You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 155>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Has any reputable English journalist actually written anything suggesting that the FA are interested?

I'd be surprised if the majority of England fans have even heard of Ferguson.

You reckon England fans, majority of them who follow the Premier League wouldn’t be aware of an 18year old goalscorer breaking through on the Premier League stage? Come on.

3 goals for a small club.

Most of them have never heard of him would be my assumption.

Weird assumption.

The English have youngsters like Fergsuon breaking through all the time, most amount to little- off the top of my head, Brewster, Greenwood, Hudson Odoi, etc.

I do think ferguson is the real deal, but think we are worried about nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong but Brewster and Huston odoi have done the square root of f**k all between them since playing at a senior level . Hardly comparable to Evan who has scored 3 goals in premier league in a handful of appearances . 
Greenwood is obviously after self inflicting his own demise 

Hudson Odoi got a bad Achilles tendon injury in 2019. Think that might be a factor in him going backwards ironically considering Evan Fergusons plight a few weeks ago. 

Just shows how fortunate Evan was to escape serious injury it was a miracle to be quite frank.

Kev, you’re being over dramatic again.

Eriksen was subject to a tackle not as bad a few nights before and is out until April. He was very fortunate to escape serious injury. 
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Has any reputable English journalist actually written anything suggesting that the FA are interested?

I'd be surprised if the majority of England fans have even heard of Ferguson.

You reckon England fans, majority of them who follow the Premier League wouldn’t be aware of an 18year old goalscorer breaking through on the Premier League stage? Come on.

3 goals for a small club.

Most of them have never heard of him would be my assumption.

Weird assumption.

The English have youngsters like Fergsuon breaking through all the time, most amount to little- off the top of my head, Brewster, Greenwood, Hudson Odoi, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but Brewster and Huston odoi have done the square root of f**k all between them since playing at a senior level . Hardly comparable to Evan who has scored 3 goals in premier league in a handful of appearances . 
Greenwood is obviously after self inflicting his own demise 

Hudson Odoi got a bad Achilles tendon injury in 2019. Think that might be a factor in him going backwards ironically considering Evan Fergusons plight a few weeks ago. 

Just shows how fortunate Evan was to escape serious injury it was a miracle to be quite frank.

Eriksen was subject to a tackle not as bad a few nights before and is out until April. He was very fortunate to escape serious injury. 

Wasn’t a miracle though was it?
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 3:46pm

How have you heard of them?
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm

Just shows how fortunate Evan was to escape serious injury it was a miracle so be quiet frank.

[/QUOTE]

Shut up Frank, it was a miracle by her holiness sweet mother Mary
It would damage this forums' reputation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 9:43pm
1 million posts later 

Is he still playing for us ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:30pm
Starts tonight, on ITV4. Andy Moran on the bench. Bonham in nets for Stoke, Smallbone on the bench.
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 7:47pm
Scores
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 7:48pm
5th of the season, get in! Simple tap in, but they all count!

Idah Dream!
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 7:53pm
he ends up having to drop deep a lot to get involved, could see him having to do similar for us if we had Ogbene and Obafemis pace alongside hlm to run in behind it could work well
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 7:55pm
Set up nicely and unselfishly by Mitoma for an easy tap in for Ferguson. Still had to be there to score.
He is helping out defence a lot too and has won a few balls back in his own half. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:03pm
Scored and not playing badly but probably the least involved I've seen him in any of the Brighton games I've watched so far. 
Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:09pm
Took him a while to get into the game but when the ball has come his way he's held the ball up and linked up play really impressively. 

He owes Mitoma a pint for being generous enough to square that to him.

Each one of these games will be huge for his confidence and will likely keep him in the starting lineup.

Brighton's ability to hold on to the ball in seriously impressive.  
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:18pm
But can he do it on a Tuesday night in Stoke? Yes as it turns out.

Smallbone on for the second half, hopefully Moran gets a run as well.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:46pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:58pm
Youngest Irish goalscorer in the FA Cup in 14 years

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 9:01pm
His touch and link up play has come on leaps and bounds in only a few months. Everything seems to stick, and every pass is struck with conviction. Great to see.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 9:09pm
Undav and Welbeck both had great chances to score but didn’t! Advantage Ferguson.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Youngest Irish goalscorer in the FA Cup in 14 years

I genuinely love these stats. Nice one Clap
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 155>
  Share Topic