Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:00am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

There are many lads out there that would support an epl team over their own country if there ever was a competitive match

Funny that reminded when we played Spain in 2012, and they named out the Spanish team . Some people booed Torres because he played for Liverpool before .  Confused

Edited by theheff1989 - 17 Sep 2021 at 10:00am
Sponsored Links

fangreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fangreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:10am
yea, keep club and country apart.  They never meet so suppose shouldn't be a problem.

The best one was with Arthur Borc had to go N Ireland with the Poland team.  That was a "tough crowd"  Smile
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by fangreen fangreen wrote:

ah ok.  i thought perhaps since Ireland are kinda out of the races in this group people might not bother taking a ticket.   And yes, I woudln't mind seeing Ronaldo but also just want to go to a game :-)

Wonder when they will announce there are tickets.  

So even if Ronaldo gets another yellow card during Portugal's qualifying matches in October and suspended for the Ireland match in November, you will still be looking for tickets, yes?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Imagine celebrating because a Portugese footballer who plays for your favourite English football team scores a goal against your country.

Same lads are the ones asking why Ireland are sh*te these days and want to know who this 'Kenny fella' is.

That is depressing 
Now a good number on here put their LOI team first , is that good or bad ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Imagine celebrating because a Portugese footballer who plays for your favourite English football team scores a goal against your country.

Same lads are the ones asking why Ireland are sh*te these days and want to know who this 'Kenny fella' is.

That is depressing 
Now a good number on here put their LOI team first , is that good or bad ?

Nothing wrong with that.  You can’t compare putting your local team ahead of your national team with someone who puts a team in a different country with their own nations team.  They are not comparable.  I know in your case your local team was Burnley and that’s fair enough as it’s not the same as some lad in Clifden or Ballina or Killarney who shouts for Man Utd or Liverpool and castigates the Irish national team time and time again. 
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 12:01pm
Was wondering if they would sell the Qatar and Portugal games as a bundle. 
There's usually demand for the top seeded teams and add Ronaldo it'll be high demand. But Qatar there will be no desire for people to see this friendly. 
The dark side.. And the light
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:01pm

yea, keep club and country apart.  They never meet so suppose shouldn't be a problem.

The best one was with Arthur Borc had to go N Ireland with the Poland team.  That was a "tough crowd"  Smile
Didn't Lovenkrants get the same reception in Dublin?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Didn't Lovenkrants get the same reception in Dublin?
No, it was Madsen who got a bit of stick, the clowns thought he was Lovenkrants...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:31pm
Then booed Ireland players after that Clap

My first time in Lansdowne Road Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 3:48pm
If capacity is back to 100% I guess we'll get our usual ST seats via a paper ticket. In fairness, it worked out well for the last two matches, it was handy getting seats in pretty much the exact same place.

I thought they would bundle Azerbaijan and Serbia, but they didn't, so are unlikely to do it for Qatar and Portugal.

And yeah, Portugal will be close to a sell-out. 45k+ I'd say.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:00pm
I hope they do bundle the two games. Make the ****s only going to see Ronaldo pay for both and get a few quid out of themClap
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I hope they do bundle the two games. Make the ****s only going to see Ronaldo pay for both and get a few quid out of themClap

Too right 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

There are many lads out there that would support an epl team over their own country if there ever was a competitive match

Funny that reminded when we played Spain in 2012, and they named out the Spanish team . Some people booed Torres because he played for Liverpool before .  Confused

Or when Liverpool fan boys booed Sterling in the Aviva before the Friendly in 2015 an  Embarrassing moment.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
fangreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fangreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

ah ok.  i thought perhaps since Ireland are kinda out of the races in this group people might not bother taking a ticket.   And yes, I woudln't mind seeing Ronaldo but also just want to go to a game :-)

Wonder when they will announce there are tickets.  

So even if Ronaldo gets another yellow card during Portugal's qualifying matches in October and suspended for the Ireland match in November, you will still be looking for tickets, yes?

no. fk ireland they are hopeless.  just want to see CR
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:26am
f**k off and wum somewhere else you ****. Thumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Sep 2021 at 8:27am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:59am
fangreen is 40 years of age WackoLOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:15am
40 years a moron....
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

f**k off and wum somewhere else you ****. Thumbs Up

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic