck to be in the first 3 or 4 .With players moving around so easily it is very difficult to build a squad without a sizeable budget .
From the outside, when I see how Bohs performances against Rovers, I find some of their other results baffling to be honest.Does make me question their motivation in some games. Beating Waterford in cup semi and then losing to them a few days later in the league...the league defeat cost them europe and the cup win ultimately meant nowt...

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 28 Nov 2021 at 9:46pm
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:49pm
think we could have done with a few experienced  heads in some matches lost a lot of points in the closing stages of games this year   a surprise  for me this year was the form of Georgie kelly     when we lost him today I definitely  felt the odds on pats shortened  though we will never know  but he was our best chance to score I felt .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic