You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

What has my personal disdain for the corrupt scumbag Qatari regime got to do with anything?

I obviously support my team and want them to do well and to go and build on tonights performance in preparation for future games. Whether I attend or watch it bares no relevance on that.

So you won't come to support Ireland because of who they're playing? that's a new one.. 

I presume you also didn't watch the game against Saudi Arabia in 2002, and that you boycotted friendlies against the imperial aggressors USA and England.. I imagine you also boycotted our games against France as a result of their treatment of muslim women.. 

I'm amazed you get to watch a match at all... 

I think most people would say that supporters would either attend or watch the games of the team they support.. 
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
Look I understand it. It's a fair enough stance to take. I had no interest in a world cup in Qatar. Its grotesque and has proven to be as such

But I have no objection to them having a football team. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:36pm
.......................Kelleher
....Omobamidele...Collins...Scales
Doherty...Cullen...Knight...McClean(c)
...........Robinson....McGrath
...................Parrott

Edited by tonyjaa - 10 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:26pm
Kelleher
Doherty Omobamidele Duffy Egan McClean
Cullen Hendrick McGrath
Robinson Parrott

Thinking Kelleher, McGrath and Parrott will come into the team.

Possible that Stevens, Knight and Connolly will play also.

Edited by johnvonp - 10 Oct 2021 at 9:27pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Stick with the 3-4-2-1
1) Kelleher - Every bit as big a prospect as Bazunu, deserves a start, shouldnt weaken us at all
2) Doherty - Needs game time given lack of minutes at club level. Christie the only option
3) Stevens - Mc Clean justified his selection, but worth giving Enda a runout, shouldnt weaken us
4) N. Collins - Omabamidele gave an assured performance, but Collins deserves a spin out
5) Duffy
6) Egan - Stick with the two stalwarts
7) ??????? - I'd probably rest Cullen, he's cemented his place, but we should have a look at options
8) Hendrick - I'd give Jeff another spin, needs the game time
9) Parrott/Keane/Collins - Give Idah a rest and let's see do we have anyone else that can play that #9 role
10) Robinson (Connolly) - Give Aaron a 30 minute run out 2nd half
11) Mc Grath (Ogbene) - Mc Grath deserves a start, give Ogbene another spin off the bench

Idah Dream!
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:03am
                    Kelleher
               Egan Duffy Collins
       Doherty Cullen Knight Stevens
           Ogbene Parrott Connolly
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:35am
Anyone not able to transfer tickets to another person for this?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
Kelleher and Collins are the obvious two I'd like to see. Kelleher just as much a prospect as Bazunu and we should have another new cap in Collins touchwood especially as an injury to Omobamidele Egan Duffy in the meantime he will have to be thrown in. 

Id also love to see Scales given a run out at LWB. McClean was good Saturday credit where it's due but football didn't start Saturday he's still been a liability in recent games coming on against Portugal and Azerbaijan at home chief. Stevens hasn't kicked a ball under Kenny been very poor fair if others think he deserves a run out but I'd love to see fresh blood in this position with a long term view (Euro qualifiers). Scales and Bagan are that obvious fresh blood.

Finally give Keane a run from the start. That might contradict the view above but Collins unless he's coming off the bench ain't it.  We have no Idah type target man. Also as we need goals Im not as bothered about taking a short term view with attackers (Robinson Keane). Parrott Connolly and Idah could and possibly will all be better then the two above in time. I'd leave Parrott with the 21s just to give them a bit of star quality.

Kelleher
           Collins Duffy Egan
Doherty.                          Scales
                 Cullen Knight
                     McGrath
               Keane Robinson

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:23pm
I wouldn't change a lot. Try to tweak the team for the next qualifier. 

Knight if fit instead of Hendrick. 

I would stick with Idah to try and get him off the mark. He was poor the last day. Looked like he lacked energy and that can often happen if you are recovering from a fever. he was reactive rather than proactive on the pitch and his hold up play was terrible. 

Someone instead of Horgan. He was terrible on Saturday.

If Stevens is an option instead of Mcclean i would try him also. (Mclean was vg on Saturday)

Really think we need to bed down our team at this stage.

Second half we can throw on the subs.
It's not me it's you:-)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:45pm
Important to see if N. Collins is up to it, he's next in line with O'Shea out, if anything happens to the 3 currently in possession. I'd have given Manning a run at LWB, just to have a look, but I think I'd wait with Scales until he gets some first team minutes at Celtic under his belt.

Kelleher must start also and I'd like to see Knight get a run out as one of the two in CM either for Cullen (could be due a rest) or Hendrick (might benefit from another run out). We still haven't seen him play there for Ireland and I want to see if he has the tactical discipline to play there, as I dont trust Molumby there at all and the other options like Hourihane and Arter aren't inspiring. 

I think we also have to look at another option for Idah in the #9 position. It would be nice to win the game, but there are a few areas of the pitch where we need to have a look at the options available. Who knows who will be available come November? e.g. If Cullen or Idah were out for that one, it's unclear to me who would replace them, now is the time to have a look. The result in this game is secondary imo, but obviously a win would be most welcome so there is a balance, but imo at a minimum, Kelleher, N. Collins and Knight (in the CM 2) should definitely start and we should also have a look at somebody else in Idah's position, probably either Keane or Parrott as I think we know what Collins offers.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 1:32pm
Kelleher/Travers

Omobamidele Duffy Egan

Doherty Knight Cullen Stevens

Robinson McGrath

Parrott

Give Kelleher and Travers a half each, replace Hendrick with Knight and start McGrath and Parrott over Horgan and Idah.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 1:59pm
Got my email from TicketMaster earlier with me tickets and it clearly states:

Y O U R   T I C K E T S   A R E   A T T A C H E D.
* THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY *
Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y

So now I have to track down a printer?

I used the tickets on the phone for the Serbia match so am not sure what is different.
Anyone else have this issue?

PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y

I used the tickets on the phone for the Serbia match so am not sure what is different.

Are you in the South Stand? That seemed to be the case for previous games. 
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:23pm
     Kelleher

Egan Duffy Collins
Doherty Knight Hendrick   Stevens
       Mc Grath
Ogbene  Connolly

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Yep, Block 514.
Have found a lad with a printer so will go old-school to the match with paper-tickets in hand.

Cheers.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

<t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Y O U R   T I C K E T S   A R E   A T T A C H E D.</span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"></span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">* THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY *</span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"></span></td></tr></t></table><t></t><t></t><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr><td align="left" style="font-family: Roboto, RobotoDraft, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px;"><span style="line-height: 1; font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Y O U   M U S T   D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D   B R I N G   Y O U R   T I C K E T S   F O R   E N T R Y</span></td></tr></t></table>

Yep, Block 514.
Have found a lad with a printer so will go old-school to the match with paper-tickets in hand.

Cheers.

No email for me and I'm in the South Stand and have my e-ticket on the Ticketmaster App. QR code
Danger here, OH NO
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Kelleher and Collins are the obvious two I'd like to see. Kelleher just as much a prospect as Bazunu and we should have another new cap in Collins touchwood especially as an injury to Omobamidele Egan Duffy in the meantime he will have to be thrown in. 

Id also love to see Scales given a run out at LWB. McClean was good Saturday credit where it's due but football didn't start Saturday he's still been a liability in recent games coming on against Portugal and Azerbaijan at home chief. Stevens hasn't kicked a ball under Kenny been very poor fair if others think he deserves a run out but I'd love to see fresh blood in this position with a long term view (Euro qualifiers). Scales and Bagan are that obvious fresh blood.

Finally give Keane a run from the start. That might contradict the view above but Collins unless he's coming off the bench ain't it.  We have no Idah type target man. Also as we need goals Im not as bothered about taking a short term view with attackers (Robinson Keane). Parrott Connolly and Idah could and possibly will all be better then the two above in time. I'd leave Parrott with the 21s just to give them a bit of star quality.

Kelleher
           Collins Duffy Egan
Doherty.                          Scales
                 Cullen Knight
                     McGrath
               Keane Robinson

I do think your point re dropping Parrott down to the U-21s for the next window has some merit tbh. We had 9 or 10 lads in this squad vying for the front 3 positions this time around - Knight, Mc Grath, Horgan, Ogbene, Collins, Keane, Idah, Parrott, Connolly, Robinson (you could even throw Mc Clean in there). That's too many imo especially in a 2 game window. 

The U21s next window is critical - Sweden and Italy both at home and they sorely lack a striker despite looking pretty competitive elsewhere on the pitch. If everyone else is fit for the seniors and he's not planning on playing Parrott vs Portugal/Luxembourg, then I think it would be reasonable to give him a couple of starts in what will be competitive games (particularly if the U21s can beat Montenegro away tmw). I'm not picking on Parrott at all btw, it's just that he's the youngest, looks to still be a bit off a starting position in the senior team and he might not take it as an insult if it was explained clearly to him.
Idah Dream!
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:06pm

Kelleher

Egan Duffy Collins
Doherty Knight Omadimiele  Stevens
       Mc Grath    Ogbene 
                Keane
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic