You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

the jersey last night grew on me the more i seen it but it would look better if the Umbro logo was in white as you cant really see it in blue.

Thats was the whole point as they didn't have brand logos 100 years ago!

Pity they didnt go one step further and go for the old fabric stitched numbers instead of the modern printed ones.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

the jersey last night grew on me the more i seen it but it would look better if the Umbro logo was in white as you cant really see it in blue.

Thats was the whole point as they didn't have brand logos 100 years ago!

Pity they didnt go one step further and go for the old fabric stitched numbers instead of the modern printed ones.

Oh was it? I see. I was wondering why did they have it blue aswell. That explains it so Thumbs Up
I love beer gardens
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

For me there was almost a bit of a swagger to us tonight. Passing backheels Hendrick trying them at one stage. 

Kelleher - Is well ahead of Bazunu in distribution. Also came for a corner comfortably Bazunu is still learning to command his box a bit. Distribution is elite. A couple of times he split 2 or 3 Qatar players with passes. just opens the pitch up.  Bazunu first choice but what a goalkeeping situation.

Overall a great night confidence boosting win. Portugal is a huge test as they will come here up for it. They need to win. We have momentum the crowd behind us and a bit of expectation now. Big test for us but we can hold our own I think. Theres something coming together but important we get that win against Luxembourg and give Portugal a bit of stick at least. 

If Kelleher gets the Portugal game, we should get at least a point, because he's a class goalkeeper who finds ways to keep the ball out of the net that others don't. If we play the a League 2 keeper who kept one clean sheet for us in 6 months, who has already leaked 2 to Portugal, the chances of getting the point are reduced. Even Andorra found a way past him.

It's our biggest win in years against a side who would be third in the group if their results counted, but it's hilarious how Kenny's biggest critics telling us how incompetent he is and that he needs to go after every single game, are now demanding assessment at the end of the campaign, so he gets the chance to lose in Luxembourg for them. 

Personally I would have renewed it months ago, so he can continue the work that has to be done, and is starting to see green shoots. Especially before Steve Bruce is sacked and he becomes the bookies favourite to get the job, to rip up the transition and get us back to hoofball. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

For me there was almost a bit of a swagger to us tonight. Passing backheels Hendrick trying them at one stage. 

Kelleher - Is well ahead of Bazunu in distribution. Also came for a corner comfortably Bazunu is still learning to command his box a bit. Distribution is elite. A couple of times he split 2 or 3 Qatar players with passes. just opens the pitch up.  Bazunu first choice but what a goalkeeping situation.

Overall a great night confidence boosting win. Portugal is a huge test as they will come here up for it. They need to win. We have momentum the crowd behind us and a bit of expectation now. Big test for us but we can hold our own I think. Theres something coming together but important we get that win against Luxembourg and give Portugal a bit of stick at least. 

If Kelleher gets the Portugal game, we should get at least a point, because he's a class goalkeeper who finds ways to keep the ball out of the net that others don't. If we play the a League 2 keeper who kept one clean sheet for us in 6 months, who has already leaked 2 to Portugal, the chances of getting the point are reduced. Even Andorra found a way past him.

It's our biggest win in years against a side who would be third in the group if their results counted, but it's hilarious how Kenny's biggest critics telling us how incompetent he is and that he needs to go after every single game, are now demanding assessment at the end of the campaign, so he gets the chance to lose in Luxembourg for them. 

Personally I would have renewed it months ago, so he can continue the work that has to be done, and is starting to see green shoots. Especially before Steve Bruce is sacked and he becomes the bookies favourite to get the job, to rip up the transition and get us back to hoofball. 

Do you post under different aliases and forget which one you're posting under sometimes?
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 6:20pm
Not sure how you can say Kelleher distribution is better from last nights game, he made a couple of 5 yard passes. The one time he cam under a little bit of pressure he gave it away. The corner had no other player challenging for it so was fairly easy.

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:44pm

Wow you're a proper grade A clown
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:14am

Literally everything in this post is nuts. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic