You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League 2022 Group B1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 54>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 6:27pm
Obafemi the main point of interest in the run up to this squad announcement for sure.
Outside that, it should be as we were with the last squad, barring injuries.

Can't see the squad being anounced before next Friday, eight days before the opener.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 6:50pm
Obafemi to be included in the squad according to rte on the 6-1 sports.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 8:49pm
Would any ybigger be able to point me in the direction of a B&B/Hotel/Shed that would availability the night of the 11th June for the Scotland game?

I wasn't planning on being at the game but my flights got changed so i'll be flying in from Canada that morning.

Looking online and everything is an arm and a leg.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Would any ybigger be able to point me in the direction of a B&B/Hotel/Shed that would availability the night of the 11th June for the Scotland game?

I wasn't planning on being at the game but my flights got changed so i'll be flying in from Canada that morning.

Probably cheaper to buy your own shed
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Probably cheaper to buy your own shed
If there's four or ye a taxi back to cork be cheaper than two twin rooms in Dublin that night.  Best bet is to jump on the aircoach at 1am from Ashton Quay. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:58am
Confirmed for Euro 2024 that the play-offs will feature best performing teams from League A, B and C who don't qualify in the main qualification. League D wont get a playoff spot. Finish top of this group and we are assured a play-off spot for Germany in 2024
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

Confirmed for Euro 2024 that the play-offs will feature best performing teams from League A, B and C who don't qualify in the main qualification. League D wont get a playoff spot. Finish top of this group and we are assured a play-off spot for Germany in 2024

Failing us winning our NL (not beyond the bounds Embarrassed ) then we'll be hoping, if we come 2nd, that the top team qualify through their group, so putting us onto play-offs.
Am I correct on this?

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 12:11pm
Top of the group will guarantee a playoff spot. Second place will all but assure one as well as places will open up from the 20 teams that qualify automatically. Third might also be enough to sneak in, but that would be more of a wait and see situation, we wouldn't know until the main groups are finished. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Jaysus... its almost harder to not qualify...

Well, we tried our level best last time out but still managed to make the play-offs.

Gotta admit I'm v excited for these upcoming matches.
Can sense a poor result mixed in with better results, and that poor one likely v Armenia.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Well, we tried our level best last time out but still managed to make the play-offs.

Gotta admit I'm v excited for these upcoming matches.
Can sense a poor result mixed in with better results, and that poor one likely v Armenia.

We absolutely did not deserve to qualify for that play-off game LOL, and we nearly won it as well. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Top of the group will guarantee a playoff spot. Second place will all but assure one as well as places will open up from the 20 teams that qualify automatically. Third might also be enough to sneak in, but that would be more of a wait and see situation, we wouldn't know until the main groups are finished. 

Don't worry ourselves and the Scots will give it out best shot LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:42am

Would we not expect a squad announcement this week? Sure its not that long before the games. 

Squad is being announced next Wednesday 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 2:48pm
bit off topic but does anyone know why the ticket transfer facility wouldn't be available for the Ukraine and Scotland home games? Not on the season ticket, on the presale, I bought a couple for my brother-in-law for both games and there's no transfer available on them. 

is a printout of the ticket alright still? they've gone so far digital I'm paranoid they'll not let anyone with paper in LOL
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

bit off topic but does anyone know why the ticket transfer facility wouldn't be available for the Ukraine and Scotland home games? Not on the season ticket, on the presale, I bought a couple for my brother-in-law for both games and there's no transfer available on them. 

is a printout of the ticket alright still? they've gone so far digital I'm paranoid they'll not let anyone with paper in LOL

yep you can still just print them out, I have done it the last few games as my phone battery is shocking
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

yep you can still just print them out, I have done it the last few games as my phone battery is shocking

cheers Thumbs Up
poznan7 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poznan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:17pm
If you screen grab the qr code that will work too. Done it for lithuania game and 6 nations worked grand
Bring back the Holy Goalie
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:26pm
Just looking through the injury list/fitness concerns for the June games.

Duffy, largely because of injuries, hasn't played since the Belgium game, and including that game has only started 5 games since early December. So there's no way he's fit to start 3 or 4 games in 10 days. Maybe he gets 1.

O'Shea was only starting to get a run of games (5 in a row) going when the season ended, not back to his best yet.

McClean & Stevens are also struggling with injuries. McClean through most of April, he played 68' in the final game (30th April) but it wouldn't be unlike him to play through injury when he shouldn't. Stevens got another injury in the Play-Off 1st leg for SU. Don't know what their status is, but that's a worry.

Hendrick hasn't played since the start of April, partly due to injury.

With Everton safe hopefully Coleman is rested on Sunday, that's too quick a turn around from Thursday & we can't afford him getting injured with Doherty already out.

Similarly with Anderlechts last game a dead rubber, hopefully Cullen is benched.

Idah & Omobamidele are of course "out for the season".
Connolly was playing through injury at Boro, will hopefully get that sorted over the summer, but can't see him being any use in June.

In that Attacking-Mid role - McGrath has played a whopping 1 minute since the start of February.
Connor Ronan appears to be injured. Jack Byrne also went off injured last night. Will Sykes get in again? Might see Horgan back in.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:43pm

Pretty good summary Greenie. I seriously can't see horgan back however.

We can still put out a decent side but it's definitely worth getting other players involved, I'm thinking mcnamara who's had a fantastic season, Obafemi should be there and has been very good the last 10 - 15 games.

Bazunu 
               Oshea Collins Egan 
    Coleman                            Manning 
                 Cullen Molumby
                         Knight 
                                Robinson
                   Obafemi 

Subs
Parrott 
Keane
Browne 
Ogbene
Dunne
Duffy
Lenihan 

McClean for Manning. I would like to see Parrott get decent gametime. He has had a great season. Really come on and he has actually done the business for us in games. That spot beside Cullennis becoming a real problem for us. No real creativity there. 
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 54>
  Share Topic