FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Qatar, Tuesday 12 October 7:45pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:15pm
Cyrus does look like he let himself go a bit during Covid, like us all. 

Still well able to get around the pitch. 
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:03pm
I said this months ago and i think it’s been borne out in the last 3 windows. This team needed to play in front of and feed a crowd. I don’t think we’d have lost at home to Luxembourg if there were 25k there. If my Aunty had giant hairy ones etc….

Bar all the obvious positives, I noticed two things
1) Nathan Collins is a f**king unit!!!
2) Cyrus Christie has physically turned into Luke Shaw from 2 years ago. He’s a barrel. Don’t remember him being that big before 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:53pm
No, I think we do still need to win in Luxembourg given what happened in the Dublin game. If we win that a fair amount of the damage done in this campaign will have been undone by the end of it. If we don't beat Lux we'll finish with only one win and there will still be major question marks. But based on current form we should be beating them, despite what some on here would have you believe Portugal showed tonight that, like Qatar and Azerbaijan, they are largely useless and we made them look unreasonably good earlier in the year.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:49pm
Its not a must. A draw wouldn't be a disaster. If we play like we have in the last 2 games we will make chances against most teams. Hopefully we can continue to take them. We cant go back now. Onwards and upwards.
I love beer gardens
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I have been a vocal critic of Kenny but the last two games have been very good. We look better organised, our pressing has improved no end, we might have a guy up front who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Some real positives including Jamie McGrath who I think deserves real credit. He has come in and done very well.

Dare I say it, we're playing a lot better football than MON and Mick's teams (certainly better than the post 2016 MON anyway). No wonder the fans are excited....this is a nice team to watch.

I think Hamman hit the nail on the head when he said we were in the past trying to play football without aggression. You could see tonight and on Saturday that we were pressing high and forcing the opposition into mistakes. When we got the ball we were productive with it. Robinson revels in the free role although I would be concerned teams may try to nullify him and this nullify us. But that is for another day. Before this window I wanted 3 points and a win over Qatar so Job well done. I still feel a win in Luxembourg is a must for Kenny to continue on. We have momentum now so let's hopefully see it continue.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:19pm
Those 2 wins will they do much for our ranking? Some of the statisticians might crunch the numbers?
I love beer gardens
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:19pm
We really need something against Portugal to finish 3rd.

Lux play Azerbaijan in the next game and will open up a 4 point lead if we get beat. 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
No hurry. What if he loses to Portugal and Luxembourg? Jury still out but looking a helluva lot better for him.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:13pm
Give the man a damn contract
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:12pm
Was surprised how poor Qatar were, dunno how they won the Asian Cup.

We were flying though. Real togetherness in the group and all playing for the manager. Great to see range of goals and chances created tonight. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:10pm

I have been a vocal critic of Kenny but the last two games have been very good. We look better organised, our pressing has improved no end, we might have a guy up front who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Some real positives including Jamie McGrath who I think deserves real credit. He has come in and done very well.

Dare I say it, we're playing a lot better football than MON and Mick's teams (certainly better than the post 2016 MON anyway). No wonder the fans are excited....this is a nice team to watch.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:08pm

I have been a vocal critic of Kenny but the last two games have been very good. We look better organised, our pressing has improved no end, we might have a guy up front who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Some real positives including Jamie McGrath who
 I think deserves real credit. He has come in and done very well.

Second that

Glad to be proven wrong 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:58pm
Buzzing after this game and the last one. Kelleher had nothing to do tonight but brilliant all round, can't fault any of the players. Hendrick will have shut up a few critics, Hourihane has a great passing range when he's given any room, Robinson's unstoppable right now, Duffy is back to his best, Obobamidele great again, I could go on but the buzz is back big time. Bring on Portugal and Ronaldo !
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:57pm
Glorious, just what was required. Let’s finish this group strong and push on the NL.

Rightly or wrong Qatar aware 43 in world rankings (all those games they have played no doubt) so good to get the win.

Edited by Landsdowne90 - 12 Oct 2021 at 9:58pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:53pm
There's a real togetherness in that group you feel. There's a buzz back. This is great. Genuinely excited 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:52pm
Confidence is high and it shows it 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 9:50pm
If only we had bill john liam and eamon back together after a game like this instead of the boring drivel on now.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic