You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 155>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Haven't heard much about Glory Nzingo since he went to Reims either.
he has been injured but back playing and scoring recently 

Looked like he has a bit of pace too. He was getting on the end of his bad touch before Moder nipped in ahead of him to score.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Haven't seen him really but he seems to be getting regular 1st team involvement lately. Too early for a call up to have a look?

Yeah, probably too early. Especially with the way the Ireland fixtures fall, & Kenny aiming to win the NL group, Ferguson won't be getting much gametime for Brighton before that.

Brighton have Spurs in the next round of the Cup, so I wouldn't see him getting more than the usual 10mins there.
And in the PL he won't get much either, maybe 5-10minutes against a Burnley or a Norwich.

I could see the next year for him going something like:
Mostly playing U23s, but if Brighton get a decent draw in the EFL Cup next season, then Ferguson could get a couple of starts there in August/September/October, depending on the level of opposition. He'll be turning 18 at that point.
Interspersed with some PL minutes off the bench vs lesser teams.
Then maybe an FA Cup game next January before heading out on a half-season loan to a League 1 club (Portsmouth or MK Dons or something).

Perhaps if we have a couple of friendlies in November he could get capped then.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Looked like he has a bit of pace too. He was getting on the end of his bad touch before Moder nipped in ahead of him to score.

Yeah thought he was gonna get there too 

Should have kept himself onside for the disallowed one but still going he’ll learn

Looks to have good movement 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

not so sure it was a bad touch. Think he meant the touch to go around the defender. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 4:14am
I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt BSM but I definitely think it was a bad touch.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:48pm
On the bench again for Brighton vs Crystal Palace. Could tonight be the night he gets his PL debut?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 9:45pm
is it a case he'll be a bench player for the rest of the season now that Connolly is at Boro or is there a Brighton player out injured who'll dislodge him when they're back?

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Jan 2022 at 9:45pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

is it a case he'll be a bench player for the rest of the season now that Connolly is at Boro or is there a Brighton player out injured who'll dislodge him when they're back?

Not sure. They have another young forward, 19yo Sarmiento, who is injured at the moment (expected back in late February). He has 2 PL apps & 2 EFL Cup apps this season.

Aside from that, from looking at their squad list, all their other forwards were available tonight - Maupay, Trossard, Welbeck, & Ferguson.

Ferguson has played against Cardiff (ELF Cup, missed the Swansea game with a knock) & WBA (FA Cup), so I think there's clear intent they want to move him up a bit & it's looking good that he'll be on the bench a lot for the rest of the season.

Their next run of games:
Chelsea (PL)
Leicester (PL)
Spurs (FA Cup)
Watford (PL)
Burnley (PL)
Aston Villa (PL)

Might get another 10 minute run vs Spurs in the Cup.
If he's going to get his PL debut anytime soon then the Watford or Burnley games could be a good bet.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Got 15 mins off the bench for the brighton vs Tottenham game and did ok. 

Would be good if he can continue to get minute under his belt this season. 

Interesting thought is that it's difficult to see how he's that far behind Idah, Connolly or Parrott at the moment in terms of his progress.

Idah only has the last few games of late and was subbed today, connolly only finding himself again at boro and parrott still making progress in league 1.

Ah those lads are miles ahead of Ferguson. Parrott is the youngest of those 4 (including Obafemi) and still about 2.5 years older than Ferguson

Or do you mean when they were his age?

Anyway, the fact Potter is comfortable throwing Ferguson on for 15mins vs Spurs bodes well for a Premier League debut in the near future.

As I said in a previous post though, hopefully he follows more the Parrott route (goes on loan once he's 18) rather than the Connolly/Idah/Obafemi route (staying at their parent club until 20/21 getting sporadic appearances).
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 11:17pm
Highly regarded at Brighton it would seem.

Graham Potter gave a late run-out to 17-year-old striker Evan Ferguson, who has impressed Veltman since coming into the first-team squad.

I was hoping he might score that tap-in when [Hugo] Lloris spilled the shot at the end but his goal will come,” said Veltman. “He is doing really well in training.”

Brighton official website

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:27pm
On.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:28pm
Premier debut?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Premier debut?

Yes. Makes history as Brighton's youngest PL player.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:33pm
Great stuff. Decent minutes for him as well, not just a few seconds at the end. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:56pm
The youngest player to appear in the EPL this season (Kaide Gordon was younger when he appeared, but Ferguson is younger than Gordon, if that makes sense).

Edited by You Tell Me - 19 Feb 2022 at 4:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 6:27pm

58- Ferguson- 4

Came on after 68 minutes, and was not in the game at all. First touch let him down on a couple of occasions, and overall an ineffective cameo.

Sussex Express

Evan Ferguson - 6

Was full of zest when he came on for his Premier League debut but didn't have much time on the ball.

Sussex Live

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 19 Feb 2022 at 6:28pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 7:41pm
Mixed Sussex.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 4:44pm
edited

Edited by Nialler - 30 Apr 2022 at 4:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 155>
  Share Topic