FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League 2022 Group B1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Wales, Iceland, Ireland, Kazakhstan would be a decent draw
Please not Wales again Dead Iceland & Kazakhstan could be some trips though
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 2:44pm
League B

POT 1
🇦🇹 Austria 
🇨🇿 Czech R
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Wales

POT 2
🇫🇮 Finland
🇺🇦 Ukraine
🇮🇸 Iceland
🇳🇴 Norway

POT 3
🇸🇮 Slovenia
🇮🇪 R Ireland
🇦🇱 Albania
🇲🇪 Montenegro

POT 4
🇬🇪 Georgia
🇬🇷 Greece
🇹🇷 Turkey
🇰🇿 Kazakhstan
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2023 at 2:34pm
Wales, Iceland, Ireland, Kazakhstan would be a decent draw
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

From next years NL there is also the promotion/ relegation playoff.

A3 will play B2, and B3 will play C2 for promotion/relegation.
I take it B1/B4/C1/C4 will automatically go up and down and there won't be any extra games for them.

Didnt spot that, thats fairly ridiculous! Even more unnecessary games while giving the bigger Nations another advantage like when they began seeding playoffs. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:42pm
From next years NL there is also the promotion/ relegation playoff.

A3 will play B2, and B3 will play C2 for promotion/relegation.
I take it B1/B4/C1/C4 will automatically go up and down and there won't be any extra games for them.
The dark side.. And the light
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Division B group winners are all but guaranteed a playoff place for the 2026 World Cup.

Yeah worth noting theres now 4 playoff spots allocated to the NL instead of 2 too.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:18pm

England very much the team to avoid in this.

Division B group winners are all but guaranteed a playoff place for the 2026 World Cup. 

Avoid England and it's a difficult but not unachievable target for the new manager.
Feck England. Get Zombie on in the changing room and we’ll run over the top of them.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:13pm

Avoid England and it's a difficult but not unachievable target for the new manager.

Well get England, Norway and Turkey.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:07pm

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Draw for the next Nations League confirmed for Feb 8th in Paris.

Austria, Czech Republic, England and Wales got relegated from League A.

Turkey, Greece, Georgia and Kazakstan got promoted from League C.

We'd want to avoid Austria, England, Turkey and Greece.

Edited by Banana_RepublicFC - 26 Sep 2023 at 3:00pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 2:37pm
Draw for the next Nations League confirmed for Feb 8th in Paris.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Any idea when the draw will be for next year's Nations League? I can't find anything online about it.

Given that the previous Nations League has an impact on Euro 2024 playoffs next March, the draw would be after that maybe? 

League C relegation play-offs aren't until March so presumably can't be done before then.

Similar to above the relegation play offs last time happened March 2022 with the draw and fixtures done December 2021.

EDIT: Sorry the draw was actually done in December last time. 

So the EURO 2024 finals draw is in December this year and they'll also have to do the Nations League draw too? You'd think they would move it until after the playoffs if they're already doing the finals draw or doing them both the same day.

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Aug 2023 at 1:48pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Any idea when the draw will be for next year's Nations League? I can't find anything online about it.

Given that the previous Nations League has an impact on Euro 2024 playoffs next March, the draw would be after that maybe? 

League C relegation play-offs aren't until March so presumably can't be done before then.

Similar to above the relegation play offs last time happened March 2022 with the draw and fixtures done December 2021.

Fair enough, had it in my head this was first time they used playoffs for relegation.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:14pm

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:10pm

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:08pm
Last draw was made December 2021 when the WC play offs were still to be played so would assume they'll have them in December again.

Edited by J89 - 14 Aug 2023 at 1:10pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:04pm

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:54pm
The other thing it does rightly or wrongly is it mixes the leagues up from season to season. The 2nd and 3rd teams (likely us) can move up down now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>
  Share Topic