You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 158>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 4:48pm
I think he'll need to stay at Brighton for a certain period time, probably until after his 18th birthday and until he counts as a homegrown player, before he could go on loan. So he'll probably stay at Brighton for at least the first half of next season.
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Consistently getting a place in the match day squads for Brighton now. Would be great to see him get some time on the pitch to close out the season but he's made amazing progress this season.

I'd image Brighton will look to buy a forward in the summer, I wonder if ferguson would be allowed to go on loan.

Next season will see a number of irish forwards in the championship.

Will Keane, troy parrott (hopefully), adam idah, aaron connolly (likely), Michael Obafemi, Robinson, hogan.

Maybe Ferguson, maybe Scully.

It's a good level we want out players to be playing

Ogbene, Kayode and Kelly at Rotherham too, since they got got automatic promotion into the Championship.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 6:59pm
Brighton 4 zip up against United, 20 minutes left, time to give Evan a go, surely.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by gally gally wrote:

Brighton 4 zip up against United, 20 minutes left, time to give Evan a go, surely.

No Fergie time today
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:21pm
Possibly might and I'd say Connolly will have to find himself a new club this season.

Would be good to see Ferguson out playing somewhere for even half a season. Don't think playing U23s is gonna benefit him much.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Brighton signed 18 year old forward Julio Enciso on a 4 year deal for 10million . 

Hes 9 months older than Ferguson which is negligible. I would expect this means Ferguson will be bumped from match day squads.

I wonder if a loan somewhere might be a consideration

I think he's more of a winger/support striker than an out and out centre forward like Ferguson. Seems to be a short, tricky kind of player. So probably won't directly compete with him so much.

Would seem to be another sign that Connolly's future lies away from Brighton though.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 6:27pm
He's still very young he's not at the needs first team football now stage. At a club like Brighton there is always a chance of cup and even league minutes. So I wouldn't be too fussed on a loan for him yet, let him score a hatful of goals at youth level and try to break into more first team squads/Cup games for a while.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:16pm
Yeah he might be best served where he is for one more season I think. 
He probably be on the bench if he went to a championship club too. Better to do it at Brighton
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:44pm
First things first for Ferguson is that he is fit and firing for pre seasons and tries to impress. He can then maybe look at getting a few cup games and the odd appearance off the bench. Brighton's striker options have form for being niggle prone too (Welbeck in particular) so if they don't add to these he may find himself coming off the bench a bit in League games. 

Plenty appearances in Cup games and 15 odd senior Brighton appearancs between Cups and off the bench would be huge. They may also loan him out in January when he turns 18.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

First things first for Ferguson is that he is fit and firing for pre seasons and tries to impress. He can then maybe look at getting a few cup games and the odd appearance off the bench. Brighton's striker options have form for being niggle prone too (Welbeck in particular) so if they don't add to these he may find himself coming off the bench a bit in League games. 

Plenty appearances in Cup games and 15 odd senior Brighton appearancs between Cups and off the bench would be huge. They may also loan him out in January when he turns 18.

I can see this being the highly likely outcome. A three to four month loan spell with in league two would be a good humbling learning curve for him at that age.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:42pm
Brighton close to signing a highly sought after forward for £6m. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

I can see this being the highly likely outcome. A three to four month loan spell with in league two would be a good humbling learning curve for him at that age.

A very Irish way of looking at it. We must never let our lads build any confidence LOL
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

A very Irish way of looking at it. We must never let our lads build any confidence LOL

I meant the context of young players copping on and getting the reality check that they have to put in the hard yards and work rate to make it in football especially at a high level, better off getting that as early as possible. A good example is Parrott this season and the progress he made from his change of attitude. The reality check of last season where he didn't hit the ground running in his loan moves to Millwall and Ipswich. It was a massive reality check for him, he has the ability, probably believed his own hype a bit but means nothing if you don't put in the work, apply yourself and make it happen for yourself.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:19pm

Edited by Nialler - 23 Jun 2022 at 7:19pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I meant the context of young players copping on and getting the reality check that they have to put in the hard yards and work rate to make it in football especially at a high level, better off getting that as early as possible. A good example is Parrott this season and the progress he made from his change of attitude. The reality check of last season where he didn't hit the ground running in his loan moves to Millwall and Ipswich. It was a massive reality check for him, he has the ability, probably believed his own hype a bit but means nothing if you don't put in the work, apply yourself and make it happen for yourself.

I know what you meant lad I am only taking the piss. I just found the turn of phrase funny. I would have him out playing ASAP too.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 6:52pm
Starting for Brighton vs Forest Green.

Moran and Furlong subs.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 8:26pm
Just got an assist, a very good assist 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:37pm
Goal!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 158>
  Share Topic