You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Markets in Germany

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Markets in Germany
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
CM
Good to hear you enjoyed it.
Fecking freezing here today. 2G + negative test needed for 1880 match tonight vs Mannheim. Only 3K allowed in. I think the sub zero temps , light snow and wind will keep the number lower.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:28pm
So I went ahead with my trip to Berlin after all and have just landed back at Dublin Airport.

Had a great time at the markets that did go ahead at Alexanderplatz, RotesRathaus (just a few minutes walk), Gendarmenmarkt and Zoologischer Garten. All of them really busy but strangely not all of them (Alex) required 2g proof and not all of them had staff reminding people to wear face masks. Apart from that, it was just like pre-pandemic. Glad I did the trip. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

CM
You will need to complete this before travelling

If it's like Munich you will need your digital Covid pass and photo id
BiM

the stereotypical view of germans is that they follow laws/guidelines strictly why so the poor vaccine uptake ?
I heard its mainly East Europeans due to communist era

A big chunk of the non vaccinated in Ireland are Eastern European also. After so many years under communism there's a massive distrust of the people in power. The amount of anti immigration videos and anti vaccine propaganda I've seen reposted by some of them is hilarious because the info they spread is so wrong. One lad thinks by 2050 the majority of Europe will be Muslims. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

CM

BiM

the stereotypical view of germans is that they follow laws/guidelines strictly why so the poor vaccine uptake ?
Any link? I read Merkel's husband called the unvaccinated lazy Germans on Monday. Certainly went against the stereotype LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm

CM

BiM

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 10:09pm

CW
Hamburg numbers are not so bad at the moment. Markets are open currently in Berlin .
Also reports that Aachen markets are opened

Sound, think we will make a decision next week.. If no restrictions and were able to get into the stadium we will go. If stadium capacity is down we will probably skip the trip. As with everything lately, we'll see LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 9:54pm

CM

BiM

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 9:11pm
CM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:25pm

CW
Hamburg numbers are not so bad at the moment. Markets are open currently in Berlin .

I'm going ahead with my trip to Berlin this Friday now after it was looking like a lost cause last weekend. Hopefully no last minute problems. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:06pm
CW

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 9:27am
Supposed to go over for St Pauli game in few weeks. I see the rates arent as high in Hamburg. Am i living in cloud cuckoo land thinking its still a goer?? 

Edited by cardwizzard - 20 Nov 2021 at 9:28am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 9:46pm
I think the Leverkusen game will go ahead.
 Restrictions kick in here from Wednesday or Thursday
Will see if there is any news on Leverkusen site.
They are at home tomorrow.
1860 & Bayern will be reduced to 25% capacity
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:27pm

Lads

Not looking good. Next week Bavaria will head back into more restricted times. Clubs / Bars closed. Restaurants opened till 10pm. Reduced capacity. 25% at football. No Xmas markets.

Likely other federal states will follow suit.
Between this and Austria going into full-on lock down, I've already decided to knock my Berlin trip on the head. Just not worth the hassle. Cry

There's a lad in my office who is meant to be going to the Celtic game v Bayer Leverkusen next week along with 100-odd others from West Belfast but they don't know if they will get to go over either.

Fook it anyway! I was really looking forward to this after not being able to go last year. CryCryCry
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:26pm
Lads

Not looking good. Next week Bavaria will head back into more restricted times. Clubs / Bars closed. Restaurants opened till 10pm. Reduced capacity. 25% at football. No Xmas markets.

Likely other federal states will follow suit.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:33pm
So today the 18th of November they put up the Christmas Tree at work Wacko
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Anything on the cologne markets BIM? 

GL
Not sure if the situation will change but at the moment you look ok. However numbers are climbing quickly all over Germany. Parliament mtg today and the expectation is for further restrictions to be outlined possibly from tomorrow.

Anyway (German) it says they will open only for fully vaccinated or recovered (2G). If you see 3G it means that a negative test is also sufficient. However nearly everywhere is moving to the more restrictive 2G

The latest info I could fine in English

Sound man, thanks for that. Keep updating here if you don't mind. 👍🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

GL
Not sure if the situation will change but at the moment you look ok. However numbers are climbing quickly all over Germany. Parliament mtg today and the expectation is for further restrictions to be outlined possibly from tomorrow.

Anyway (German) it says they will open only for fully vaccinated or recovered (2G). If you see 3G it means that a negative test is also sufficient. However nearly everywhere is moving to the more restrictive 2G

The latest info I could fine in English

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 2:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic