Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:00pm
I have never seen Ronaldo play if i am honest Lamp
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

You watch the matches with your eyes closed?
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

****s that haven’t spoke to me in years suddenly asking about tickets, lads in work who go out of their way to let me know that they have no interest in International football suddenly asking. This is a country full of ****s.
Had the same sort asking last fecking Christmas when the draw was done start of December. “Ah it would be great to see Ronaldo”. “How do ya get tickets for the Portugal game I’d love to go”. Aye no bother I’ll add yas all to my imaginary list.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

After seeing the picture of that attention seeking gobsh*te at the Serbia game in the Rice half Ireland half England jersey, I'd believe anything couid happen.

Paddy power have stopped taking bets on marko turning up in his Ronaldo jersey 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

****s that haven’t spoke to me in years suddenly asking about tickets, lads in work who go out of their way to let me know that they have no interest in International football suddenly asking. This is a country full of ****s.

Another yellow and he could be suspended. Oh I'd love it 
Ah you'd definitely want him to play. I'd say a fair few people have lived through the Ronaldo/Messi generation and never seen him play live. I've only seen him once back in 06. The game is gonna be a dead rubber for us anyway, so we might as well test ourselves against the best. 

It'd be a bit like going to see 1970 Brazil and being happy that Pele is suspended
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

After seeing the picture of that attention seeking gobsh*te at the Serbia game in the Rice half Ireland half England jersey, I'd believe anything couid happen.

Paddy power have stopped taking bets on marko turning up in his Ronaldo jersey 

No way. Marko is a mad f**ker, but he's our mad f**ker. The Portuguese can get their own.

Edited by Paulie - 16 Sep 2021 at 2:14pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

You watch the matches with your eyes closed?
Come on Bren you get my drift Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:26pm

You bonkers? Every barstooler in the country will be onto this to see their hero Ronaldo. This will be the only sell out we have. 

Spot on re the demand but dare I suggest only half the barstoolers will want to be there in their CR7 shirts unless the other half are there to boo him.  
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

You bonkers? Every barstooler in the country will be onto this to see their hero Ronaldo. This will be the only sell out we have. 

Spot on re the demand but dare I suggest only half the barstoolers will want to be there in their CR7 shirts unless the other half are there to boo him.  
LOL good point
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:46pm
A Fanboys wet dream this sure to be a sell out.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:56pm
Two ****s who wouldn't go to an early kick off, on a weekend, vs Azerbaijan have already been onto me
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 5:21pm
Seen him in Portugal for the first time. I’d much rather to remember the night as one of our best away wins ever than the one he scored two late goals against us. Was a massive fan of him during primary school when he was at United and I’m sure like most football fans still have massive admiration but Ireland will always be first and foremost. Hope he doesn’t play in November.
fangreen View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fangreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Seen him in Portugal for the first time. I’d much rather to remember the night as one of our best away wins ever than the one he scored two late goals against us. Was a massive fan of him during primary school when he was at United and I’m sure like most football fans still have massive admiration but Ireland will always be first and foremost. Hope he doesn’t play in November.

Can we still qualify though?  Confused
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 6:55am
Originally posted by fangreen fangreen wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Can we still qualify though?  Confused
Whats that got to do with Ireland always being first and foremost for him? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:17am
Got tickets to the WC2006 semi final on the day. HE was a big overshadowed that day to be fair. France V Portugal.
Ronaldo and Figo on one side
Zidane and Henry on the other.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:37am
Imagine celebrating because a Portugese footballer who plays for your favourite English football team scores a goal against your country.

Same lads are the ones asking why Ireland are sh*te these days and want to know who this 'Kenny fella' is.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:49am
There are many lads out there that would support an epl team over their own country if there ever was a competitive match
Chips don't bounce
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Imagine celebrating because a Portugese footballer who plays for your favourite English football team scores a goal against your country.

Same lads are the ones asking why Ireland are sh*te these days and want to know who this 'Kenny fella' is.

That is depressing 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic