You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 155>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I see no reason for him to leave Brighton at any stage in the next 2/3 years if they as a club continue to progress and challenge consistently for Europe. 

The way they are run you wouldn’t bet against them doing this 

I would personally love to see him do that and it might get to the stage where one of the big guns as in top 2/3 clubs in World Football like City or Madrid come calling. 

Spurs or United are not stable football clubs unfortunately even if Ten Hag has done a good job papering over the cracks this season.

Absolutely, and especially if DeZerbi is there. The manager has brought him through really well and sees him as a big asset. That is really important to his growth and it would be silly to move away from that environment. 
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 11:31am
Nice piece on Evan on Sky Sports News there.  

Showed some footage of St. Kevins, Bohs and now and building him up to be a 100 million pound player in the making.

Melissa Reddy asked him if he would consider switching to England and he said ''We'll have to wait and see''.

Only joking.  He said he loves The EIRE and is going nowhere.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 11:41am
Fairly pathetic that they're still asking him that, they might as well ask Jude Bellingham if he's going to switch to Ireland while they're at it...

In other news, unsurprisingly, everyone wants him. 

Fairly arrogant for Man United to be calling their missing out on him a £50m mistake, he chose Brighton for good reason as we're seeing now.

Will probably be sold next summer and will probably set a record for the transfer of a teenager between two English clubs when he does move.
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:07pm
I hope Bohs get a nice tidy sum of money when he eventually moves on. Did I see 10% somewhere before? That would be €10 million if he goes for €100.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:16pm
100 Million!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
I love the lad as much as the next fan but such talk does nobody any favours.

Let's see how he copes in Athens on a warm and sticky Friday night Big smile
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

100 Million!
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
I love the lad as much as the next fan but such talk does nobody any favours.

Let's see how he copes in Athens on a warm and sticky Friday night Big smile
Agree we need to be more realistic.

100 million would just be the upfront fee. You'd expect another 80-100 in add-ons and installments.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:41pm
He’s a genuine world class talent if United are buying players like Antony for £80m then why shouldn’t Brighton hold out for a larger fee? He’s a better player than Antony already.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:45pm
If - and obviously that's a big if - he continues at his current rate of development, he'll easily be worth £70m plus by next summer.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Fairly pathetic that they're still asking him that, they might as well ask Jude Bellingham if he's going to switch to Ireland while they're at it...

Fairly arrogant for Man United to be calling their missing out on him a £50m mistake, he chose Brighton for good reason as we're seeing now.

Will probably be sold next summer and will probably set a record for the transfer of a teenager between two English clubs when he does move.

Watch the whole interview they are talking about his first international goal and playing for Ireland having a natural conversation and she follows with “I have a lot of Irish friends that ask me is there any chance he might declare for England I don’t think that’s gonna happen no”? 

She asked it like an Irish interviewer would do basically endorsing the fact he’s all in on Ireland. Presenter in question is South African who likely couldn’t give sh*t about England. 

Was nothing arrogant about the question or the way she asked it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:51pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12887336/evan-ferguson-man-utd-and-tottenham-identify-brighton-striker-as-future-target 

As for Man Utd and Tottenham as if he’d be playing now if he was at either club.

I am a United fan but wouldn’t remotely trust our club to make use of his ability. Owners in question of either club couldn’t run a brothel don’t mind a successful football club on the field. Can put Chelsea in with that too. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

His all round play is a joy to watch! Crisp passing and a lovely touch to go with his great finishing! We finally have a superstar in the making.

He certainly looks the real deal.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12887336/evan-ferguson-man-utd-and-tottenham-identify-brighton-striker-as-future-target 

As for Man Utd and Tottenham as if he’d be playing now if he was at either club.

I am a United fan but wouldn’t remotely trust our club to make use of his ability. Owners in question of either club couldn’t run a brothel don’t mind a successful football club on the field. Can put Chelsea in with that too. 

6 months ago he wouldn’t get a look in at United probably but he’s developing into a top striker and is now miles ahead of what United have with Weghorst and Martial the two main strikers.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Wonder will they label Moises Caicedo the £70m+ mistake since they could have signed him for £5m but didn't bother.

Edited by J89 - 23 May 2023 at 1:44pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 3:40pm
This lad will be the difference between us drawing games 1-1 and winning games 2-1 against the likes of Greece, Scotland, Ukraine, Sweden etc.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 7:05pm
On the bench v City.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 7:57pm
How the fook is he not starting tonight? I need fantasy football points from him. But seriously after his 2 goals last week. 
I love beer gardens
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

How the fook is he not starting tonight? I need fantasy football points from him. But seriously after his 2 goals last week. 

Same as what Brighton have done last few weeks in rotating in the midweek games where possible.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Same as what Brighton have done last few weeks in rotating in the midweek games where possible.

Ya but you have a few games left. Hardly needs a rest now. Scores last week twice hes on a roll. Allow the man to roll please somebody 
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 155>
  Share Topic