You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Kelleher

Egan Duffy Collins
Doherty Knight Omadimiele  Stevens
       Mc Grath    Ogbene 
                Keane
Welcome back Robbie!
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:25pm
Game Will be a sell out 

Edited by 9fingers - 11 Oct 2021 at 4:25pm
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Got my email from TicketMaster earlier with me tickets and it clearly states:

Y O U R   T I C K E T S   A R E   A T T A C H E D.
* THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY *
Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y

So now I have to track down a printer?

I used the tickets on the phone for the Serbia match so am not sure what is different.
Anyone else have this issue?

you can print for free in your local library even if you're not a member
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
This is capped at 25k capacity?
Are the november games back to a full house?
It would damage this forums' reputation
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

This is capped at 25k capacity?
Are the november games back to a full house?

Yeah it's 50% capacity until October 22nd and think they'll be at full capacity for Novembers game against Portugal.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
Holy sh*t, have we actually sold a lot of tickets here? Just had a look on ticketmaster for the craic and there are a load of sections gone! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Holy sh*t, have we actually sold a lot of tickets here? Just had a look on ticketmaster for the craic and there are a load of sections gone! 

Dan McDonnell said on Twitter about an hour ago that there are only 300 left 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

That’s unbelievable. I genuinely thought there’d be less than 10,000 at it!

Just shows, bar the few depressants around there, there seems to be a bit of a buzz/excitement starting to build with Kenny and this group of players (despite the sh** results). 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:49pm
Wow! That is genuinely unbelievable! I thought 10-15k absolute max as well! 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:58pm
I put it out there as 20-25 thousand before i knew there was a limit so i was bang in. Just saying LOL
I love beer gardens
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:16pm
I would have said 12,000 to be honest , hummm didn't see that one at all .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:30pm
Was admittedly way off myself, I thought 10-15k tops.

Suppose the price point paid a very big part in sales plus the fact that a lot of casual fans haven't been able to attend games of any kind for the guts of 2 years.

Goes to show what a more competent FAI board can do that its tune with the general public.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:38pm
I wonder how many got tickets for this too in hope of getting tickets for Portugal game and a chance to see their hero play
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I wonder how many got tickets for this too in hope of getting tickets for Portugal game and a chance to see their hero play

Precisely...Angry
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
But sure how could that get them access to the Portugal game? To be honest I thought they'd do a double header to sell tickets but obviously that wasn't at all necessary

I think the general public maybe, just maybe, want to watch Ireland play again! 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm
18k at the Bulgaria and New Zealand friendlies 2 years back, I would have expected similar. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

that’s great news - a few things at play possibly - team winning, folk desperate to see a game after the long wait, maybe African community might be more attracted to support the team, no rain forecast.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:47am
I wouldn't be making a huge amount of changes to the team tbh. Some of them could do with the minutes, and it would disrupt the momentum that has been built. It's a friendly, but maintaining the momentum will be important.

I'd be more in favour of the likes of Collins, Connolly, Keane, etc coming on later in the game, rather than being thrown in from the start.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
  Share Topic