You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:52am
I've used the opportunity to tell those friends with kids who wanted to go to this and didn't get tickets, that the league of Ireland is there all the time and maybe the kids would want to go to those games. 
Sponsored Links

Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

There are probably no more that 15k Irish fans as a core who will support the team, come what may.  Most of these will have STs.   There will always some more that cherrypick big games, some who want to be entertained, others who want to see their club heroes in the flesh. A big factor this time is that there has been nothing to go to for 18 months and we are desperate for a day out.  Expect a lot of kids at this.  
I didn't get a season ticket last time because I wasn't sure I'd be physically around for all of them because of work, but still managed to go to all the games bought on my FAI ticketmaster account. I have had a season ticket for years before then. Been to all 3 matches since COVID too and it all counted for nothing this time around and I was left fend with the general sale. Should be some sort of loyalty system that isn't just "did you buy the last season ticket?

Kind of annoying really and killed my interest in this game.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think the whole 'event junkies wanting to see Ronaldo' is a bit OTT. It's one part of the attraction but I would say for the vast majority it's about one of the big teams coming to town, atmosphere generally great for these games and a shock win against them would be a great irish night. Its the same any time a big team comes to town and I doubt you would get a load of tickets becoming available just because Ronaldo suddenly became unavailable. 

I disagree.  If Ronaldo gets injured playing for Man United over the next few weeks, you will see a lot of Ireland vs. Portugal tickets suddenly becoming available.  And all those complaining about not being able to get tickets will mysteriously disappear.

Not a hope. We sell oiut to any medium sized name, Denmark in 2017 and 2019, Austria, Serbia , Wales and even Moldova in 2017, Poland in 2015, This was going to be a sellout whether Ronaldo was retired or not

This game sold out in minutes with massive demand.  Only the Denmark playoff came close in recent memory.  

I think demand would drop a lot without Ronaldo but it would probably still be close to a full house.  

There is a new kind of football fan who follows players now rather than clubs.  I noticed it at the 2018 World Cup with Messi and Ronaldo.  A huge majority of the crowd at Portugal v Morocco was there for Ronaldo.    It is common in American sports.  I spent a lot of time in the Bay Area (near San Francisco) in the late 90's and got into baseball then.  Mark McGwire was a superstar then and loads showed up in his gear when the Cardinals came to town. 

We had Messi in town 11 years ago but not the same demand.  

It is likely to be the last chance we will get to see him in Dublin.    This is a factor.  
Off topic , Did think Mark was great when he played for the As , sure as hell took some drugs to get as big as he did in the end as his arms were like legs .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:14pm
this is the first real sell out in years as Jd and his minions were handing out thousands of freebies for years to make it look to people that the Fai were a great organisation.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I've used the opportunity to tell those friends with kids who wanted to go to this and didn't get tickets, that the league of Ireland is there all the time and maybe the kids would want to go to those games. 

There was someone on the radio saying he can't afford to pay tout prices to take his son to his first game. Could have got €1 tickets to the Qatar game if he wanted.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

There are probably no more that 15k Irish fans as a core who will support the team, come what may.  Most of these will have STs.   There will always some more that cherrypick big games, some who want to be entertained, others who want to see their club heroes in the flesh. A big factor this time is that there has been nothing to go to for 18 months and we are desperate for a day out.  Expect a lot of kids at this.  
I didn't get a season ticket last time because I wasn't sure I'd be physically around for all of them because of work, but still managed to go to all the games bought on my FAI ticketmaster account. I have had a season ticket for years before then. Been to all 3 matches since COVID too and it all counted for nothing this time around and I was left fend with the general sale. Should be some sort of loyalty system that isn't just "did you buy the last season ticket?

If anything I think more should have been done for the ST holders.  Maybe allow extras rather than a public sale.  

The reality is and has been for years if you go to the majority of games it makes financial sense to have a season ticket.  Not to mind the fact that it is guaranteed access to all home games.  

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 1:57pm
The fact you could buy more than one ticket with the pre sale code might have something to do with it😁 an  big anomaly in the system there 😅
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 1:58pm

If anything I think more should have been done for the ST holders.  Maybe allow extras rather than a public sale.  

The reality is and has been for years if you go to the majority of games it makes financial sense to have a season ticket.  Not to mind the fact that it is guaranteed access to all home games.  

But there was no restriction on ST holders buying tickets. Despite the FAI email saying that it would be one ticket per ST, that wasn’t the case. I only have one ST in my name. Initially I only had the option of buying two adults and one child ticket in the pre-sale, so that’s what I did. However, I was subsequently able to buy more tickets - got a further six tickets for people I know. Similarly, other mates with STs were able to buy as many tickets as they wanted. I checked the seating plan on Ticketmaster the night before the general sale and it looked like there was less than 500 tickets left, including about 200 premium tickets. It’s quite clear that the vast majority of tickets were snapped up by ST holders and those who received the FAI staff code.

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

But there was no restriction on ST holders buying tickets. Despite the FAI email saying that it would be one ticket per ST, that wasn’t the case. I only have one ST in my name. Initially I only had the option of buying two adults and one child ticket in the pre-sale, so that’s what I did. However, I was subsequently able to buy more tickets - got a further six tickets for people I know. Similarly, other mates with STs were able to buy as many tickets as they wanted. I checked the seating plan on Ticketmaster the night before the general sale and it looked like there was less than 500 tickets left, including about 200 premium tickets. It’s quite clear that the vast majority of tickets were snapped up by ST holders and those who received the FAI staff code.

Don't we know 😅
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:10pm
STs are a lot more attractive if you are Dublin based. If I was Dublin based I would have STs for me and all my kids. Different ball game when based in Cork and looking at a 3h drive home at 10pm (with a stop probably needed also) after an evening kick off. Not viable to do that more than once or twice a year.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

STs are a lot more attractive if you are Dublin based. If I was Dublin based I would have STs for me and all my kids. Different ball game when based in Cork and looking at a 3h drive home at 10pm (with a stop probably needed also) after an evening kick off. Not viable to do that more than once or twice a year.

Moving away from the traditional Wednesday and Saturday games really messed up people travelling but season tickets stated at €120 for an adult last time out v €50 per game so sill would make sense to buy one.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Moving away from the traditional Wednesday and Saturday games really messed up people travelling but season tickets stated at €120 for an adult last time out v €50 per game so sill would make sense to buy one.
I would expect a good take up when they come for sale in December , i think there was something like 16,000 ST holders the last time , now a lot bought them as we had two Euro games at home and they would have got tickets for them but hey we know what happened .
 I would have a guess at 14,000 will be sold this time again just a guess .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 2:33pm
Next year we're looking at what, two friendlies in March, two NL matches in June and one more NL match in the Autumn?
That it?

Edited by Fozz - 28 Oct 2021 at 2:33pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Next year we're looking at what, two friendlies in March, two NL matches in June and one more NL match in the Autumn?
That it?

Probably some pre-World Cup friendlies too in October and November time.

Also one thing to also point out the season ticket also gives you access to all Womens and U21 games too plus the FAI Cup Final too

Edited by lassassinblanc - 28 Oct 2021 at 4:05pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:13pm

That it?

Four nations league games in June and Two in September. 4 team group again this time as opposed to 3 teams first time around.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

That it?

Four nations league games in June and Two in September. 4 team group again this time as opposed to 3 teams first time around.

They wont all be at home thoughLOL
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:26pm

Plenty coming from further than Cork, who don't have the benefit of a motorway the whole way. The family season ticket was 330 in 2019, which works out at 16 euros each per game, before you count WNT, U21s and FAI cup.
If you don't want to drive, there's a bus that goes every 2 hours from the quays straight to the centre of Dublin.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

That it?

They wont all be at home thoughLOL

You mean I can't wave my Season Ticket at the security in Moscow and waltz into the away match?
What sorta scam is this Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic