You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 159>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:41pm
Scrappy enough goal but he used his strength well to beat the defender to it.

It has been very hard to get updates on this game so no Idea how well he played overall. SSN would have been as well just sending the cameraman rather than sending the reporter they sent to cover it, she was absolutely useless.
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:43pm
Get in! 1st start, goal and assist Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:46pm
First senior goal also with an assist at 17 against L1 opposition not bad at all.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:55pm
wrong thread EmbarrassedLOL

Edited by irishmufc - 25 Aug 2022 at 8:42am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:04pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Forest Green Rovers 0-3 Brighton | Carabao Cup highlights | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
great finish for the goal it looked easier than it was
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It has been very hard to get updates on this game so no Idea how well he played overall. SSN would have been as well just sending the cameraman rather than sending the reporter they sent to cover it, she was absolutely useless.

Was it scrappy or did he take that with the inside of his heel? I can't make out. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:13pm
Amazing where we were even 12 months ago regarding our young attacking players. The 3 of the original 4 (Parrott Idah Obafemi) have made big strides but now Ferguson Burns the likes of young Cian Hayes at Fleetwood Kenny, Armstrong at QPR of course Ogbene has bolted from the blue. So much attacking potential.

Ferguson might well be the most promising of the lot. Great to see him get off the mark and would be very happy to see him stay at Brighton playing 23s football and Cup games this season! Still not 18 until October extremely young!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:15pm
Hopefully Potter gives him another start against Arsenal but he might be tempted to go with a stronger team given who they have been drawn against.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Was it scrappy or did he take that with the inside of his heel? I can't make out. 

I'm not actually sure now that I've seen it again. There seems to  have only been one camera covering the game. Might have actually been a quality finish if we got a proper look at it.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

First senior goal also with an assist at 17 against L1 opposition not bad at all.

His second he scored a goal in EFL trophy last year for Brighton. Future is getting brighter by the day.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:42pm
At 17 I think ferguson is ahead of the curve. He's been playing u23s football from day 1 of moving to Brighton. 

I think there's an outside chance he'll get premier league minutes towards the end of the season.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

His second he scored a goal in EFL trophy last year for Brighton. Future is getting brighter by the day.

It's Brighton's U21s that play in the EFL trophy. This is his first goal for the senior team.

Also has he gotten bigger because the lad looks like an absolute unit out there amongst everyone else.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

It's Brighton's U21s that play in the EFL trophy. This is his first goal for the senior team.

I'm confused.  This was an EFL Cup match.

Edited by Fozz - 24 Aug 2022 at 10:52pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:56pm
Good friend of mine played with his Da years back. Supposed to be very good but we've all heard that too many times before. Best of luck to the lad, good night for him Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I'm confused.  This was an EFL Cup match.

EFL trophy & EFL cup are completely different competitions 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

EFL trophy & EFL cup are completely different competitions 

Ah, OK, now I get what is being said Sleepy

Yeah, that EFL Trophy is the one where PL teams field kids only versus lower-league first teams.
OK, good stuff, and well done Evan!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Also has he gotten bigger because the lad looks like an absolute unit out there amongst everyone else.

Yeah but it was against Northampton Town in a senior competition hence it was his first goal at senior level. Anyway he had a perfectly good goal for Bohs chalked off for hand ball when he was 16 when he actually scored it with his foot. One of the worst decisoins Ives ever seen in my life.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 24 Aug 2022 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 159>
  Share Topic