You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm
    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:14pm
We might see a few dropouts and callups between now and this game but, based on the current squad, I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Kelleher
       Collins Omobamidele Egan
Doherty                                   Stevens
                    Cullen Knight
                         McGrath
               Robinson Connolly

The big win tonight takes the pressure off this window and means the result of this game is largely meaningless, so definitely a chance to change things up a bit and see what other options we have. That team I've picked there only includes five starters from tonight and still looks strong, which is encouraging.

I'd like to see Collins start for his debut and hopefully see Scales and Keane come in at some stage as well. Maybe see more of Ogbene too. Still would want to keep the the spine of the first team in place though to keep it meaningful rather than just playing all the second choice lads, so I'd like to see one of Duffy or Egan as well as Doherty, Cullen and Robinson starting again if they're all fit and available.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Oct 2021 at 8:14pm
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:21pm
                    Kelleher
     Collins  Omobamidele   Scales
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 
          Robinson         Connolly 

hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

Like this but would have Egan for scales, wouldn't mind seeing more of ogbene too. Idah really needs a goal if he's gonna be our main man up too but yes this fixture might aswell give parrot Collins and keane a go
Whacha gonna do
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm
If there are replacements to be called in McNamara, Taylor and Scully are three I'd like to see come in. Jimmy Dunne and Jake Doyle-Hayes might be two others to consider, I'd leave the Under 21 lads where they are with the Montenegro game coming up for them.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

If there are replacements to be called in McNamara, Taylor and Scully are three I'd like to see come in. Jimmy Dunne and Jake Doyle-Hayes might be two others to consider, I'd leave the Under 21 lads where they are with the Montenegro game coming up for them.

There are enough lads already in the squad to be tried on Tuesday. Kelleher, Keane, Scales and (Nathan) Collins. Parrot, Ogbene deserve starts. Absolutely no need to call up anyone else. This isn't Football Manager 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:42pm
Molumby and brown still injured?
Whacha gonna do
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

they were suspended for today no?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:48pm
Jeff is better than both of those anyway.
I love beer gardens
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:51pm
Would be happy with the team in the opening post. Agreed that the pressure is off so we can try out a few lads who haven't had much of a chance but would be good to get a positive result too. Personally would like to see Scales play as I feel left back is an area we need to try someone new for the future. 
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Yes your right actually, id actually nearly be tempted to give them a break for the quarar game but bothn could probably do with a run out
Whacha gonna do
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:01pm
Expecting Browne & Molumby to join up with the squad for this. I'd go:

Parrott
        Robinson       Knight
Stevens Cullen Browne Doherty
          Egan Duffy N.Collins
                 Kelleher

Idah & Connolly aren't match fit, so Parrott gets the nod for me. If Knight isn't ready to start then move Browne to the 10, and start Molumby beside Cullen.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Yes your right actually, id actually nearly be tempted to give them a break for the quarar game but bothn could probably do with a run out

Both were suspended yeah.

Browne is currently on holidays with his family in Italy and still semi recovering from his injury, I imagine he will be let rest for a meaningless friendly.

Molumby is back in Dublin at the moment so he will probably link up with the squad.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:07pm

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

I see a lot of people recently taking about Qatar like they're minnows, comparing them to Andorra & Oman (*cough* Brian Kerr *cough*), Qatar are a better side than us. This isn't a friendly for them, they aren't just here to give their lads a run out, they're taking this seriously for the WC.

We want to try to win this game & build momentum off the win tonight, that back line you listed will get torn apart, far too inexperienced.

I also don't see Knight as a CM right now, he's far better as an AM, preferably on the right as his crossing is very good.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

There are enough lads already in the squad to be tried on Tuesday. Kelleher, Keane, Scales and (Nathan) Collins. Parrot, Ogbene deserve starts. Absolutely no need to call up anyone else. This isn't Football Manager 

It depends who drops out, if anyone. If nobody drops out then there's no need to call anyone up, but if a few drop out there will presumably be call ups, even just to train with the squad and sit on the bench.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:13pm
I hope he puts out what he thinks is his best team and goes full on for a win. Kenny's job is still in the balance.  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I hope he puts out what he thinks is his best team and goes full on for a win. Kenny's job is still in the balance.  

Richie Sadlier made the point that the team needs to kick on and win this one in decent style as well. The team can't just slump back to a 0-0 or a 1-1 or whatever. It needs to show that it is actually improving and knows how to win matches and score goals (consistently).
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

I see a lot of people recently taking about Qatar like they're minnows, comparing them to Andorra & Oman (*cough* Brian Kerr *cough*), Qatar are a better side than us. This isn't a friendly for them, they aren't just here to give their lads a run out, they're taking this seriously for the WC.

We want to try to win this game & build momentum off the win tonight, that back line you listed will get torn apart, far too inexperienced.

I also don't see Knight as a CM right now, he's far better as an AM, preferably on the right as his crossing is very good.

No they aren't stop talking sh*te.

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Kelleher
              Cullen         Knight 
                        Parrott 

No they aren't stop talking sh*te.

Qatar are ranked 43rd & are on an upswing, we're 50th & are at a historic low point.

Edited by Greenie50 - 09 Oct 2021 at 9:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic