Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It’s time to add more chants to our games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Heard Hey Mambo,Italiano....on the radio the other day and reminded me of Omobamidele
Oh moba,mobamidele
Oh moba,mobamideleEmbarrassed
Young folk won’t know the song Big smile

His name could easily be adapted for the kolo/yaya chant 

Like it!

Omo - omo, omo - omo, omo - omo, bam, i, del, e !

Save this for when he gets his first goal!

Could combine it with Obafemi if he breaks back in to squad
Sponsored Links

Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 10:34pm

Edited by Cliftonville7Ireland - 29 Mar 2022 at 10:39pm
Theirishog View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theirishog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 10:38pm
just an updated version of the first ever post *love generation*

From Corcaigh up to Derry 

This is Kenny 

This is Kenny, yeah

We like our players playing ball to feet

Early crosses from James McClean 

Headed goals that Duffy meets

Don't you worry, it will be so sweet

Just look to Coleman, you will see

The ball will land to Ogbene’s feet 

I've got so much love for Parrott

When he turns and hits the net

Feel the Kenny generation

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Feel the Kenny generation

C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon, yeah

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 10:53pm
Bob Sinclair would be proud 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 11:33pm
Well, I'm runnin' down Lansdowne road tryna loosen my load
I've got Glenn Whelan on my mind
Caleb Folan wants to own me, Tyreik Wright wants to stone me
Odubeko says he's a friend of mine

Take it Ogbene
Take it Ogbene
Don't let the sound of Glenn Whelan drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place in front of the North Stand
And take it Ogbene
Theirishog View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theirishog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 4:17pm
I love it
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 7:50pm
Has a thread like this ever ended in a song taken by the crowd?  No.
Likewise, the recent atmosphere discussions on Irish sports radio/podcasts showed a total lack of fan culture / game-going awareness.

If you think you've come up with something decent, go on an away game and sing it in the pubs/around ground/stands.
Failing that start it up at a home game, though it will prob mean a lot more long awkward singing alone.
They're the options.

Also we need to bin po xy Seven Nations Army after goals, same sh ite in every ground around Europe...embarrassing. Forced atmosphere never helps. 
We should petition - something internet forums are more suited to.
<insert witty comment>
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Likewise, the recent atmosphere discussions on Irish sports radio/podcasts showed a total lack of fan culture / game-going awareness.

If you think you've come up with something decent, go on an away game and sing it in the pubs/around ground/stands.
Failing that start it up at a home game, though it will prob mean a lot more long awkward singing alone.
They're the options.

Also we need to bin po xy Seven Nations Army after goals, same sh ite in every ground around Europe...embarrassing. Forced atmosphere never helps. 

We don’t really need ‘new’ tunes just sing the ‘Irish ones ‘ instead of the depeche mode sh*te and the sh*t James McLean one 

How on the one road and god save Ireland isn’t more prevalent is beyond me - rant over 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

They're the options.

We don’t really need ‘new’ tunes just sing the ‘Irish ones ‘ instead of the depeche mode sh*te and the sh*t James McLean one 

How on the one road and god save Ireland isn’t more prevalent is beyond me - rant over 
McClean*
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

They're the options.

McClean*

Thumbs Up
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 9:22pm

They're the options.

McClean*

Thumbs Up
I just cant get enough of correcting this very common error.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 9:30pm

They're the options.

McClean*

Thumbs Up
I just cant get enough of correcting this very common error.
Had a mate called McLean well that’s my excuse 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 9:31pm
Niall Quinn's Disco Pants doesn't get the airtime it deserves!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 10:28pm

Robbed from Spurs fans.
Pussy cat dolls tune: 

“Don’t you wish your right back was Doherty”
El Puto Amo
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 11:05pm
Don't understand the music after goals. It's absolutely sh*te. No music required whatsoever after a goal
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 11:13pm
What about Sweet Caroline 
It's not even that tongue in cheek. Everyone knows it and gets the crowd going. 

Edit: just read that N.ireland use it!

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Apr 2022 at 11:16pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 11:26pm
lol good effort Andy.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What about Sweet Caroline 
It's not even that tongue in cheek. Everyone knows it and gets the crowd going. 

Edit: just read that N.ireland use it!

With add ons
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic