Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League 2022 Group B1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 54>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

For a man who scores f*ck all at club level, McGinn is some man for popping up with goals for Scotland. 14 in 49, I think? If we had a midfielder who looked like coming close to those kinds of goal contributions we'd be sucking diesel.

Hes not a bad wee player alright is he. Always looks like scoring for Scotland. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:41pm

For a man who scores f*ck all at club level, McGinn is some man for popping up with goals for Scotland. 14 in 49, I think? If we had a midfielder who looked like coming close to those kinds of goal contributions we'd be sucking diesel.

He plays as an attacking midfielder for us.

With Villa he's usually a defensive midfielder.

His big arse also has magic powers.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

LOLLOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 11:26pm
Christ if we lose or draw on Saturday then the Armenia game is a relagation playoff in theory (obviously a draw will do us but its a must win game for them if they pick up nothing vs Ukraine) 

What a Tuesday that would be, Under 21s lose and we lose to Armenia going down to league c in the process 

Edited by Healy52003 - 21 Sep 2022 at 11:28pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Christ if we lose or draw on Saturday then the Armenia game is a relagation playoff in theory (obviously a draw will do us but its a must win game for them if they pick up nothing vs Ukraine) 

What a Tuesday that would be, Under 21s lose and we lose to Armenia going down to league c in the process 

f**k you are miserable 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 9:23am
LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

LOLLOL

It has been handed down from Kenny Dalglish to Ally McCoist and Gordon Durie.  
AKA pedantic kunt
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

f**k you are miserable 

Christ if we win on Saturday and Ukraine fail to beat Armenia in Yerevan, then we could go in to the final game with a chance of topping the group.

What a Tuesday that would be. Under 21s win and we beat Armenia going up to League A in the process! Smile
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 10:53am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

[QUOTE=Healy52003]Christ if we lose or draw on Saturday then the Armenia game is a relagation playoff in theory (obviously a draw will do us but its a must win game for them if they pick up nothing vs Ukraine) 

f**k you are miserable 

In hindsight it just shows what a monumental f**k up the Armenia result was. Do the basics there we are bang in contention to win the Group.
A bit frustrating tbh.

Edited by kevin100 - 22 Sep 2022 at 10:54am
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:02am

f**k you are miserable 

Christ if we win on Saturday and Ukraine fail to beat Armenia in Yerevan, then we could go in to the final game with a chance of topping the group.

What a Tuesday that would be. Under 21s win and we beat Armenia going up to League A in the process! Smile

Love it. All we need is 6 points and for Ukraine to draw the next 2 games. Is that too much to ask
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:06am
My prediction is we lose 2-0 to Scotland and come from behind to draw 1-1 with Armenia in a valiant performance after a Duffy header 7 minutes into second half stoppage time leading to rapturous celebrations on the touchlines as Stephen Kenny and Keith Andrews strip to their skivvies and Sexy and I Know It comes on the PA system.

I got Duffy on the bench and I ain't afraid to show it
(Show it, show it, show it)

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 22 Sep 2022 at 11:14am
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:18am
I think we will end up with 4 points from the next two games and that leaves us in 3rd most likely.
And shows how crucial the loss in Armenia was.

Will put us under pressure to get a playoff spot from the nation’s league.

Which is very disappointing and can only be seen as a poor nations league campaign if this comes to pass.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:37am
I don't think Scotland will replicate their performance from Ukraine against us.

I think we will draw 1-1.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:47am
0-0
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:03pm
I think we'll beat Scotland by the odd goal and Ukraine will drop points in Yerevan!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I think we will end up with 4 points from the next two games and that leaves us in 3rd most likely.

Which is very disappointing and can only be seen as a poor nations league campaign if this comes to pass.

While the Armenia result was hugely disappointing and detrimental to our hopes of getting anything tangible from the group, the other performances have been pretty good. Our squad looks in much better shape than it did before the campaign started with nearly all of our players now plying their trade regularly at Championship level or higher. 

If we can round off the campaign with 2 good performances and actually beat Armenia convincingly at home, then while the outcome of the campaign may indeed be classified as poor, the actual progression of the team and the improvement in the depth of the squad can at least be viewed as real positives heading in to the next campaign. I hope we can look forward with a degree of hope and optimism that has been lacking for quite some time, both from a player and fan perspective, come next Wednesday.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:16pm

3rd place with 8 points would make us long odds on to get a play off spot through the Nations League. 8 teams that won't qualify will get a spot in League A and B play offs and that's not including Germany or the 20 that qualify. We will be ranked likely 25/26 place with 8 points.

Looking at League C beyond Turkey Greece and possibly North Macedonia the chances of any other team in League C qualifying through the Group stages is close to non existent and these teams will be 4th seeds makes life incredibly difficult for them.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 12:22pm

While the Armenia result was hugely disappointing and detrimental to our hopes of getting anything tangible from the group, the other performances have been pretty good. Our squad looks in much better shape than it did before the campaign started with nearly all of our players now plying their trade regularly at Championship level or higher. 

If we can round off the campaign with 2 good performances and actually beat Armenia convincingly at home, then while the outcome of the campaign may indeed be classified as poor, the actual progression of the team and the improvement in the depth of the squad can at least be viewed as real positives heading in to the next campaign. I hope we can look forward with a degree of hope and optimism that has been lacking for quite some time, both from a player and fan perspective, come next Wednesday.

Armenia was a perfect example of a terrible result despite a decent performance. The first Ukraine game was the only performance of the 4 I've been really disappointed with, we offered nothing after the first 15 minutes in that game.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 54>
  Share Topic